• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There is no fucking Doubt anymore

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers can't contend, but everyone knew that last year.

But you can't go the next 72 games with Kobe trying to play 1 on 5. One, you'll guarantee he has to retire earlier than most expect, and two, you can't build ANY team chemistry that way.

It doesn't matter who else is on the roster. If you don't trust them to make baskets, thats more about YOU than them. Great players make their teammates better. Kobe has never really learned to do this.

If he shows he can actually be a better teammate, they'll probably still lose......but it will show free agents that they can play with Kobe and that he's willing to defer. Simply having Kobe chuck it up every night accomplishes nothing of consequence. That way will guarantee they lose........at least lose with a purpose.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....but it will show free agents that they can play with Kobe and that he's willing to defer.
Haven't you heard, they can't afford free agents with Kobe's contract. Any free agents will have to be lured with what is there when Kobe retires. And it looks like it is going to be a lot of Kobe shooting records.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't you heard, they can't afford free agents with Kobe's contract. Any free agents will have to be lured with what is there when Kobe retires. And it looks like it is going to be a lot of Kobe shooting records.

Actually, they can. They were far enough under the salary cap this past off-season to be able to offer max deals to 'Melo and Lebron and that was with Nash's $9.7 million on the books. Most of the roster is signed to 1 year deals and Nash's contract comes off the books.

Going into next season, they will have cap space for both a max level FA and a solid "2nd tier" FA.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 18,241.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet the Laker's want Kobe gone more than Kobe wants to be gone. Just read the comments from after the game last night. Lin, Boozer and Scott pretty much all call out Kobe for being a ball hog. Whereas Kobe comments still show that he doesn't have a clue.

I bet you're wrong. They pay him 24 mill & he brings in 80 million. To give up that kind of a moneymaker is insane.

Never forget....the NBA IS A BUSINESS. As well as entertainment. Kobe helped the Lakers get that huge deal from TWC.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 18,241.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers only have around 36 million committed next summer. They have $ for free agents.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 18,241.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But you can't go the next 72 games with Kobe trying to play 1 on 5. One, you'll guarantee he has to retire earlier than most expect, and two, you can't build ANY team chemistry that way.

It doesn't matter who else is on the roster. If you don't trust them to make baskets, thats more about YOU than them. Great players make their teammates better. Kobe has never really learned to do this.

If he shows he can actually be a better teammate, they'll probably still lose......but it will show free agents that they can play with Kobe and that he's willing to defer. Simply having Kobe chuck it up every night accomplishes nothing of consequence. That way will guarantee they lose........at least lose with a purpose.

Kobe made 44% of his shots last night. The rest of the team combined to make around 36%.

Does he shoot too much sometimes? Most assuredly, yes. But last night? He & Hill were the only ones who showed up.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right! Kobe never learned in his 19 years of playing. That's why he never accomplished anything. :noidea:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe made 44% of his shots last night. The rest of the team combined to make around 36%.

Does he shoot too much sometimes? Most assuredly, yes. But last night? He & Hill were the only ones who showed up.

I swear I think most of you Lakers fans are dense on purpose. IF you want teammates to shoot better, you have to get the ball REGULARLY in a position to score as easily as possible.

Getting a random jump shot on the off chance Kobe is not shooting is not a way to build team confidence, and virtually NO other player can score or have a high percentage in that kind of scenario.

In short, Kobe shooting all the time is mostly WHY his "teammates never show up"

Guys have to get into a rhythm.......Kobe does not allow that to happen.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 18,241.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear I think most of you Lakers fans are dense on purpose. IF you want teammates to shoot better, you have to get the ball REGULARLY in a position to score as easily as possible.

Getting a random jump shot on the off chance Kobe is not shooting is not a way to build team confidence, and virtually NO other player can score or have a high percentage in that kind of scenario.

In short, Kobe shooting all the time is mostly WHY his "teammates never show up"

How many shots is needed? Boozer got 13 & made just 3.

SMH.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 18,241.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dense? LOL when you have to resort to insults.

I've seen some things people have said to you since I've been on here. Not very complimentary either.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanking seems to be such a negative word so maybe its not going that far but given the moves and decisions they've made, it doesn't appear they're actively trying to win games. At the very least, their approach to how to win games is a very difficult one.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spoken like someone who hasn't watched any Lakers games.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanking seems to be such a negative word so maybe its not going that far but given the moves and decisions they've made, it doesn't appear they're actively trying to win games. At the very least, their approach to how to win games is a very difficult one.

Injuries aren't helping much either. Randle is gone for the year, they haven't had Young all season, although he should be back tomorrow, Kelly just went out for another 6 weeks and of course, Nash is out for the season. Perhaps we can let them get a couple of guys back before we say they're not trying to win.:noidea:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good Lord, are we back to "it's all Kobe's fault" again...?:L

Back to it? You mean it stopped? We're probably going to lose about half of the posters on the NBA boards when he finally retires. They won't have anything else to talk about.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries aren't helping much either. Randle is gone for the year, they haven't had Young all season, although he should be back tomorrow, Kelly just went out for another 6 weeks and of course, Nash is out for the season. Perhaps we can let them get a couple of guys back before we say they're not trying to win.:noidea:

I really think the Lakers have one foot out the door trojan.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 18,241.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bottom line, the Lakers just aren't very good.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 18,241.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Young returns, they should be better. Not a lot, but a little. Young is a good enough scorer to demand attention so they won't be able to double Kobe.