• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There is no fucking Doubt anymore

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season is already lost at the best with the Lakers missing the playoffs. They are in too big of a hole to turn it around. They would have to win 7 straight just to be at 50% and that ain't gonna happen. This is why it is imperitive to get a good start.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season is already lost at the best with the Lakers missing the playoffs. They are in too big of a hole to turn it around. They would have to win 7 straight just to be at 50% and that ain't gonna happen. This is why it is imperitive to get a good start.

Yup, which is exactly why I started that OKC could miss the playoffs thread. You DO NOT want to fall behind in the West early in the season because it will kill you.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried telling you guys before the season started that your team was fucking awful and you didn't listen. Kobe can't do it on his own.

It's probably best that you lose anyways, you'll need that top 5 pick next year badly.

HERE WE GO AGAIN SMH. What Lakers fans didn't think this team would be bad? You think we didn't know that, especially, losing our 1st round pick and our second best player? Stop trying to pump your head up like you told us something we didn't know.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HERE WE GO AGAIN SMH. What Lakers fans didn't think this team would be bad? You think we didn't know that, especially, losing our 1st round pick and our second best player? Stop trying to pump your head up like you told us something we didn't know.

Smh... do I need to pull up the 30 win bet thread again? I was going to let it go until the end of the season, but if you insist then feel free to read through how many of your fans took the bet and called me crazy for not thinking they'd win 30.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smh... do I need to pull up the 30 win bet thread again? I was going to let it go until the end of the season, but if you insist then feel free to read through how many of your fans took the bet and called me crazy for not thinking they'd win 30.

First of all, I was one of the ones that took the bet. Just because we think our team can win 30 games, doesn't mean we didn't know our team was going to bad this year.

And to make it worst, we are without our #7 pick, Nick Young, and probably had the hardest 10 game schedule to start tge season than any other team. So lets not act like that 30 games is out the picture, especially when our schedule gets easier.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lack of talent is far from 'tanking'.
I didn't see yesterdays Lakers game, but the ones I have seen there has been effort/passion.

Example, I was at the Heat game yesterday. Lost to the lowly Bucks.
The players gave max effort. That didn't lead to positive results, but as a fan, max effort is all I'm owed.
Sometimes the other team(s) are just more talented.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I was one of the ones that took the bet. Just because we think our team can win 30 games, doesn't mean we didn't know our team was going to bad this year.

And to make it worst, we are without our #7 pick, Nick Young, and probably had the hardest 10 game schedule to start tge season than any other team. So lets not act like that 30 games is out the picture, especially when our schedule gets easier.

Not sniffing 30.
That would require a 29-43 finish from here.
Your #7 pick isn't coming back and Young will only take shots away from Kobe.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 18,241.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they even have a draft pick this summer in 2015? I thought they traded them all away. If that's the case than tanking is useless. Either way, I don't know what Scott is smoking, but I can't believe he just now figured out that these guys flat out don't give a crap about winning.

It's top 5 protected, otherwise it goes to Phoenix.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 18,241.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't tanking either, they just suck.

Kobe's the only volume scorer. And I'd prefer him trying to keep us in games than Lin or Boozer.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
between the Lakers and 6'ers..it's a race to the bottom.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 18,241.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge breakdown of the Kobe contract...

From Kobe's side...Kobe gets offered $48m for 2 years

A. Kobe is arrogant to think that they can pay him $24m per year and contend

B. knowing he isn't worth $10m a year he takes it because he isn't leaving the Lakers and he knows that if management are willing to pay him that much money their level of competence is less than mouth breathing so he should take the money and record chase.

From short Buss's side...

2 possibilites:

A. Kobe is the tank effort and we will back pay him with record chasing and a huge retirement bonus
B. Lakers organization is ridiculously incompetent and think that Kobe can be the 3rd+ best player on a contending team.

You choose based on how competent you think the Lakers management is or how arrogant you think Kobe is

That's an awful breakdown.

BTW, how is Denver doing?

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up is not okay with me. I feel its way to early in the season to display this kind of behavior. They mailed it in real early last night. They are bad but that was embarrassing.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an awful breakdown.

BTW, how is Denver doing?

Feel free to correct it. There is no plausible explanation that includes both competence and contention.

And they are not looking like that are going to get the 42 wins I need, LAL on the other hand are looking very good to get my the 51 losses I need from them.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, The Lakers are terrible this year, got to think Kobe may want out soon if things don't get better quickly.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, The Lakers are terrible this year, got to think Kobe may want out soon if things don't get better quickly.

I bet the Laker's want Kobe gone more than Kobe wants to be gone. Just read the comments from after the game last night. Lin, Boozer and Scott pretty much all call out Kobe for being a ball hog. Whereas Kobe comments still show that he doesn't have a clue.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what? Last time I checked this is a 'prediction' thread. And I can say with almost 100% certainty I've watched more basketball and know more about the game than you do.

You seem to have an avid fascination with contradicting anything anyone says on threads like these, without any decent input yourself. If I were to say "The Lakers will win 50 games this season", you would come out of your little hiding space, and ridicule the notion without any knowledge of the current affairs.

And btw, yes I do think the Lakers, barring any major injuries like we had last year, will win close to 50 games this year.

Wonder why Shaqdaddy has disappeared from the board? Such a head-scratcher.:omg: