• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There is no fucking Doubt anymore

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time you heard a chant from fans about Lebron or any other stud pony for that matter??

Yeah, the sweet spot was when Boston fans, let me repeat that: Boston fans chanted Kobe's name for MVP before the trifecta huddled up to win their first in 26 years....I can still replay that game on my DVR when I need a pick-me-up.

His recovery from two major injuries, at his age, is remarkable no matter who you root for. He schooled Ariza last night, his buddy, 8 years younger to boot.

Oh and as for the +/- stat, tell me how many games Lakers won last year without him?? For the record, their record was the worst since '56 and failed to make the playoffs. Tell me how good Lakers were without Kobe....puleeeez. Try and grasp something other than trying to spin things anti-Kobe.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are tanking.

There is not even a grumble about a coach who is 1-9 coming off an embarrassing loss for such a storied franchise. This kind of season hasn't happened to the Lakers in Ages. The fact that they play Kobe 40 mins. And Byron is fine with it. The fact that Kobe is shooting 30 shots a game seemingly at min. And Byron is fine with it. It goes beyond respect. I don't think Byron is Kobes bitch like Dantoni was. I think they know something we dont. This team is completely gone minus a couple of guys next year. Byron is going to start over next year pretty much with a whole new group of guys. They are going to give him the season. They aren't trying to win. Its the Kobe show this year, and the Lakers are going to let him. They are going to get rid of all these guys, and yes, as hard as it is to believe, they have to be tanking. No coach in his right mind would be 1-9 with a team full of quitters. Almost as if its understood. There is no passion. There is no pride. There is no heart. While i agree expectations should be low. This is crazy bad and way to nonchalant. I believe Nick will add some badly needed scoring but less he has a breakout year, we wont win more then a handful of games more with him. All against bad teams. This team is despicable. Less i hear Byrons name on the hot seat anytime soon i can not come to any other conclusion.

Put a fork in em.

I hope you like your turkey dry fellas.

:doobs:
told ya fuckers, as per usual.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's over, it's done and they ended up with a fantastic young core.

I don't think there's a single Lakers fan out there that's unhappy about this team.
yeah at the time it really pissed me off. But it worked out. Was looking for another post and i was like, oh yeah.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how badly the Pelicans got beat after Davis hurt himself. The Lakers are putting a notice out to the league that they are no joke under a coach who knows how to use a player to their strengths rather than force them to play in a way they aren't most comfortable.

Just another game where the Lakers scored an absurd amount of points while slowly improving on the defensive end with each game.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually started the season after Dwight left. It was some whom was understandably on the pissed side throughout that season, and the rest of us that KEPT saying "hey losing is actually winning guys". It's also pretty gratifying that Boston passed on Randle....

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And speaking of pulling up threads, I'd also like to find the threads where some of us were debating when the Lakers would be back because of tanking as opposed to the doom and gloom that some argued would keep us down forever

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how badly the Pelicans got beat after Davis hurt himself. The Lakers are putting a notice out to the league that they are no joke under a coach who knows how to use a player to their strengths rather than force them to play in a way they aren't most comfortable.

Just another game where the Lakers scored an absurd amount of points while slowly improving on the defensive end with each game.

Is it though? That roster is horrendous. And Alvin Gentry sucks big ones as a head coach

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it though? That roster is horrendous. And Alvin Gentry sucks big ones as a head coach

The Lakers haven't been able to do this to ANY team regardless of skill for years. So imo, yeah.