• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Curious NBA Career of Josh Richardson

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been awhile since I've written an NBA blog, so here goes...

josh-richardson.jpg

Once considered a centerpiece of Pat Riley's rebuild, and prior to that was Dwyane Wade's understudy in Miami as a rookie, Josh Richardson has now played on five teams in the last four seasons - Including this one.

As the 40th overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft, Richardson was actually one of Riley's better value picks. And last August, Boston even signed him to a one-year contract extension in large part to increase his trade value. Richardson averaged 9.7 points per game for the Celtics on 39.7 percent shooting from three-point range before being traded to the Spurs last month for Derrick White.

The catch? San Antonio's roster in extremely guard-heavy. Talk about going from a sure thing (once being traded for Jimmy Butler) to who the hell knows...

Richardson is a modern day Jimmy Jackson, in that he's a guy everyone seems to want but also a player that every team he's been on was willing to sacrifice. As a player that defends well and can knock down the occasional threes, he seems like a Popovich guy. He could in theory play out the rest of his contract in San Antonio, but the 6'5" player who has spent virtually his entire NBA life at the shooting guard position will need to play forward almost exclusively to make it work beyond the last couple months of this season.

Frankly, he is a guy with just the right amount of veteran saavy that I can't help but to root for as the Spurs look to eventually eliminate the Lakers from play-in contention. We all ought to know by now how my fellow Hoosier Gregg Popovich feels about LAL.

2022spurs-josh-richardson-75th-diamond-badge-city-edition-white-jersey.jpg

The Curious NBA Career of Josh Richardson

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh had 18/5 the other night in his first Spurd start.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one made made one of the website’s featured stories back in early March…

Turns out I’m such an insightful writer that the site felt obligated to feature me for a write-up on a role player. Who would have thought? :scratch:

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one made made one of the website’s featured stories back in early March…

Turns out I’m such an insightful writer that the site felt obligated to feature me for a write-up on a role player. Who would have thought? :scratch:
Umm, I think that says something about the site.
I don't really mean to harsh on your self praise, but that lead off sentence is so convoluted as to be near non-sensical. And the rest is not much clearer. Seriously, it would be a nice first draft, but really needs a lot of work to even have a point.