• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Washington Coddlers

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The terrible R-word that football needed to lose (opinion)

I know the popular thing now is to blame white people, white liberals that is, for what went down far as the name change goes. As the link above shows that's bullshit though white liberals getting involved may indeed have gotten the ball rolling. Because as with every other issue or grievance NAs have had throughout history. It was very likely ignored, not listened to and not worried about.

But the silver lining is this. White conservatives while they pretend they don't. Just love to whine and turn into giant pussy willows when complaining about white liberals. They won't admit it, but right now white conservatives are gathered together at shooting ranges, fishing holes, poker tables or alone watching p**n or DVRed games of their fave football team. Indulging in a self-satisfying and in some instances, self-gratifying, cheese n whine-fest for the ages.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The terrible R-word that football needed to lose (opinion)

I know the popular thing now is to blame white people, white liberals that is, for what went down far as the name change goes. As the link above shows that's bullshit though white liberals getting involved may indeed have gotten the ball rolling. Because as with every other issue or grievance NAs have had throughout history. It was very likely ignored, not listened to and not worried about.

But the silver lining is this. White conservatives while they pretend they don't. Just love to whine and turn into giant pussy willows when complaining about white liberals. They won't admit it, but right now white conservatives are gathered together at shooting ranges, fishing holes, poker tables or alone watching p**n or DVRed games of their fave football team. Indulging in a self-satisfying and in some instances, self-gratifying, cheese n whine-fest for the ages.
Come on guys ! Maybe we should chill on the stereotyping of ANYONE white liberals or conservatives ! I know I quoted your post breed but this isn’t just you . All of us , myself included , need to tone it down

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was told that the logo was actually designed by a Native American artist. Is this true?
It was but when he depicted his own people in an honorable way he had no idea just how offensive it was until we told him.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Categorically false.

The interpretation of a misinformed mind.

it is funny how you believe that. For many years, the people who actually felt the racism never believed the word to be offensive. Then, over time, white liberals hounded on the word being racist, slowly causing the misinformed Indian youth to believe it. Hell, even today, most Indians don’t find it offensive.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is funny how you believe that. For many years, the people who actually felt the racism never believed the word to be offensive. Then, over time, white liberals hounded on the word being racist, slowly causing the misinformed Indian youth to believe it. Hell, even today, most Indians don’t find it offensive.

I showed you a poll that proved otherwise.

cool story though.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I showed you a poll that proved otherwise.

cool story though.

You showed me nothing worthwhile. These polls have been taken many times throughout the years. The acceptance of the word is eroding. It is eroding because of PC white liberals continually telling people they should be offended. Eventually dumb ass kids start believing them without knowing the history of the word.

Look at the actual history of the word. It was coined by the American Indian. Nobody uses the word redskin as a slander.

Poll of Native Americans' view of Redskins name finds "proud" most common answer - ProFootballTalk

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...a11cfa-161a-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

From there, who determines if a word is slanderous? The speaker or receiver? If people didn’t try so hard to be offended, they wouldn’t be. I find the words African-American and Native-American offensive but I don’t cry when people use the word. African-Americans are not typically from Africa, in no way share the African culture, and have no desire to live in Africa. Native-Americans were not indigenous to America, were not a unified group, and were essentially warring nations vying for land. Somehow settlers from Europe are demonized for doing exactly what “Native-Americans” did to the people before them and to each other. Hell, to this day, China is doing the same thing but liberals don’t seem to care. Barrack Obama had a huge deal with India, the leading slave nation in the world, who today have more slaves than the USA had in total.

Feel free to verify anything I stated.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I forgot...

46 Indian high school use the redskin name today. If it is an offensive term, why do they use it?

As for mascots, did the American-Indian used to look that way? Hell, I think they look freakin’ cool. Why are people so butt hurt about their own history? I don’t see Germany being called a Nazi country. I think their history is a bit worse. I don’t see Africa and their history being analyzed. They aren’t ashamed of enslaving people and murdering people.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys just stop.

It's offensive to some Indian groups, and it's obvious why. That is enough reason to change the name.

I used to be really stupid - like some of you still are - and rationalized it away saying we're glorifying the name. That has been our intention, but so what? That doesn't change the fact that some Indian groups find it offensive for an obvious reason.

What changed my mind was a discussion I had with a close relative about 12 years ago who happens to run a museum for Indians. I gave her 6 year old daughter a Redskins jacket for her birthday. She took the opportunity to educate me - telling me it's a nice looking jacket, but she would have to quit her job if her daughter wears that jacket, because she works with the heads of various tribes as part of her job. And the problem isn't that Washington is on the jacket. The problem is that it's OBVIOUSLY OFFENSIVE if you think it through and put yourself in their shoes. If you're not too soft to take the criticism, then think it through.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys just stop.

It's offensive to some Indian groups, and it's obvious why. That is enough reason to change the name.

I used to be really stupid - like some of you still are - and rationalized it away saying we're glorifying the name. That has been our intention, but so what? That doesn't change the fact that some Indian groups find it offensive for an obvious reason.

What changed my mind was a discussion I had with a close relative about 12 years ago who happens to run a museum for Indians. I gave her 6 year old daughter a Redskins jacket for her birthday. She took the opportunity to educate me - telling me it's a nice looking jacket, but she would have to quit her job if her daughter wears that jacket, because she works with the heads of various tribes as part of her job. And the problem isn't that Washington is on the jacket. The problem is that it's OBVIOUSLY OFFENSIVE if you think it through and put yourself in their shoes. If you're not too soft to take the criticism, then think it through.

No it isn’t. Everything offends somebody.

There is literally not a single reason for people to be offended by that word today. Nobody has been scalped. Nobody uses it negatively. If the speaker wants to offend you...you will know it. The receiver should only be offended if the word spoken is meant offensively.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a spectacular example of the mental
Gymnastics some people on the right have to go through to maintain their sanity.

Absolutely amazing.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's offensive to some Indian groups and that is enough reason to change the name.

And that boys and girls is whats wrong in the world today.

As long as somebody doesnt like it.... it must go.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a spectacular example of the mental
Gymnastics some people on the right have to go through to maintain their sanity.

Absolutely amazing.

I really liked it when he jumped though the on fire snapping jaws of 25 foot crocodiles. I could've sworn that last one was gonna get him.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's offensive to some Indian groups and that is enough reason to change the name.

LMAO. You literall

But the reason it's offensive to them is so obvious, you have to be a moron not to see it. Right? :thumb: