• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Washington Coddlers

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUt there are no Wolves Native to DC, there were actual hawks..... Wolves might work.. but I dont want to throw out what I was thinkin... LOL
Id rather they get rid of red altogether. Total makeover. All I know is that whatever the name will be brace yourselves fans of this team for the laughter and jokes that will be coming our way from the outsiders as well as insiders. Could get brutal. SMDH

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUt there are no Wolves Native to DC, there were actual hawks..... Wolves might work.. but I dont want to throw out what I was thinkin... LOL

according to this
Wolves in Virginia. Both grey and red wolves once lived in Virginia. Today, both species of wolf have been extirpated within the state. ... evidence available at present supports species status (Canis rufus) for the extant red wolf

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id rather they get rid of red altogether. Total makeover. All I know is that whatever the name will be brace yourselves fans of this team for the laughter and jokes that will be coming our way from the outsiders as well as insiders. Could get brutal. SMDH

Dan missed his Window. He could have done this years ago, come up with some idea like the Wizards did where the name offended some and as such he wanted to make the team name something ALL Americans could get behind.

Now he will look like he did it because it was going to cost him money otherwise. And the team will lose some fans just because he caved.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to this
Wolves in Virginia. Both grey and red wolves once lived in Virginia. Today, both species of wolf have been extirpated within the state. ... evidence available at present supports species status (Canis rufus) for the extant red wolf

I stand corrected good sir

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont come around much anymore. But I had to come in just ot do a temperature check on this.

Apparently it goes from What ever, to snapping the thermometer off while its still inserted.

HAppy Monday.

And IM for Redhawks or Red Wolves... Just sayin
But not WARRIORS?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But not WARRIORS?

I could role with it, but WHICH type of Warrior would you make the imagery??

I would be partial to this one as an HD alumni

But some how I think that goes sideways.
4e169522-3e5f-11ea-a8c1-0a0f862183bb.png

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get rid of any name associated with any group of people. Stick with animals or objects please. Rather not do this again anytime soon.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always felt that the Redskins logo actually honored native Americans. That will now be erased.

I don't think that was bad either, and they could've just changed the name to Warriors, but I think at this point they want to break clean of the whole thing. We'll find out whenever they get their trademarks set.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90% of Native Americans are not offended by the name Redskins but a vocal minority got their way.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lobbyists or Bureaucrats would work.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could role with it, but WHICH type of Warrior would you make the imagery??

I would be partial to this one as an HD alumni

But some how I think that goes sideways.
4e169522-3e5f-11ea-a8c1-0a0f862183bb.png
To me this pic would be very offensive... but whadda I know.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me this pic would be very offensive... but whadda I know.

Rep... H.D. Woodson is a predominantly black high school in Washington DC. Unlike the Redskins logo, the Warriors logo has always been designed by the students it was meant to represent.

But I agree some would find it offensive, although I doubt anyone would consider it a slur.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia....

State animals: Big-Eared Bat, Northern Cardinal, American Foxhound, Brook Trout, Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly, Red Salamander, Striped Bass, Eastern Oyster

Plant: American Dogwood

Rock: Nelsonite

Spirit: George Washington's Rye Whiskey

Boat: Chesapeake Bay deadrise

Maryland...

State animals: Oriole, Calico Cat, Blue Crab, Astrodon, Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Rock Fish, Thoroughbred horse, Diamondback terrapin, Baltimore checkerspot butterfly

Flower: Black-eyed Susan

Tree: White Oak

Gem: Petuxent river stone

Boat: Skipjack

Yeesh, not many usable ideas from either....

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Piglets. And use the picture I have as my avatar for the logo on the helmet.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well , good to see you shark .are you going to pop in from time to time when the new name comes out ?

i think we need to have a link to our past with the new name but not force "red " something

red wolf is nothing more then a mixture of coyote and wolf . i have 2 gray wolves (or timber wolves depending on where you find them ) so the name would be OK

my thing is does dan snyder deserve my loyalty with a defacto expansion team after 29 yrs of his incompetence

the team redskins had my loyalty regardless . the redwolves or others , not so much . if i dont have a link to the past then i dont really care a lot about the team subject to it earning it

i dont much care for the NFL and its support of marxist organizations and my passion will reflect that. its easy to see what they want in their mission statement and that is incompatible with my belief's . i will never ever be a communist

and i have cut off all alumini donations to my university until such time as the product it turns out is better then indoctrinated sheep . college professors voted for left wing democrats at a 85 % clip . . their donations matched that rate so until it come more in line of 50/50 . they wont get my money to graduate trash

i do not watch college sports because i am not supporting their BS any longer . colleges make their money off of these programs and i will not support them with my money

i have gone months without any sports and i find that i can do without it . so MMA could be in the cards or other outdoor activities until such time as i can watch a game without the constant pushing of a political agenda on either side .

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Red-tailed hawks, Cooper’s hawks, and Red-shouldered hawks

Today, the indigenous cultures of the Chesapeake Bay region are vibrant and thriving, testimony to their continued determination. Tens of thousands of people across the watershed identify as American Indian.

• The Commonwealth of Virginia has formally recognized 11 tribes: the Chickahominy Tribe, Eastern Chickahominy Tribe, Mattaponi Tribe, Monacan Indian Nation, Nansemond Tribe, Pamunkey Tribe, Rappahannock Tribe, Upper Mattaponi Tribe, Cheroenhaka (Nottoway), Nottoway of Virginia and Patawomeck. The Pamunkey tribe is the first Virginia tribe to be recognized by the federal government.
  • The State of Maryland has formally recognized two tribes: the Piscataway Indian Nation and Piscataway Conoy Tribe. The Maryland Commission on Indian Affairs serves eight indigenous tribes in the state.
  • The State of Delaware has formally recognized the Nanticoke Indian Association.
I think there was a tribe located in the marshes of what is now Washington DC named the WeSucks. I vote for that one. I think they had a chief name ChiefDanNoBalls.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well , good to see you shark .are you going to pop in from time to time when the new name comes out ?

i think we need to have a link to our past with the new name but not force "red " something

red wolf is nothing more then a mixture of coyote and wolf . i have 2 gray wolves (or timber wolves depending on where you find them ) so the name would be OK

my thing is does dan snyder deserve my loyalty with a defacto expansion team after 29 yrs of his incompetence

the team redskins had my loyalty regardless . the redwolves or others , not so much . if i dont have a link to the past then i dont really care a lot about the team subject to it earning it

i dont much care for the NFL and its support of marxist organizations and my passion will reflect that. its easy to see what they want in their mission statement and that is incompatible with my belief's . i will never ever be a communist

and i have cut off all alumini donations to my university until such time as the product it turns out is better then indoctrinated sheep . college professors voted for left wing democrats at a 85 % clip . . their donations matched that rate so until it come more in line of 50/50 . they wont get my money to graduate trash

i do not watch college sports because i am not supporting their BS any longer . colleges make their money off of these programs and i will not support them with my money

i have gone months without any sports and i find that i can do without it . so MMA could be in the cards or other outdoor activities until such time as i can watch a game without the constant pushing of a political agenda on either side .
I am with you on this i been a die hard baseball fan intill that strike i never went back except the royals vs mets world series after that i was done again i was done with Nba when Kevin Durant left the Thunder . Collage basketball i pop in and out of KSU games and big time Duke games . And if there is not football this year in college i will survive and probaly lose interest in that. But with the skins new name i am interested to see if it brings better luck and Mojo i will follow and watch will i buy a shirt or a hat probaly not..And i cant even stand espn anymore or Disney or ABC