• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Washington Coddlers

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is on a crusade, do you think? It’s always a boogeyman with some people.

“Liberals.” “Antifa.” “Peaceniks.” “Hippies.”
“The gays.” “Transgendered people.”

Some people are scared of everybody, it seems.

FedEx was on a crusade? Really? A crusade for what purpose?

The redskins had to change their team name because of the breakdown of family structure?

What on earth are you talking about?

i am talking about meaningless symbolic gestures that have no effect on peoples plights . i got the name changed , yippie but i cant eat

what is happening has been predicted in rules for radicals

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You not being clear is one of the issues. That much is certain.

There is a middle ground to your logical fallacy, yes?

It is possible that somebody could not really know if it is racist - or at least not fully understand how other people find it racist, but believe that they do find it racist - and thus be generally supportive of a name change.

Is that something you can understand?

Also, you didnt address the rest of what I wrote.
What am I not clear about?

Since there is no fallacy, I'll not address the middle ground inquiry.

What else did you write that needs addressing? That it takes a while to make a change? Really? A couple of schools in my county are changing their names (congratulations) due to the thought police. They made this decision within the last 30 days. It is in effect for the next school year. And this isn't just a Mascot change, but an entire institution name change. How do you rationalize that?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am talking about meaningless symbolic gestures that have no effect on peoples plights . i got the name changed , yippie but i cant eat

what is happening has been predicted in rules for radicals

what is rules for radicals? Is that some kind of alt-right fairytale manifesto?

you have no idea what type of affect any small “meaningless” gesture has on anybody else. You’re not omnipotent.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is rules for radicals? Is that some kind of alt-right fairytale manifesto?

you have no idea what type of affect any small “meaningless” gesture has on anybody else. You’re not omnipotent.
you dont know rules for radicals ? the way you describe it speaks volumes . perhaps you should research it , read it and have your eyes opened . alt right ? what a joke

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to reread what you wrote. “Some people are just selfish assholes who arent interested in anything other than what makes themselves happy.”

We understand you are talking about those who wanted to Keep the name, expected it really, but flip it around to those who wanted it changed. The selfishness of what would make them happy applies to them as well. In fact I would say more. Those who wanted to keep it never marched down the street... but those who wanted change bitched and moaned. That is the definition of selfishness. When you’re on the side who won the fight its easy to call out the other side as being selfish for not seeing things your way.

Bottom line: look in the mirror at being selfish. Your happy the name changed right.

Your own point made.

Bitchin n moanin isn't the definition of selfishness, but if it were. Aren't you being selfish with your bitchin n moanin now? You didn't march cuz you didn't think it would get changed. Neither did I, but those that did go out and march and protest at games for a name change weren't selfish. They were motivated and then the Floyd murder and the protests as well as the bullshit looting and stupid ass burning down of buildings happened and it was like a perfect storm for the protesters.

And while you didn't ask me. No, I'm not happy there will be a name change. I understand why though.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these victims groups and they can’t figure out their own issues are causing the problems as a group.

If you don’t get pregnant as a single person, your life is much better.

If you do well in school and take your education seriously when young, your life is much better.

If you don’t commit crimes, your life is much better.

If you don’t do drugs and alcohol, your life is much better.

It is amazing how these hold true for all groups of people.