• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The unofficially official offseason thread

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally feel the Sox will be 3-4 in the AL Central this year. They have not improved since last year IMO.
Hard to argue. I mean, out of the two major offseason developments, signing Benintendi is a plus, losing Abreu is a minus, and in this case the minus definitely outweighs the plus. As I've mentioned a gazillion times now, the only hope for the Good Guys to be truly competitive in '23 is that our roster plays largely healthy for a full season, but based on recent history, that's a lot to ask. Otherwise, no doubt we're screwed.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy who needs to replace Abreu's production is Andrew Vaughn - Benintendi just needs to cover what Vaughn did in his first two seasons and he is a plus there based on career average. Better outfield defense is a plus over last year. The season will tun on the health of Eloy Jimenez and Luis Robert. Starting pitching figures to be worse than last year with Cueto being replaced by the suspended Clevinger.

I'm optimistic as I usually am - just less so. ;)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis may have left the building, but damn if he ain't coming back!!!

Still not enough to take us over the top in the Central, but this is a damn good signing.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis may have left the building, but damn if he ain't coming back!!!

Still not enough to take us over the top in the Central, but this is a damn good signing.
That's a good value at $3 million based on last year's performance - Elvis was an $15 million dollar player last year. I think this makes the team better. He played like a professional ball player last year.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good value at $3 million based on last year's performance - Elvis was an $15 million dollar player last year. I think this makes the team better. He played like a professional ball player last year.
I expressed my surprise a week or so back after learning that Elvis remained unsigned by any other team. I had assumed he was already a goner. He even stated he was willing to play 2b for the Sox this year. To me it read like, "Hello, Rick Hahn, I'm like super available - hint hint!!!!"

Good to see Hahn finally grabbed a clue and inked him.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expressed my surprise a week or so back after learning that Elvis remained unsigned by any other team. I had assumed he was already a goner. He even stated he was willing to play 2b for the Sox this year. To me it read like, "Hello, Rick Hahn, I'm like super available - hint hint!!!!"

Good to see Hahn finally grabbed a clue and inked him.
I'm predicting Leury Garcia is done - Romy hangs as back up 2nd and 3rd base - Maresnick becomes the 4th outfielder.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm predicting Leury Garcia is done - Romy hangs as back up 2nd and 3rd base - Maresnick becomes the 4th outfielder.
Not quite ready yet to ditch Leury, altho I have to agree he could be hanging by a thread. I've always liked his versatility, but only considered him the ultimate pine brother. Just so long as he comes off the bench, fills in for injured players or gives regular starters a spot rest, I'm down with that. A Leury Garcia that's an everyday starter or just even plays a significant amount of games never bodes well for the ballclub.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit! Hahn better sign Machado’s gardener and maybe even his 4th cousin this time, all while telling the fan base they are going to spend the money!

1677101229346.png

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the White Sox at least pretend to try to contemplate pretending to make a pretend offer