• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The unofficially official offseason thread

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there! fixed that for ya.

and remember, that could change depending on what happens between now and the season's start.

I am not upset that you removed the all caps...but I am upset that you went full bore the other way and didn't use capitals to start sentences or proper nouns.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not upset that you removed the all caps...but I am upset that you went full bore the other way and didn't use capitals to start sentences or proper nouns.
caps are soooo misused. they should only be for emphasis ... nothing else. i consider myself extremely good with punctuation. nobody ever has a problem reading my typing. and you're not really upset about something that trivial, are you? :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a look at some roster & non-roster invitees to Spring training:

Naturally, very excited to see Montgomery and Colas, altho both were expected to be invited. Not too surprised that Matt Thompson gets a look-see, been curious to what he brings to the table. But no Jared Kelley? :drama:

Also good to see fan fave Billy Hamilton potentially back in the mix, at least enough to get invited. Hope he has a solid Spring. We could use his defense and speed, not to mention as team cheerleader from the pine.
Grifol seems to want defense on his bench for the OF and Inf (I think he wants to be done with Leury Garcia). I've been reading that Matt Thompson is expected to pitch some big-league innings this season. Montgomery and Colas are the crown jewels of the current farm.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's MLB's Top 100 Prospects:

Orioles have 8, including #1
Dodgers have 7
Guardians have 7
White Sox have..................... 2 :doh:

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's MLB's Top 100 Prospects:

Orioles have 8, including #1
Dodgers have 7
Guardians have 7
White Sox have..................... 2 :doh:

That's because all of ours are on the field while we experience all these massive win gains. MLB tremblin' baby.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Jiménez aims to reclaim OF role over DH slot"​

is eloy really too stupid to know he's a liability and a continuing injury risk? i have a big dislike for players (or anyone for that matter) who don't know themselves. i predict he will leave the sox asap thinking someone else will let him fuck up their outfield (or the sox will trade him because of it).

Last edited:

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think that grade is fair. After all, we signed Benintendi
F+
Speaking of Benintendi, after I saw The Athletic’s grades that I then posted, I had to think hard about who the Sox even brought in. Forgot about the team’s historic marquee signing!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Benintendi, after I saw The Athletic’s grades that I then posted, I had to think hard about who the Sox even brought in. Forgot about the team’s historic marquee signing!
if it's based on +'s and -"s who did the sox lose vs who they gained. injuries etc don't count. is benintendi anywhere near abreu? throw andrus and pollock in that loss column as well.

Last edited:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion Grifol brings the grade up - if he survives the front office follies.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...We just signed a guy to the largest contract in team history...It was the definition of a "meh" signing...and our offseason got graded an F by a reputable source. I just can't anymore...The ridiculousness is so exaggerated that I want to believe it's not real.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion Grifol brings the grade up - if he survives the front office follies.
well, on paper, to me, it looks like a hall of fame manager has been replaced by someone with no experience as a manager.
no, until proven, grifol doesn't bring the grade up.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, on paper, to me, it looks like a hall of fame manager has been replaced by someone with no experience as a manager.
no, until proven, grifol doesn't bring the grade up.

Just give my man a D-...He's doing the extra credit nobody else wants to do...