• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The top 15 OOC games for 2019

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked through all the OOC schedules for this upcoming season, and wanted to put together a list of the top 15 OOC games. The list wasn't easy, not because of the amount of good games, but because there's a lack of good OOC games this season.

Some games that just missed my list: Boise State vs. Florida State, Oklahoma at UCLA, Arizona State at Michigan State, TCU at Purdue, Northwestern at Stanford.

My top 15:

15. Minnesota at Fresno State
14. Utah State at LSU
13. Clemson at South Carolina
12. Cincinnati at Ohio State
11. Notre Dame at Stanford
10. Virginia at Notre Dame
9. Stanford at UCF
8. Iowa at Iowa State
7. Army at Michigan
6. Miami vs. Florida
5. Oregon vs. Auburn
4. Texas A&M at Clemson
3. LSU at Texas
2. Notre Dame at Michigan
1. Notre Dame at Georgia

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota at Fresno State? Really?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota at Fresno State? Really?

There are certainly games with bigger brands involved, Boise/FSU, OU/UCLA, ASU/Michigan State, but Fresno was a top 20 team last season, and Minnesota returns 15 starters. Plus after the top 14 games, the next game wasn't going to be all that great either IMO.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was told Pitt has a top 10 OOC schedule. Why aren’t any of their games on this list?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was told Pitt has a top 10 OOC schedule. Why aren’t any of their games on this list?

They aren't projected to be all that great, and both of their better OOC games are rematches from last season. Takes a little luster off of those games. Plus PSU and UCF hammered them last year.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was told that Washington @ BYU was OOC gold. What gives?

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the PAC-12 only appears on this list three times while the supposed "pussy" ACC is on it four times and the also supposed "pussy" SEC is on it seven times. Again, what gives?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the PAC-12 only appears on this list three times while the supposed "pussy" ACC is on it four times and the also supposed "pussy" SEC is on it seven times. Again, what gives?

Washington is chicken shit.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN has three of the four toughest OOC schedules involving PAC 12 teams with Duke the only outsider coming in at #2 after they get to get their balls kicked in by Bama and ND. Stanford comes in at #1 on the list with their three games versus Northwestern, UCF, and ND.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked through all the OOC schedules for this upcoming season, and wanted to put together a list of the top 15 OOC games. The list wasn't easy, not because of the amount of good games, but because there's a lack of good OOC games this season.

Some games that just missed my list: Boise State vs. Florida State, Oklahoma at UCLA, Arizona State at Michigan State, TCU at Purdue, Northwestern at Stanford.

My top 15:

14. Utah State at LSU
9. Stanford at UCF
8. Iowa at Iowa State
7. Army at Michigan
6. Miami vs. Florida
5. Oregon vs. Auburn
4. Texas A&M at Clemson
3. LSU at Texas
1. Notre Dame at Georgia
The Michigan ND has some extra interest this year because it's played in October. So both teams could be pretty established by then and if all goes well, ranked. Wouldn't be shocked if that's a night game as well.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My top 15:

14. Utah State at LSU
9. Stanford at UCF
8. Iowa at Iowa State
7. Army at Michigan
6. Miami vs. Florida

5. Oregon vs. Auburn
4. Texas A&M at Clemson
3. LSU at Texas

1. Notre Dame at Georgia
Bold = too high
Underline= too low
Bold + Underline= WAYYYY too high

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Michigan ND has some extra interest this year because it's played in October. So both teams could be pretty established by then and if all goes well, ranked. Wouldn't be shocked if that's a night game as well.

My guess is that'll be a night game.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold = too high
Underline= too low
Bold + Underline= WAYYYY too high

You don't think ND/UGA is the #1 game? Also, UVA/ND is property rated IMO. Which game would you move ahead of that outside of the game you underlined?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think ND/UGA is the #1 game? Also, UVA/ND is property rated IMO. Which game would you move ahead of that outside of the game you underlined?
I'd put A&M/Clemson at #1. It was a classic last year, and while Clemson is the no-doubt #1 team in the nation, A&M finished strong and I think is poised to be an early season top 10 team. I think it's going to be a hell of a game.

I'd put LSU/Texas ahead of ND/UGA as well, just for the fact that we're going to see an early matchup of 2 teams that are very possibly going to be in the playoff hunt. We saw Texas beat UGA in their bowl, so we get to see if that was maybe a fluke or if they're the real deal.

UVA/ND is just not appealing to anyone outside of those two fanbases. UVA really wasn't an impressive team last year, going 8-5 despite facing a schedule that didn't feature a single ranked team by the end of the year. I'd easily put Clemson/SC ahead of them simply because it's a rivalry game, and I'd put OSU/Cincy ahead of it because it's an in-state game that will also likely be two top 25 teams. OSU is going to be ranked higher than ND, and Cincy will likely be ranked higher than UVA.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put A&M/Clemson at #1. It was a classic last year, and while Clemson is the no-doubt #1 team in the nation, A&M finished strong and I think is poised to be an early season top 10 team. I think it's going to be a hell of a game.

I'd put LSU/Texas ahead of ND/UGA as well, just for the fact that we're going to see an early matchup of 2 teams that are very possibly going to be in the playoff hunt. We saw Texas beat UGA in their bowl, so we get to see if that was maybe a fluke or if they're the real deal.

UVA/ND is just not appealing to anyone outside of those two fanbases. UVA really wasn't an impressive team last year, going 8-5 despite facing a schedule that didn't feature a single ranked team by the end of the year. I'd easily put Clemson/SC ahead of them simply because it's a rivalry game, and I'd put OSU/Cincy ahead of it because it's an in-state game that will also likely be two top 25 teams. OSU is going to be ranked higher than ND, and Cincy will likely be ranked higher than UVA.

You don't think UGA or ND will be in playoff contention? Both teams are preseason top 10 teams. ND/UGA is such a big game CBS decided to pick that game as it's primetime game for the season bumping LSU/Bama from that slot later in the year.

As for UVA/ND I saw UVA in some preseason top 25 polls. It's certainly not a great game, but nobody outside Ohio cares about OSU/Cincy and nobody outside South Carolina will care about Clemson/South Carolina, unless South Carolina puts together a nice season.