• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Time Has Come to Vote - Malik or Oz?

You Can Only Keep One - Your Choice

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina is pretty tight against the Cap with needing to re-sign Josh Norman. I doubt they go after any other high priced guys.

I'm going to call it right now in that Nick Fairley is a Bronco by the end of week 1 of Free Agency.

I hope so .. he is disruptive for sure but I think this will be a Draft thing with a older type for a $2 mill type a contract

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly don't have the emotion that most of Bronco fans have in this discussion. From my cheap seat, I would have to say keep Oz. Trying to find a QB veteran or rookie is a crap shoot at best. Oz knows the system, Kubiak knows how far to let out the leash.

No question that Malik is a hell of a defensive player, but I don't think losing him will cripple the Broncos as much as losing Oz.

As a Patriots fan.........let Oz go. Maybe the Pats can sign him to back up Brady?????

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So been reading a lot more on the RGIII situation. I don't think his having 2 different coaching staffs dislike him is quite true. In fact Shanahan since he left Washington has been for the most part complimentary of RGIII but more wanting him to get out of the influence of Snyder. He said that after the first season Snyder came and talked to Shanahan of what he wanted RGIII to become but told him that what Snyder was wanting didn't fit the skill set of RGIII. A month later Shanahan went to meet with RGIII and almost word for word RGIII said the same thing as Snyder. I guess then Shanahan and Snyder had it out and well that was the beginning of the end of Shanahan in Washington.

I also know that Gruden has actually been impressed with how RGIII has handled his benching. Again not saying this guy is our best option but he definitely has to be an option. Behind Osweiler I'm not sure there is another guy that can come in and start and have us expect to succeed at a high level on offense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly don't have the emotion that most of Bronco fans have in this discussion. From my cheap seat, I would have to say keep Oz. Trying to find a QB veteran or rookie is a crap shoot at best. Oz knows the system, Kubiak knows how far to let out the leash.

No question that Malik is a hell of a defensive player, but I don't think losing him will cripple the Broncos as much as losing Oz.

As a Patriots fan.........let Oz go. Maybe the Pats can sign him to back up Brady?????

Really I think most of us are in agreement that the Broncos need to keep Oz. Like you said he is the veteran that knows our system, knows the players/coaches, and has shown some decent potential in his opportunities. The problem though boils down to just how much are you willing to pay a player with 7 starts under his belt? We are in a league where teams can get really stupid real quick especially when it comes to the QB position. It is why so many mediocre QB's are making $20 million a year and continue to not be able to surround a mediocre player with the talent needed to succeed. I look at Jay Cutler as the perfect example in he can lead a team to 8-8 mediocrity with the best of them. Never quite in that position to truly draft that franchise QB but just good enough that maybe just a couple of missing pieces could get them over the top to then once again return to 8-8 the next season.

So how much should the Broncos be willing to go up to with Brock when they know so little about him in an actual game?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina is pretty tight against the Cap with needing to re-sign Josh Norman. I doubt they go after any other high priced guys.

I'm going to call it right now in that Nick Fairley is a Bronco by the end of week 1 of Free Agency.

That's an interesting thought. Seems to me that he's been less productive in the league than he figured to be coming out of Auburn. Part of that is probably due to having missed quite a few games. I always thought of him as a prototypical penetrating DT in a 4-3. Of course that doesn't mean that he couldn't an effective 3-4 DE.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so .. he is disruptive for sure but I think this will be a Draft thing with a older type for a $2 mill type a contract

Well Fairley did sign for $5 million this past season with the Rams. I don't think he would cost much more than that and he is a guy that has shown great promise. I think under Kollar he could become quite the star if he can have a decent work ethic which has been one of his bigger issues. Then throw in using a draft pick to add to the rotation and I think our DL could just keep on clicking.

As for an older guy maybe Jason Jones of the Lions. He did end up with 4.5 sacks from the DE spot. Not quite the ideal size but as a rotational piece could be good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an interesting thought. Seems to me that he's been less productive in the league than he figured to be coming out of Auburn. Part of that is probably due to having missed quite a few games. I always thought of him as a prototypical penetrating DT in a 4-3. Of course that doesn't mean that he couldn't an effective 3-4 DE.

Really with our 1-gap 3-4 aggressive style defense I think he would fit quite well. You are right health is also a concern with him. He did go on IR this past year and throughout his career has had some nagging injuries. It is why I would want to draft somebody in probably the 1st 3 rounds of the draft to help rotate with him. When he has been healthy though he has been quite the force.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So been reading a lot more on the RGIII situation. I don't think his having 2 different coaching staffs dislike him is quite true. In fact Shanahan since he left Washington has been for the most part complimentary of RGIII but more wanting him to get out of the influence of Snyder. He said that after the first season Snyder came and talked to Shanahan of what he wanted RGIII to become but told him that what Snyder was wanting didn't fit the skill set of RGIII. A month later Shanahan went to meet with RGIII and almost word for word RGIII said the same thing as Snyder. I guess then Shanahan and Snyder had it out and well that was the beginning of the end of Shanahan in Washington.

I also know that Gruden has actually been impressed with how RGIII has handled his benching. Again not saying this guy is our best option but he definitely has to be an option. Behind Osweiler I'm not sure there is another guy that can come in and start and have us expect to succeed at a high level on offense.

Thanks that made me feel better if we did pick him up ... still not a fan but I guess I will not pass judgment as much due to the fraise shit happens and like you said we all can get caught up in things that don't work out ...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point, I think, about how Snyder butting in probably hurt Griffin. I think the negative effects of that also carried over to when Gruden got the job in Washington. Certainly wouldn't have the circus-like atmosphere in Denver that there is there. Griffin getting back to the level of effectiveness he showed a rookie is far from certain, but like I posted yesterday, I think that playing for Kubiak and Elway probably gives him about his best shot.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - I know what you mean when you call Oz a "veteran" But, for a guy who has only started 7 games - that is a lousy sampling to extrapolate a hypothesis of success.

I want Oz back - I like the guy - I think he has a capacity to get better, but if the coaches and front office don't offer him the money he wants - I won't find that alarming - the coaches know what is available.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently Cd you haven't been listening to Mingo. He said " virtually " anybody could come in and do as well as Peyton or better. Why don't we just let Oz walk and start Siemian ?. Problem solved. Sign Malik and Trev and go get us another SB boys! :)

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are now coming out that the Broncos will probably not reach a deal with Von Miller by the time the franchise tag deadline hits. So, assuming the Broncos are going to have to use the tag on Von, it's no longer available to lock up Malik Jackson for another year. I continue to think Malik walks in free agency, as the Broncos realize that they have to have a QB that they can count on in 2016 and beyond. It sucks to lose Malik but the draft looks to be deep with D-linemen.