• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Time Has Come to Vote - Malik or Oz?

You Can Only Keep One - Your Choice

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had a lot of discussion about which of the two to keep if we can only afford one. Would you sign Malik or Oz?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it really does come down to one or the other, keep Osweiler and wish Jackson the best on his new team. The league is starved for QBs right now and we at least know we can get a serviceable performance from Oz. Especially in his first full off season program as the #1. This is a deep draft at DT/DE and the Broncos actually have some depth on the roster behind Jackson. I like the guy and hate to say anyone is replaceable but the Broncos can more readily find Jackson's replacement than an NFL caliber QB to lead the offense.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I would favor letting Jackson go if it were between him and Oz, simply because I don't see many opportunities to get a starting QB who I feel very good about. At the same time, we know that Malik is a very good player. Not near the body of evidence about how good a player Oz is. .

cdumler wrote yesterday that the choice Elway faces is likely deciding which two to keep out of Oz, Jackson, and Ware. In that case I think I'd be inclined to let Ware go, since I think that Barret and/or Ray are pretty good bets to fill in for him.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally say Oz without a doubt. He showed me enough this year to feel good going into next season with him as the starter. He's got good leadership qualities, he's tough in the pocket and can make every throw on the field, and showed some good football IQ when he got his chance this year. Jackson seems like a very promising young DE, but we've spent too much time and effort grooming Oz over the past 4 years to let him go now. To me it's a no brainer, especially with how deep we are on the defensive side of the ball.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, where's the "keep both" choice? I know that's a very slim possibility but maybe Elway can pull a rabbit out of his hat!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it really does come down to one or the other, keep Osweiler and wish Jackson the best on his new team. The league is starved for QBs right now and we at least know we can get a serviceable performance from Oz. Especially in his first full off season program as the #1. This is a deep draft at DT/DE and the Broncos actually have some depth on the roster behind Jackson. I like the guy and hate to say anyone is replaceable but the Broncos can more readily find Jackson's replacement than an NFL caliber QB to lead the offense.
This^ pretty much sums it up for probably 99 per cent of Broncos Nation. No brainer.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geo- How would you like it if we made you vote for who was your favorite child?

Not fair!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oz would be my choice. What Denver did with it's putrid offense/ dominate defense is extraordinary and I doubt can be replicated. The offense needs to improve more than the defense will regress plus it eliminate the greatest hole on any team searching/drafting the next QB

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oz of coarse .. I just see him as not a finished product .. he is still a greenhorn

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Malik. He is the established star player - any game manager can win with this Broncos Defense - even Alex Smith.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malik Jackson was a cog in a great defense, and is replaceable - will there be a drop off ?? .. Maybe, maybe not but even so, not enough to warrant sacrificing other, more pressing positions of need ..

Oz was on a island in that offense .. He audibled the game winning play vs the Pats, which, as it truns out, was one of he biggest, and most important plays of the season ..

DO WE GO TO THE SUPER BOWL IF THE AFC TITLE GAME IS IN FOXBORO ??

Thank you Brock Osweiler

If we don't keep Oz, who is the Bronco QB ??

No brainer

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why break up a Dline that can dominate for three years or more playing together.

First - I dispute the notion that it is either Oz or Jackson - there will be a pile of money to add to the Salary Cap this year - not yet counted, but what anyone can count - is that the only TV advertising that people actually watch is live sports - and especially live football. The Pie is getting bigger - back in LA too.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might sound nuts - and it probably is - but depending on the position, I think turnover is a necessary evil in keeping the success rolling

There are certainly specific players that need to be retained - Von Miller being one of them ... But I don't see paying Malik Jackson the salary he will command .. Especially when we have a coaching staff that can develop young talent and put their strengths to use ..

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why break up a Dline that can dominate for three years or more playing together.

First - I dispute the notion that it is either Oz or Jackson - there will be a pile of money to add to the Salary Cap this year - not yet counted, but what anyone can count - is that the only TV advertising that people actually watch is live sports - and especially live football. The Pie is getting bigger - back in LA too.

Maybe not a decision of Malik or Oz, but how about, for example, Malik or Joe Thomas ?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might sound nuts - and it probably is - but depending on the position, I think turnover is a necessary evil in keeping the success rolling

There are certainly specific players that need to be retained - Von Miller being one of them ... But I don't see paying Malik Jackson the salary he will command .. Especially when we have a coaching staff that can develop young talent and put their strengths to use ..

That's a good point. I know that I tend to get too attached to players. Not something that a good front office should do. Still, I am a big fan of 97.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted Malik we are going to start a 3rd string QB this year. We will mix in the wild mustang instead of wildcat too.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly! You need to establish that conveyor belt of talent that renews the talent. Pittsburgh did this for a LONG time with their linebackers. They let high priced talent go elsewhere knowing they had guys waiting to successfully take over.