• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The team most likely to take down UK

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can pick any team in the country. The point was who has the most proper personel to attack UK's weakness.
The Wisconsin Badgers are a physical team and would be able to handle Kentucky.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is going to happen until March. No team in the SEC can stay with that bunch. They are simply tooooo big and too physical.

That and the fact the SEC is the worst conference in the country. Several teams other than UK would run the table in the SEC. UK is a monster, though, they just might go undefeated regardless.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVa is a beast. I think they play Louisville in a week or so, right? Can't wait

Nah, unfortunately we don't get a crack at Loserville until Feb 7, and then we go to their place on March 7.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, best chance is Virginia or Texas

I think Duke has a legit chance simply due to talent and let's face it... K. Virginia is another team, like Louisville, who plays excellent defense but to that note, I think the biggest problem most teams are going to face is what we witnessed on Saturday. UK can find a way to put the ball in the basket a number of ways while being able to maintain a high level of defensive intensity due their greater depth.

At the end of the day, If or when UK goes down, I believe it will be because of their focus on a particular opponent such as Columbia. Having said that, there are teams who could absolutely beat UK on a given night (Zona, Gonzaga, Texas at full stretgh and again, Virginia).

Obviously as a UK fan, I would love to see these kids make history by going 40 - 0 and winning a National Championship but ultimately, I don't care if they lose 10 games as long as they win that 9th National Title.

GO CATS!

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wisconsin Badgers are a physical team and would be able to handle Kentucky.

Really don't see Kaminski and Decker doing much inside against Kentucky. That said, Decker might do some damage from 3 point land as he does have that shot. I liked Wisconsin better last year.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't see Kaminski and Decker doing much inside against Kentucky. That said, Decker might do some damage from 3 point land as he does have that shot. I liked Wisconsin better last year.

I gotta be honest here... I'm not a fan of Wisconsin at all. I realize they have some good players but I don't think they're good enough, deep enough, or frankly tough enough to make another run this year. UK beat them last year with out WCS manning the middle so with him healthy and the addition of Towns, I would take UK 10 out of 10 times against Wisconsin. Just my opinion.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the teams others have mentioned on this thread, there are only two I feel like I've seen enough to form my own opinion, as opposed to just going off what other people say.

Two teams I really don't want to be matched up against are Texas, again, and Zaga. At full strength, I think Texas could take the Cats. Zaga has a player who can drain the 3, seemingly at will when he gets on fire, and that's former Kentucky Wildcat Kyle Wiltjer. I wish him nothing but well, and cheer for his success, I just don't want it to come on the floor against the Cats.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe douggies boys jonvi...IMO Duke seems likely to match up against UK better than just about anyone else. Other choices...maybe Wisky or Zona....

But since UK did win I guess it's time to celebrate with a beer...

Hey cali...good to see you again

I'm with ya on Wisconson. Their size might be an issue

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think any of Duke, Arizona, Wisconsin, Texas, or Gonzaga would have a good shot.

From a homer perspective: I think Wisconsin matches up really well with UK. Size we can handle, it's the quick guards like Ulis and Tyus Jones that give us fits. I think we give them as good of a game as any of the 5 listed above.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, after watching the Duke-Toledo game, I don't think there's a chance in Hell Duke could beat UK. Toledo was getting any shot they wanted. Duke won the game, but it was less than impressive

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, after watching the Duke-Toledo game, I don't think there's a chance in Hell Duke could beat UK. Toledo was getting any shot they wanted. Duke won the game, but it was less than impressive

Couldn't you say the same about UK's performance against Columbia? Both are great college teams, but they're still college teams, and they'll have off nights. But after watching Duke play Wisconsin, there is absolutely no doubt they can play with, and beat, any team in the country.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone touches them at home or a neutral court. I was going to say at Arkansas but apparently they don't play there this yr

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't you say the same about UK's performance against Columbia? Both are great college teams, but they're still college teams, and they'll have off nights. But after watching Duke play Wisconsin, there is absolutely no doubt they can play with, and beat, any team in the country.

That's a fair point, but their offense is way ahead of their D. They are much smaller and less physical, and their D isn't close. They are fantastic at flopping though lol. No doubt they are good, but I would be much more worried about Virginia or Texas than the Dookies matchup wise

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK's length is just excellent. I think it will take a good night shooting to beat them. From that perspective I think Duke offers up the best chance to beat them. Duke has so many weapons from 3(Cook, Jones, Sulaimon, Jones and Allen) and while they don't have the depth of UK's frontcourt, they do have the best offensive center in college basketball and at 6'11 he can be disruptive on defense if he wants to be.

I also think UVA has a decent chance with their defense. The game would probably be in the upper 40's, but I think they could keep it close, and with some timely jump shots could pull the upset.

I found it interesting that along with Kentucky, UVA is favored in the rest of their games at this point.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found it interesting that along with Kentucky, UVA is favored in the rest of their games at this point.

Yeah, I was listening to the CBS podcast yesterday and they were talking about that. Considering UVA's schedule, I have a feeling the percentages are a lot tighter for UVA.

Definitely a lot of quality teams out there right now. March should be fun.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was listening to the CBS podcast yesterday and they were talking about that. Considering UVA's schedule, I have a feeling the percentages are a lot tighter for UVA.

Definitely a lot of quality teams out there right now. March should be fun.

Yeah, that's where I heard it too. Surprised at this point they would be favored over Louisville on the road. I think UVA is really good this year, that defense is excellent. Only giving up on average just over 46 ppg. 3 top 50 wins as well, including 2 on the road.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's where I heard it too. Surprised at this point they would be favored over Louisville on the road. I think UVA is really good this year, that defense is excellent. Only giving up on average just over 46 ppg. 3 top 50 wins as well, including 2 on the road.

Unless things shake up before now and then, I suspect that Vegas will have UofL favored at home in that game.

The other thing that surprised me was looking at Sagarin (since I don't have a subscription to the Great basketball Oracle of KenPom) UK's record vs Top 25 & 50. not so much that they are undefeated in those games... that's pretty obvious.

What surprised me was UK is 4-0 vs the top 25 on Sagarin and the only other team in the top 100 to even play 4 games against the top 25 is UCLA and they're 0-4. Same for top 50 games. UK is 6-0 and the only other top 100 team to even play 6 games vs the top 50 is Charlotte and they went 1-5. So not only is UK's record better than nearly everyone's it's against better competition too.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK's length is just excellent. I think it will take a good night shooting to beat them. From that perspective I think Duke offers up the best chance to beat them. Duke has so many weapons from 3(Cook, Jones, Sulaimon, Jones and Allen) and while they don't have the depth of UK's frontcourt, they do have the best offensive center in college basketball and at 6'11 he can be disruptive on defense if he wants to be.

I also think UVA has a decent chance with their defense. The game would probably be in the upper 40's, but I think they could keep it close, and with some timely jump shots could pull the upset.

UVA is the type of team that could give Kentucky problems.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless things shake up before now and then, I suspect that Vegas will have UofL favored at home in that game.

The other thing that surprised me was looking at Sagarin (since I don't have a subscription to the Great basketball Oracle of KenPom) UK's record vs Top 25 & 50. not so much that they are undefeated in those games... that's pretty obvious.

What surprised me was UK is 4-0 vs the top 25 on Sagarin and the only other team in the top 100 to even play 4 games against the top 25 is UCLA and they're 0-4. Same for top 50 games. UK is 6-0 and the only other top 100 team to even play 6 games vs the top 50 is Charlotte and they went 1-5. So not only is UK's record better than nearly everyone's it's against better competition too.

Yeah, it cracks me up to hear about UK's cupcake schedule. They can't just switch conferences when it's perceived as down, and they play as many tough non conference games as anyone in the country, especially since not everyone is interested in playing them

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then you are the only person in the country with that opinion. Your position is straight-up indefensible. They lost one contributor and gained improvement pretty much across the board, especially considering Hayes, Koenig, Dukan and Brown, who are vastly superior to last year. This team has far more depth than last year's, you cannot even argue this fact; and the stars are better as well. It's the whole Wisconsin/Bo Ryan system - player development. Jumps year-to-year. 3 stars become all-Big 10. Etc.