• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SportsHoopla QB Rankings, Pt. 1

Who is the NFL's best quarterback?

• Peyton Manning

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Aaron Rodgers

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • Tom Brady

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Drew Brees

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Specify Below)

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true. In fact, you repeating it is doing nothing but highlighting your ignorance on the subject. For a couple good stretches throughout the year, the interior protection was as bad as I've ever seen for a Seahawks line, and that it is saying something. They were blown the fuck up on a regular basis.

The Hawk line is good when they are healthy and clicking, but they weren't healthy and clicking for 90% of the year. The tape shows it, and it also shows Wilson bailing them out..... A lot.

There is a reason why McQuistan and Giacomini weren't kept on the team. Neither of them can pass block worth a piss. Run block sure, but passing isn't a strength of either one. Hell McQuistan really can't run block that well either.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it being true is why I keep saying it. Wilson is identical to Big Ben in that regard. His line gets blamed for his tendency to hold the ball.

It's not necessarily a terrible thing, because he can make it work, but it isn't the fault of the line. It's part of his package.

Then prove it. You won't and you can't. Find an article or film to support your claim.

I won't hold my breath here.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then prove it. You won't and you can't. Find an article or film to support your claim.

I won't hold my breath here.

I don't have access to the film now. I doubt you do either. Asking me to do something you can't do yourself is absurd.

The reality of the situation is exactly as I stated it. Wilson puts more stress on his line than nearly any QB in the league.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have access to the film now. I doubt you do either. Asking me to do something you can't do yourself is absurd.

The reality of the situation is exactly as I stated it. Wilson puts more stress on his line than nearly any QB in the league.

So you want to put it on others to refute with proof your outrageous claims?

I'm rapidly beginning to think those who say your shtick up here is a total trolling act just might be correct.

If you want to make an outrageous claim the burden of proof is on you, not anyone else, just YOU. There are hundreds of plays available from youtube to gifs showing plays from all over that season. Go find some that prove your assertion. It isn't that complicated. Find an article from someone criticizing Wilson for breaking up so many plays. If you are so correct then surely there are several articles discussing it by those who know football.

YOU CAN'T AND YOU WON'T.

I'm calling you out to support your claims. Prove us wrong.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THE FILM IS NOT AVAILABLE TO EITHER OF US WITHOUT A SIGNIFICANT INVESTMENT.

How complicated is that?

You expect me to go through countless terrible and badly edited youtube clips to teach someone who doesn't understand football about the game? I have better shit to do. :L

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You expect me to go through countless terrible and badly edited youtube clips to teach someone who doesn't understand football about the game? I have better shit to do. :L
Yes you do. Trolling this board with outlandish and unprovable claims is a full time job for you isn't it?

Just google their line and see what comes up. How complicated is that?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THE FILM IS NOT AVAILABLE TO EITHER OF US WITHOUT A SIGNIFICANT INVESTMENT.

How complicated is that?

Maybe you should watch the games before talking about them.

Im sure you dont download illegally. But if you did you could watch entire tv broadcasts for free. Then you could really school us on how good that Seahawks line was last year.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing there meets the standard you're trying to hold me to.

I don't give a fuck enough to do the extensive film search required to teach you football, especially when on multiple past occasions you have ignored indisputable proof to pretend you were still right. You aren't worth the time.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should watch the games before talking about them.

Im sure you dont download illegally. But if you did you could watch entire tv broadcasts for free. Then you could really school us on how good that Seahawks line was last year.

I did watch them. They simply aren't available now.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing there meets the standard you're trying to hold me to.

I don't give a fuck enough to do the extensive film search required to teach you football, especially when on multiple past occasions you have ignored indisputable proof to pretend you were still right. You aren't worth the time.

In other words, once again you refuse to support your claims.

You haven't once given any proof of anything that wasn't responded to. Just another baseless and outlandish claim of yours. You are becoming quite known for those on this site aren't you.

When you learn something about football maybe come back here, until then you have a lot to learn. This probably isn't the place for you.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did watch them. They simply aren't available now.

Dude, seriously... If you watched the Hawks on any kind of consistant basis last year you would not call that line even average throughout. And you certainly wouldnt be questioning anyones football knowledge for suggesting otherwise.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The film is not available. Period.

Therefore, nothing I post will meet your standard, which for the record, you have never once met yourself.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The film is not available. Period.

Therefore, nothing I post will meet your standard, which for the record, you have never once met yourself.

If I make outlandish claims of fact and am called out on it I support it. Every single time. You can't find an example on this site where I didn't. There is a huge difference between someone not agreeing with an opinion such as you maybe saying Brady is better than Wilson and making blanket statements of fact about players or position groups. The former isn't provable as it is an opinion and the latter requires you be able to back it up or shut up.

It seems clear you are unable to do either. :laugh3:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are identical.

It is not possible to provide the film without having the film, and you have made it clear that nothing less is acceptable.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are identical.

It is not possible to provide the film without having the film, and you have made it clear that nothing less is acceptable.

No, I said several times now find an article supporting your claim. If that line was as solid as you portray them and Wilson is entirely responsible for every blown play because he holds on the ball too long it shouldn't be hard for you to prove it.

Hell, I can think of a couple of articles by idiots off the top of my head that would actually support your claims. Now they have been refuted and I'd have put up links to rebuttals of it, but there have been a few detractors looking for reasons to dump on Wilson this last season. They are out there if you simply look.

You instead make blanket claims and refuse to man up and do anything to support it.

We have wasted enough time on this thread talking about someone who doesn't deserve to be discussed as the top QB in the league at this time. I've been clear in saying Wilson is young and has a lot of room for growth and really isn't top 3 caliber at this time. Unlike you, I can put my own homer views aside and give an honest opinion on the topic.

Given your failure to nut up and prove your rhetoric I'll simply trust the average reader to view your nonsense accordingly. Continuing to try to get you to man up simply isn't worth the effort.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are identical.

No, nothing less than fact is acceptable. Those are on the tape/broadcasts. I watched them the first time, so I dont need to make shit up.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we are 10 pages into this debate and I find it interesting that so many people claim Wilson isn't a top 5 QB and Drew Brees is, yet there isn't even one vote (out of 45 currently) for Brees.

All I know is that I wouldn't trade Wilson for Brees, Manning, Ben, or Brady for the upcoming season. Maybe I'd consider Rodgers but that's it. Speed, accuracy, preparation, leadership, smarts, skill, scrambling, long ball, short ball. I think Wilson matches up with all these guys in every category and might even be superior in quite a few of them. Tell me where I'm wrong. I know Wilson didn't have big passing yards, but that is about his only knock.

I fully admit to being a homer, but give me Wilson every day.