• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SportsHoopla QB Rankings, Pt. 1

Who is the NFL's best quarterback?

• Peyton Manning

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Aaron Rodgers

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • Tom Brady

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Drew Brees

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Specify Below)

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offseason I am intending on doing an ongoing poll rankings of all the expected starting QBs. You don't need to be in it for the long haul, just vote when you can. The offseason is long and I will space it out. There will come a time where it doesn't matter so I will group, but we'll go as far as we can.

Here are the parameters:

Who is the best QB in the league? Who is the second best? And so on. A poll is coming, so wait for that but feel fee to comment.

Age can matter as far as current abilities and experience, etc. However, this is just for this coming year. Imagine that this year is the last year or the NFL or that everyone can only be signed to a one-year contract. The purpose is so that we can eliminate the likelihood of someone believing that Peyton Manning is better than so and so, but so and so is younger and can offer more years. If younger means better, sure. Otherwise, it's irrelevant.

Second, assume that each QB is in the optimal system with an equal level of talent around them and coaching (not necessarily optimal surrounding cast, just equal for everyone). If current QB of a team does not fit in their current system, imagine them in the right system.

I picked the traditional choices this time. This is the easiest and is a 2-3 man race, IMO, but will include more. I will add recent SB winners or runner-ups soon to follow (even if not traditionally that high ranked) and then others traditionally around the next spot. Once the poll ends, they'll be removed from the next poll. I will add the drafted QBs who are expected to start after the draft. Yes, that means they can't be voted to be Top Ten now.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson has maintained a RAT above 100 since entering the league and won the Superbowl. He tore the Broncos defense multiple new orifices. The entire Bronco D is still walking bowlegged this off season after what RW did to them. It was the football equivalent of a snuff flick.

This poll is useless without his name on it.

But if I had to choose from just those names, Aaron Rodgers.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson has maintained a RAT above 100 since entering the league and won the Superbowl. He tore the Broncos defense multiple new orifices. The entire Bronco D is still walking bowlegged this off season after what RW did to them. It was the football equivalent of a snuff flick.

I was going to add him to the next poll and then add Eli the next (two rings), and Flacco next because he won (not expecting anyone to vote for him), and then Kaepernick because he got there, and the open it up more (Stafford, Ryan, etc.).

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Delusions of grandeur. He asked for the best, not the QB with the best team. I'm not going to dignify this any further but wanted to make my opinion known. Aaron Rodgers is the best right now, IMO.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what the "others" option is for..........

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady. Peyton is my favorite, but I prefer the quarterback with better consistency in the regular and postseason. Every season, regardless of his talent pool, he delivers the goods.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delusions of grandeur. He asked for the best, not the QB with the best team. I'm not going to dignify this any further but wanted to make my opinion known. Aaron Rodgers is the best right now, IMO.

Russell Wilson is a terrific quarterback and played extremely well for the Seahawks for the last two seasons. But the Seahawks defense was the REASON for the Super Bowl blow-out, as well as Percy Harvin.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady,Manning and Rodgers

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really Brady, Manning, and Rodgers are all top flight and it's easy to squabble between which one you like most. Still, it's those 3 in whatever order you want and then everyone else.

Regent, we all love Wilson, but he just isn't THE best QB in the league right now. Top 5? Sure. An argument could be made for that, but best? No way.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a better poll would be to have everyone list their top 5.

#1 = 5 pts
#2 = 4 pts
#3 = 3 pts

and so on

Look at everyone's list, compile the points and determine who are the consensus top 5.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a better poll would be to have everyone list their top 5.

#1 = 5 pts
#2 = 4 pts
#3 = 3 pts

and so on

Look at everyone's list, compile the points and determine who are the consensus top 5.

I wanted an option that you could put a number by each quarterback. I would have chosen the standard 12 best, as that's the maximum number of options allowed. I could have had multiple choice allowed and given 12 options and said who are your top five and then it would eventually get down to one to four ranked more than everybody else. But the poll didn't have that. I didn't know how much participation I would get, otherwise I would've done what you said. This seemed like the simplest thing because people could just press a button. Plus, the offseason is long.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Manning
#5 is a tough one for me, presently unsure.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer pick or not, I still wouldn't trade Wilson for any other QB in the NFL today. I think he can make every throw any of the listed QB's can plus he's the most mobile of the bunch. Give me Wilson every day of the week. If that makes me a homer I can live with that.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Rodgers
2. Manning
3. Wilson
4. Brady
5. Brees

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some hilarious people in this topic.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some hilarious people in this topic.

Good to see your keeping sense of humor, seeing how Brady is sucking hind titty in the poll.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are fickle and Brady spent the year developing rookie WR.

When he lights it back up this year everyone will pretend they knew it all along.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Brady
2. Manning

I think this is close, but Brady gets the edge cause of his rings....