• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SportsHoopla QB Rankings, Pt. 1

Who is the NFL's best quarterback?

• Peyton Manning

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Aaron Rodgers

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • Tom Brady

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Drew Brees

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Specify Below)

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Brady
2. Manning

I think this is close, but Brady gets the edge cause of his rings....

I think most posters are viewing this as who is the best now. Brady and Manning have a fine history , but their best years are behind them. Rogers is clearly the best as of today.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are much better than Rodgers, next year. Rodgers is solid, but he's not in Brady and manning's class. He never has been.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are much better than Rodgers, next year. Rodgers is solid, but he's not in Brady and manning's class. He never has been.

Sorry to say but both Brady and Manning are old dogs , their best days in the the NFl are behind them and Rogers is the next great QB. Watch the next season and you'll end up agreeing with me.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to say but both Brady and Manning are old dogs , their best days in the the NFl are behind them and Rogers is the next great QB. Watch the next season and you'll end up agreeing with me.

Sorry to say but hopefully Rodgers can stay healthy and not miss games. He might be the next great in a few years, but still Brady and Manning for a few more years. Brady has already thrown for over 5000 yards and old dog Manning set the record this year with nearly 5600 yards. Ruff ruff

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rodgers will never be a great. He's good, but his prime isn't better than even a declining Peyton or Brady.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offseason I am intending on doing an ongoing poll rankings of all the expected starting QBs. You don't need to be in it for the long haul, just vote when you can. The offseason is long and I will space it out. There will come a time where it doesn't matter so I will group, but we'll go as far as we can.

Here are the parameters:

Who is the best QB in the league? Who is the second best? And so on. A poll is coming, so wait for that but feel fee to comment.

Age can matter as far as current abilities and experience, etc. However, this is just for this coming year. Imagine that this year is the last year or the NFL or that everyone can only be signed to a one-year contract. The purpose is so that we can eliminate the likelihood of someone believing that Peyton Manning is better than so and so, but so and so is younger and can offer more years. If younger means better, sure. Otherwise, it's irrelevant.

Second, assume that each QB is in the optimal system with an equal level of talent around them and coaching (not necessarily optimal surrounding cast, just equal for everyone). If current QB of a team does not fit in their current system, imagine them in the right system.

I picked the traditional choices this time. This is the easiest and is a 2-3 man race, IMO, but will include more. I will add recent SB winners or runner-ups soon to follow (even if not traditionally that high ranked) and then others traditionally around the next spot. Once the poll ends, they'll be removed from the next poll. I will add the drafted QBs who are expected to start after the draft. Yes, that means they can't be voted to be Top Ten now.

Stop living in the past people. Embrace the now.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For this coming year, counting Wilson is just as laughable.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that makes me rethink my own rankings.

1. Rodgers
2. Manning
3. Wilson
4. Luck
5. Brady

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For this coming year, counting Wilson is just as laughable.

He was better than Brady last year. Oh yeah that wasn't his fault. He didn't have Wilson's stellar receiving core.
'

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop living in the past people. Embrace the now.

1 QB of Football past was in last SB. 2nd QB of Football past was in AFCG last 3 years in a row.. And I would bet that the Old yellers will be there again this year, If thats decline, I'll take it

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson doesn't belong in the top 10 much less the top 5. Now if we are discussing top 5 shortest QB's then yes, he's top 5.

Brees
McCoy
Manziel
Retired Flutie
Wilson

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was better than Brady last year. Oh yeah that wasn't his fault. He didn't have Wilson's stellar receiving core.
'

Comparing Wilson to Brady is like comparing Sherman to McCourty, I'm not that much of a homer . Also happy to have Browner on team

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with Brady due to him having to play with less for some years.

Manning is second with Rodgers as third (Rodgers i noticed had O-line issues last year).

Then Bree's

Flacco is like Matt Ryan imo.

As far as QB's not listed i like Foles alot,Stafford has showed a ton of spunk but has been forced to throw alot just like Luck which kinda skews it when you look at numbers etc.

As far as my boy DangeRuss he will only get better imo since i have watched every game he has played.

But of the young guns Luck and Stafford look legit imo.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson doesn't belong in the top 10 much less the top 5. Now if we are discussing top 5 shortest QB's then yes, he's top 5.

Brees
McCoy
Manziel
Retired Flutie
Wilson

I'm going to earn your vote on this robot. If it's the last thing I do.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Wilson to Brady is like comparing Sherman to McCourty, I'm not that much of a homer . Also happy to have Browner on team

You should. It's a lot of fun to watch him throw receivers around.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with Brady due to him having to play with less for some years.

Manning is second with Rodgers as third (Rodgers i noticed had O-line issues last year).

Then Bree's

Flacco is like Matt Ryan imo.

As far as QB's not listed i like Foles alot,Stafford has showed a ton of spunk but has been forced to throw alot just like Luck which kinda skews it when you look at numbers etc.

As far as my boy DangeRuss he will only get better imo since i have watched every game he has played.

But of the young guns Luck and Stafford look legit imo.

:agree:

And that is why there is only 2 guys I would take ahead of him NEXT YEAR.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should. It's a lot of fun to watch him throw receivers around.

Thats whats missing since Rodney retired. Talib was good cover but soft as puppy shit

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most posters are viewing this as who is the best now. Brady and Manning have a fine history , but their best years are behind them. Rogers is clearly the best as of today.

You mean Seahawk fans right?

Let me fix my opinion, as of today I believe it's Brady then Manning for the ring factor....

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Seahawk fans right?

Let me fix my opinion, as of today I believe it's Brady then Manning for the ring factor....

OP is not a Seahawk fan.

Age can matter as far as current abilities and experience, etc. However, this is just for this coming year. Imagine that this year is the last year or the NFL or that everyone can only be signed to a one-year contract. The purpose is so that we can eliminate the likelihood of someone believing that Peyton Manning is better than so and so, but so and so is younger and can offer more years. If younger means better, sure. Otherwise, it's irrelevant.