• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SportsHoopla QB Rankings, Pt. 1

Who is the NFL's best quarterback?

• Peyton Manning

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Aaron Rodgers

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • Tom Brady

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Drew Brees

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Specify Below)

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Not sure how they did without looking it up, but sure it wasn't too good

I wasn't clear, but the second half of my post was for JDM, no you.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your line is average at the very worst. Wilson puts more pressure on them than a better QB would.

God what a ignorant statement.

29e062e3631110ba782eee7023494de2a38b630ae3348d87c8e1a5bfdfe62dbb.jpg

What your claiming is so far from the truth it is ridiculous. I've got every Seahawk game downloaded and watched them at least twice , some 4 or 5 times. You want a link to download them yourself? It's a lot of GBs.
The Seahawks OL is shaky at pass protection and once some starters went down, it was down right terrible.
To say otherwise is to show how little you actually know.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, all you keep proving is how much you really don't know.

Seattle's worst 4 game stretch happened when they had 3 injured O linemen and were starting two rookies with no experience. Not only do a few of their guys just SUCK ASS on pass blocking, but they really struggled with injury most of the year. Okung wasn't 100% at least up until the playoffs and wasn't really there even then. Unger was hurt more than once. Mcquistan is just fucking horrible. Giacomini is competent at run blocking, but was beat in pass coverage more than he picked up rushers all year long. He did step up a bit better in the playoffs after he came back from an injury, but he was fucking terrible during the games he played in the regular season.

Go actually look at film of their games. You cannot look at that line and what happened during the season and say Wilson was at fault. Carroll talked about it often, so did Bevell, and even some of those linemen acknowledged that they were not going a good enough job at protecting him.

You can keep claiming you know what you are talking about, but once again you are just a complete and utter dumb ass on this topic. You really are.
You are correct sir.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your line is average at the very worst. Wilson puts more pressure on them than a better QB would.
You are incorrect sir.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God what a ignorant statement.

29e062e3631110ba782eee7023494de2a38b630ae3348d87c8e1a5bfdfe62dbb.jpg

What your claiming is so far from the truth it is ridiculous. I've got every Seahawk game downloaded and watched them at least twice , some 4 or 5 times. You want a link to download them yourself? It's a lot of GBs.
The Seahawks OL is shaky at pass protection and once some starters went down, it was down right terrible.
To say otherwise is to show how little you actually know.

I'm convinced now that he is just trolling. He's just trying to stir shit up because he's bored? :noidea: Seems working up Hawks fans is fun for a few of these trolls.

The truth is all QB's miss open players and most leave the pocket too early at times or otherwise have some blame in a broken play and Wilson is no exception. The problem here is this troll saying it's pretty much always Wilson's fault when the reality is a few plays every game might be on him, but the vast majority were on either/both the line and the WR's. We saw a few games were the receivers were not getting any separation so of course he wasn't hitting people early in plays. And to not see how many times that line collapsed, especially over the second half of the season with those injuries, says they didn't actually watch the games.

We are all wasting our times. His purpose isn't to discuss football, nor to debate his ideas. It's simply to get us going and it worked so it's time to move on.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Peyton at QB and nothing else changed, we'd hear on a weakly basis that your line was full of all pros. The QB makes the line, and Wilson holds the ball far, far too long.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Peyton at QB and nothing else changed, we'd hear on a weakly basis that your line was full of all pros. The QB makes the line, and Wilson holds the ball far, far too long.

We get it.

Who needs to judge O-lines by actually watching games when we spout simple cliches like "QBs make lines better"?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did watch the games. With manning, you guys are undefeated and your line is treated as a top 5 line.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have access to the film now. I doubt you do either. Asking me to do something you can't do yourself is absurd.

The reality of the situation is exactly as I stated it. Wilson puts more stress on his line than nearly any QB in the league.
Isn't it possible that the WR's would have an effect also? If we had some pro bowl WR's that would help our QB wouldn't it? Do you know the last time the Seahawks had a Pro Bowl receiver?
If the HC required that the QB not turn the ball could that have an effect on a QB?
We don't have any Pro Bowl WR's. Pete not only preach's but constantly coaches against turning the ball over on O, and on taking it back on D and we excel in both arena's.
The reality is that you are full of it and I'm not the only one that sees it.

Guh day, Suh.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did Peyton make his OL line look like they were full of all pros in the Superbowl?

Quit trolling dude.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we are 10 pages into this debate and I find it interesting that so many people claim Wilson isn't a top 5 QB and Drew Brees is, yet there isn't even one vote (out of 45 currently) for Brees.

All I know is that I wouldn't trade Wilson for Brees, Manning, Ben, or Brady for the upcoming season. Maybe I'd consider Rodgers but that's it. Speed, accuracy, preparation, leadership, smarts, skill, scrambling, long ball, short ball. I think Wilson matches up with all these guys in every category and might even be superior in quite a few of them. Tell me where I'm wrong. I know Wilson didn't have big passing yards, but that is about his only knock.

I fully admit to being a homer, but give me Wilson every day.
\

:agree:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether it is the coached play style or not, it is still the result of the QBs play style, not a problem of the line.

I even said it's not a bad thing, just a side effect of how he plays. But everyone wants to pretend you have the worst line in the league. :L

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Peyton make his OL line look like they were full of all pros in the Superbowl?

Quit trolling dude.

Peyton choked hard in the Super Bowl.

But you also had by far the best defense in the league. Playing for you he never would have faced your defense, and you would have averaged a 20ppg margin.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did watch the games. With manning, you guys are undefeated and your line is treated as a top 5 line.

Hypotheticals and opinions dont change the fact that the Seahawks interior was swiss cheese most of the year.

If you watched the games you wouldn't say they were good, unless you were lying, or ignorant. Those are the only two options.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a line in the league that can hold their blocks for 10 seconds. It isn't their fault that's how long your plays last.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether it is the coached play style or not, it is still the result of the QBs play style, not a problem of the line.

I even said it's not a bad thing, just a side effect of how he plays. But everyone wants to pretend you have the worst line in the league. :L

Not true at all. The OL is good at run blocking, just not so much at pass blocking. There was a reason the Seahawks let 2 starters from the OL leave, they just were not that good.
The truth is almost any other QB would of failed behind the Seahawks OL and that includes Manning and Brady. Rogers would of done fine with it, beyond him....not to sure any other QB would have survived.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both would have had no problem whatsoever. They get the ball out, unlike Wilson.

Over half the league wins the Super Bowl with that team.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He holds the ball because he does not have PB WR's and he is not allowed to throw TO's. Those 2 reason's plus a below average line is what he is currently playing with.
So, you are correct in that he holds the ball probably longer than the average QB, but he is far better than the average NFL QB. He threw for 26 TD's his rookie season putz...in a run 1st offense.
Please quit annoying my fellow Seahawk fans by trying to teachus something about our team that you only know on the surface. Most of us here are quite passionate about the team and back that up with knowledge as deep rooted fans of the team.
What in the hell makes you think your point is accurate over at least 4 or 5 Seahawk fans on this issue? The only way for that to be reality is that if you spent every day breaking down our team. No way is there more than 24 hours in a day so almost all of your entire days effort would be studying Seattle Seahawk stuff. So, you are either full of shit or those of us Hawk fans don't know our team or you might be Stooper who spent his every waking moment looking under rocks for anything to berate a Seahawk about.
Stooper, that you boy?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDM;4818186[B said:
]I did watch the games[/B]. With manning, you guys are undefeated and your line is treated as a top 5 line.

I am guessing you watch some games, mostly the playoffs no doubt. Did you watch the Houston game or the first ST. Louis game? Did you see what their DL did to the Seahawks OL?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spoken like a true know it all.