• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seattle Seahawks have traded for Jamaal Adams

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it but I guess time will tell
You don't see a lot of talented #2 or 3s?
Agholor, Bourne and Meyer would be #2 on many NFL rosters. Meyer is a hidden gem. Olszewski, Nixon and Wilkerson are also looking like strong #3s. Then add in Smith and Henry at TE. Lot's of decisions to make both for roster moves and who gets targeted on each play.

Typical NE style offense. No name WRs until they become a household name. Combined with a RBBC, don't draft these guys in your FFL. There are only so many balls to go around.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was Sony a bad pick?

31st overall when NE needed a RB.
He averaged 900 yds on the ground in his first two seasons. His 3rd season he only played 4 games IIRC? He averaged 6.5 TDs a year on a Tom Brady led team. As Southie mentioned he also helped win that SB, scoring the only TD.

All in all, minus his durability he was a decent pick.
You take a rb round one, i would like him to crack 1000 yards. Thats just me. He did help yes. But i firmly believe his production and value to your team could of been filled by many rbs with far less draft capitol invested. Just my opinion.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agholor, Bourne and Meyer would be #2 on many NFL rosters. Meyer is a hidden gem. Olszewski, Nixon and Wilkerson are also looking like strong #3s. Then add in Smith and Henry at TE. Lot's of decisions to make both for roster moves and who gets targeted on each play.

Typical NE style offense. No name WRs until they become a household name. Combined with a RBBC, don't draft these guys in your FFL. There are only so many balls to go around.
Whose roster would they be #2 on? I can think of some. But many?

Not anyone in the afc north, including the ravens. Not the dolphins, bills , or jets, likely no one in the nfc west. Maybe oakland, they like bryan edwards there. No one in the afc south, maybe houston. No one in the nfc west or east. Detroit, greenbay are possibilities. You can argue atl, but they do like gage and gage is as good as those mentioned at least thus far.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take a rb round one, i would like him to crack 1000 yards. Thats just me. He did help yes. But i firmly believe his production and value to your team could of been filled by many rbs with far less draft capitol invested. Just my opinion.
He was selected 31st. He got 900 + a year. It was either him or Chubb and BB went with the change of pace back over the bruiser. There wasn't going to be another decent RB left when NE picked next and RB was a need. IMO

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was selected 31st. He got 900 + a year. It was either him or Chubb and BB went with the change of pace back over the bruiser. There wasn't going to be another decent RB left when NE picked next and RB was a need. IMO
Stand by my comment. The 2019 year he had 900 yards on 247 carries at an abysmal 3.7 clip with a really good o line. Firmly believe 100 other rb’s can do that. Thats really poor tbh.

i guess one, 900 yard season that was a good year is worth it?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stand by my comment. The 2019 year he had 900 yards on 247 carries at an abysmal 3.7 clip with a really good o line. Firmly believe 100 other rb’s can do that. Thats really poor tbh.

i guess one, 900 yard season that was a good year is worth it?
He had two, 900 yard seasons.

You're the one who brought up 1k as a measuring stick.

2018 he averaged 4.5 yds a carry for 931 yards. 6 TDs in the playoffs and a SB. I'll take that combined with his other healthy year,from the 31st pick. Injuries is his only shortage.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had two, 900 yard seasons.

You're the one who brought up 1k as a measuring stick.

2018 he averaged 4.5 yds a carry for 931 yards. 6 TDs in the playoffs and a SB. I'll take that combined with his other healthy year,from the 31st pick. Injuries is his only shortage.
His other healthy year he rumbled for 3.7? Regardless i want more from a first round rb. Alot more. I dunno that stat line is good, its nothing alot of guys cant accomplish behind the line the pats had.. If the pats drafted a rb in the first this year and told u thats what u would get from him…youd be this excited? You absolutely wouldnt be.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His other healthy year he rumbled for 3.7? Regardless i want more from a first round rb. Alot more. I dunno that stat line is good, its nothing alot of guys cant accomplish behind the line the pats had.. If the pats drafted a rb in the first this year and told u thats what u would get from him…youd be this excited? You absolutely wouldnt be.
Does it come with a SB?

This guy was the 10th pick. Lots of years at 3.8 or less. Would you take this guy at #10?

Screenshot_20210826-074301_Chrome.jpg

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it come with a SB?

This guy was the 10th pick. Lots of years at 3.8 or less. Would you take this guy at #10?

View attachment 278463
Yeah, context and cherry picking. I see you ignored my wr post, youre good at that on some things eh.…

the only thing im with you on is doing what u have to do to win a superbowl if you win nothing else matters. So for that he served his purpose and as a pats fan i wouldnt care.

as an outsider. Your oline was beastly. A street FA could have run for 900 and 6 tds. You could of taken a skill position player and plugged in a rb. So yes the pick could of been much better served.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think they have a lot of talent at WR at all - that is what I bolded. I think they have bad WRs to be honest.

as far as what you are now asking, no, I definitely don’t see talented #2s. Maybe they have talented #3s, but if that is all you have, is it really something good?

TEs are good. But, With what I think you are going to get from the QB this year I think offense is going to be a struggle.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think they have a lot of talent at WR at all - that is what I bolded. I think they have bad WRs to be honest.

as far as what you are now asking, no, I definitely don’t see talented #2s. Maybe they have talented #3s, but if that is all you have, is it really something good?

TEs are good. But, With what I think you are going to get from the QB this year I think offense is going to be a struggle.
That is on the money. Pats WRs are marginal and they have better TEs then WRs.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, context and cherry picking. I see you ignored my wr post, youre good at that on some things eh.…

the only thing im with you on is doing what u have to do to win a superbowl if you win nothing else matters. So for that he served his purpose and as a pats fan i wouldnt care.

as an outsider. Your oline was beastly. A street FA could have run for 900 and 6 tds. You could of taken a skill position player and plugged in a rb. So yes the pick could of been much better served.
Cherry picked? Ignored?

You're the one that keeps bringing up what value is. I keep shutting you down.

3.7 YPC was pretty weak until I showed you the stats for Jerome.

You're digging yourself a very deep hole on this one.

Better to just go onto something new.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I started my conversation stating no number 1's. You and I can differ on how we grade the #2s and #3s.
Can't use last year as a measuring stick with Cam at QB. The year before Brady lost faith in Meyers, no one could understand why. Watch him this season.

No one will be a stat monster. Too much equal talent to go around. Not good for FFL.

Mac Jones will struggle at times but I think he's the future. Not close to a Brady. More like a Bledsoe with a great RBBC.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cherry picked? Ignored?

You're the one that keeps bringing up what value is. I keep shutting you down.

3.7 YPC was pretty weak until I showed you the stats for Jerome.

You're digging yourself a very deep hole on this one.

Better to just go onto something new.
Yeah. Okkkk ignored times two. As other continue to refute you. Youve been trending towards being the eaglesnut of pats fans. Odd.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Okkkk ignored times two. As other continue to refute you. Youve been trending towards being the eaglesnut of pats fans. Odd.
So are you drafting that 10 year player who averaged 3.9 yards for his career?

Sometimes you can answer a question with a question.

So I'll ask for a 2nd time. Are you drafting this player?

Amazing watching you now spin and dig at the same time.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to level the bubble here, so you can stop cherry picking and moving the goal posts.
We will go round and round on what constitutes a better or as good WR2 or WR3. Are you going to throw in things like playing in domes or with great olines or qbs?
Let me cut you off. Meyer played with Cam last year and had over 700 yds and caught 72.8% of the passes thrown his way. I should mic drop there.

We all know what Agholor has been over his career a solid number 2. As good as most.

So to placate you, yes Meyer and Agholor could easily be the #2 or replace the #2 since they have similiar stats.

You already mentioned where they could be a # 2; ATL, DET, GB, HOU and OAK. I agree with.

How about...
CAR? DJ Moore?
CHI? Robinson that's a 50/50 while Mooney is TBD
DEN? Sutton and Jeudy had right around 700 yds.
Indy? Overated TY? Pittman?
JAC? Chark and Jones 50/50.
LAR? Jefferson
NO? Trequan Smith
NYG? Shepard
NYJ? Davis and Crowder?
PHI? Ward and Reagor?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh. 'Someone' will get receiving yards simply because it's darn near impossible for an NFL team to end up with less than 2800 passing yards. I don't think anyone knows who it'll be on the Patriots roster because they have a bunch of WRs that most would rank between #50 and #160 overall as NFL WRs. It isn't meant as disrespect. It's just that the NFL has a lot of good no-name WRs who get little or no playing time to prove themselves. I like the Rams #4 through #8 WRs as much as any WR on the Patriots roster. I don't think Agholor would crack the Rams top 6.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
092319unlikeagholor_1920x1080_1607429187888_546102.jpg

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh. 'Someone' will get receiving yards simply because it's darn near impossible for an NFL team to end up with less than 2800 passing yards. I don't think anyone knows who it'll be on the Patriots roster because they have a bunch of WRs that most would rank between #50 and #160 overall as NFL WRs. It isn't meant as disrespect. It's just that the NFL has a lot of good no-name WRs who get little or no playing time to prove themselves. I like the Rams #4 through #8 WRs as much as any WR on the Patriots roster. I don't think Agholor would crack the Rams top 6.
Agreed. I mentioned NE doesn't have a #1. Really haven't since Randy Moss left.

Just a bunch of 2s and 3s that have succeeded in the Pats system.

Agholor statistaclly had his best year last season. A very solid #2. He hasn't shown that in camp or preseason yet but we can hope?