• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season is Over

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit, if no one else is going to post it, I will

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget a championship for the G5. We should have an auto bama championship and then a championship for everyone else in the power five.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although in theory anything's possible, I agree that Bama realistically is untouchable this year.

For fans of other teams, I think it's a matter of not looking at the season as 'championship or bust'. As things currently are, Bama is going to be the prohibitive favorite every year for the foreseeable future. Generally speaking, they out-recruit everyone else, and pour tons of money into their football program-- which has had a way of solidifying that position at the top.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Bama fan, that had to endure the Franchonie, Dubois's and Shula years when I was in college, I'm loving this current run. But as a fan of college football, this run is bad for college football as a whole. I'm still yelling Roll Tide though.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Bama fan, that had to endure the Franchonie, Dubois's and Shula years when I was in college, I'm loving this current run. But as a fan of college football, this run is bad for college football as a whole. I'm still yelling Roll Tide though.

Same for Golden State and New England Patriots.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same for Golden State and New England Patriots.

they aren't the problem, the rest of the sport is and until people understand that - things aren't likely to change.

Michael Jordan sure as hell didn't ruin the NBA.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how Bama's run is ruining college football.

Realistically, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M, Florida State, Clemson, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma, USC, UCLA and Notre Dame have the same opportunity as Bama. All of these programs have the money and the recruiting base to contend every year, it's just that none of them have been able to do it nearly as well as Bama consistently. It ain't Bama's fault the rest of us can't keep up.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excellence is never bad ... don’t apologize for your team being the best in college football. Enjoy this run, because when it’s over, whomever takes their place will not feel bad.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see how many points OU could hang on them
Knowing full well they would hang 50 on OU but I don’t think they’ll get the chance to play unfortunately

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Realistically, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M, Florida State, Clemson, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma, USC, UCLA and Notre Dame have the same opportunity as Bama. All of these programs have the money and the recruiting base to contend every year, it's just that none of them have been able to do it nearly as well as Bama consistently. It ain't Bama's fault the rest of us can't keep up.

this is also the first year where Bama appears to be unbeatable

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua is playing hurt so we are vulnerable....albeit unlikely. He hasnt been playing near as well since he hurt his knee against Arkansas ( but has still been amazing).

Healthy Tua we would destroy everyone by 3TDs, no joke.
Whats funny about this is Tua, bad knee and all, outran LSU's defense on Saturday night. We gassed those boys so bad, by the 4th quarter they had no wheels left.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is specifically this year Bama has ruined, but obviously these programs need to step up and pick up every single head coach that gets fired as an "analyst" this year

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats funny about this is Tua, bad knee and all, outran LSU's defense on Saturday night. We gassed those boys so bad, by the 4th quarter they had no wheels left.
The LSU offense also helped you gas the LSU defense.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LSU offense also helped you gas the LSU defense.

LSU's defense did an admirable job considering the circumstances they were handed. The 85 Bears defense would have worn down if they had to be on the field that long.