• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Season

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are your thoughts as we move towards the 2022 season ....

I'm rather confused as to just what this team is capable of. Last year I thought was just something well beyond any expectations but 107 wins don't happen because you are lucky ... we were good. They question for me is ... how good .
1. This team can hit and will score some runs. Will they be as good as last year? Not sure but I think it's very possible
2. The pitching for me is a big open guess. We have Webb and a few of the other pieces. I also still can't help but wonder ... just how much did Posey contribute to our pitching staff's success last year? IMHO ... he was responsible for quite a bit of theor success. I still believe that Gausman would never had the year he did without Posey catching. I don't expect Webb to be as dominant as he seemed last year. Going to be very hard to replicate last year for him.

Not really sure what to expect from these guys in 2022 ... I can't hold them to the 2121 profile ... just not sure what is realistic now

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am completely incapable of placing any kind of expectation on this team. FZ’ brain works at a completely different frequency from mine. My seeing his logic is akin to my sensing a bat’s echo-location abilities or a dolphin’s sonar. I simply don’t possess the natural ability to even confirm that it exists.

Or maybe identifying a black hole is a more apt comparison. I can’t see it, but it is clear it is there due to the affect it has of perceivable data (wins).

And yeah. Losing Posey and Gas could be big.

Or maybe they aren’t big losses at all.

:noidea:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited to see how FZ rounds out the roster. I'd expect another SP and an OF. The bullpen seems good and deep, as does the bench. A lot of the early season will be on Bart. I just hope they get the lockout solved.