• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rich Get Richer. Pats Acquire Malcolm Floyd

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure....33 catches in what? 14 games this season? In an Arians "all air" offense?

52 catches last season, 47 the year before

I think hes a classic underachiever, living off a "What could be" reputation
I'm thinking this sounds more like he was drunk or hung over more often than not. Most casual drinkers don't get drunk enough that they pass out behind the wheel. That would also make sense why AZ cut the chord so quick. That and I'm sure there were other locker room or off field issues?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he was lucky enough not to hurt someone doesn't make him a better person than someone else who makes the same horrible decision and isn't as lucky.
I don't think you'll find many, if any NE fans or anyone from the organization that condones his getting drunk and getting behind the wheel? What NE does condone is putting you in an environment that will help you succeed on and off the field. Lead, Water, Drink or bye bye.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet its a factor. It means that Floyd may already be familiar with aspects of the offense, or at least the terminology.
Wiess actually said that Floyd likely knows about 75% of the terminology.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm anxiously awaiting his response. Guessing it's something along the lines of "but it didn't happen!!!"
I figured he'd ask if Bob was in the crosswalk?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Alan Branch. Shared some tacos and a drink with him at the Phoenix airport a few years back. I told him he should have been drafted higher and he told me that all the girls in LA have big fake titties.:D:suds:

He lied. Not all of them in LA have fake titties.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They make em in all sizes but I think they rip a little better than a pipe, just my opinion

Understood. I've made it this far without a bong unit so I think I'll last for the duration.

In the 70's we used to make our own "toys".

We had this thing called a Tootsie Toker, a long tube that came full of mini Tootsie rolls and was to be used as a piggy bank afterwards.

We shaped one end to fit the mouth nicely, poked 2 holes in the other end. One for the cup part of a Thistle tube we liberated from a lab at UBC. In the other hole we put a surgical rubber tube.

The drill was first guy takes a huge toke, holds while #2 is getting ready for his, and then as #2 is starting, #1 exhales into the rubber tube and #2 gets the blast of both.

Many a puke started after that as rookies couldn't take the heat so to speak. I remember one guy woofed right into the heater in front of the window. Impossible to clean properly and for the rest of the year his room reeked of pizza puke.....

Now I'm happy with my little clay pipe and a big piece of my special carrot cake......

I tried a vaporizer once or twice. My air bags are in pretty good shape from all my swimming so I'm reluctant to spend any shekels on a vape unit.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you'll find many, if any NE fans or anyone from the organization that condones his getting drunk and getting behind the wheel? What NE does condone is putting you in an environment that will help you succeed on and off the field. Lead, Water, Drink or bye bye.

In my day I've driven "under the weather" many times. No longer, but it's a young man's thing and a stupid older man's thing.

Hopefully the young grow out of it, and the old fuckers only kill themselves...

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$1.something million for 3 games.

6'3".

If they lose him next year it fits into the compensatory pick thing.

Hogan was the only other receiver over 6'. (And he's a keeper I believe)

Floyd apparently has no special teams experience at all so don't expect him to catch punts.

I think it's an astute pick up.

Agreed, at the very least BB just leveraged a compensatory pick out of a cast off.

This dude went in the top half of the 1st round of the draft so he obviously has some talent. Now he gets a tryout with the Patriots AC. If he keeps his shit together and makes even a minimal contribution he he gets a chance to make the club next year. If he doesn't he gets tossed aside at almost no cost and he will be scrambling to find work on a shit team.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Ravens have ever been portrayed as a "classy" organization. Do you???

No and they never will be.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I can touch em, they're real.
3o7TKJBTMtRfSgY3yo.gif

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO I have to ask...Lots of folks have come out said "it's not even been a week and the Patriots signed this guy" So when was a team suppose to sign Floyd? A week, month, a year??? I mean was Floyd supposed to never play in the NFL again because of this, or was he just not supposed to sign with NE?? We give players who were busted for weed a second chance and I never once saw anyone state that said player should be cut, and I can't believe he is on the team....so what gives..

Not for nothing, Floyd may never see the field. He was in the NFL Substance Abuse program and I believe the NFL can and will suspended him. Pretty sure BB was aware this could happen, so maybe this was a move for next yr or even the playoffs, IDK. I heard a few team had an interest in him, but not at his price and the risk of him being suspended.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots specialize in talented but troubled players and keeping them in control (most of the time). When you have a chance to snag a premium reciever you go for it.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise. Floyd is in his contract year... and I believe the Pats are one of the best orgs at getting veterans to focus on what is ahead of them. Floyd has the ability to be a #1 WR, he just needs to focus on football and not getting drunk 24/7.

If, and it's a BIG IF imo, the Pats COULD get him to somehow turn his mental issues around, Floyd, Edelman, Gronk would easily be the deadliest WR duo in the league. I'm not counting on Floyd turning it around though... Arizona is boring enough, Boston will be the end of him.
What is the point of getting out of bed in the morning then?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking hate fake titties. And tattooed eye brows. And injected lips.

Not a fan of alterations at all.... Go with what Baal gave you.

Especially this one, WTF? I mean really, your shaved them off then tattooed them one.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially this one, WTF? I mean really, your shaved them off then tattooed them one.
Well it does keep them from becoming a unibrow. You would think a Flacco family member might get him a set for Christmas.