• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rich Get Richer. Pats Acquire Malcolm Floyd

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tag and trade. But I don't see them doing that. I expect him to be back. I think NE Tags Marty Bennett unless he wants to give NE a great deal? That gives them another year to evaluate him and Gronk. As much as I hate to say this 2017 may be Gronk's last year? There are rumors already floating around. He's reportedly ahead of schedule on his rehab but he'd have to play 16 games. The FO tirec of not having him around for the POs. If NE goes onto win the SB this year that will further increase the liklihood Gronk could get released after next season.
I can assure you they will not tag and trade him. He had 38 receptions for 450 yards in a contract year. There is no trade value in that.

In his best year, he complied 65 receptions for 1,041 yards and 6 TD's. That was his 2nd year in the league. Since then he has average about 45 catches and 725 yard per year. And that was in Arians pass happy offense with a solid QB.

Somebody in this thread said he was a legit #1. My response... :laugh3:

If anything he will help with the playoff run and unless he lights it up, he will not be a Patriot next year.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can assure you they will not tag and trade him. He had 38 receptions for 450 yards in a contract year. There is no trade value in that.

If anything he will help with the playoff run and unless he lights it up, he will not be a Patriot next year.

You could be right scoob - but he looks like a player that was miss-coached. Badly coached?
I dunno' but maybe he just did not fit? He is going to have to grow up. NE could be that place - or not.
Sometimes the best way to learn is to fail.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In his best year, he complied 65 receptions for 1,041 yards and 6 TD's. That was his 2nd year in the league. Since then he has average about 45 catches and 725 yard per year. And that was in Arians pass happy offense with a solid QB.

Fair enough. I think a lot of his problem in AZ was his partying? Just speculating as he's seem to be doing fine. If I'm not mistaken he hasn't dropped a pass? Caught his first one from Brady but was out of bounds.
His TD yesterday showed he can be abeast. Followed that up with that block on the Edelman TD.
Sometimes a change in venue can change an attitude. Also every QB throws a different ball. Maybe TB and him just click?
I think as long as he continues on the pace he's on he's back on a team friendly deal.

Unfortunately there is more than was/is meets the eye with this kid. Too many other wellrespected players and coaches have come out and said what a good kid he is. Again selfishly I hope he gets sober and adds another threat to this team. But mostly I hope he gets and STAYS clean.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he was lucky enough not to hurt someone doesn't make him a better person than someone else who makes the same horrible decision and isn't as lucky.

You're right, it makes him lucky that he can get help while still playing rather than getting help from prison.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last guy they brought in off a DUI did wonders for the Patriots so Floyd should be no exception. Say, how is Donte Stallworth anyways?

I believe Stallworth's DUI was after he went to the Browns.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to catch the ball with your body when it is over your head. :scratch:

Here's the skinny on Floyd. He will make some amazing circus catches that will blow your mind. His is a solid blocker and he is a big target. His problem is he will drop a lot of balls at the most crucial times. He is somewhat of a head case and he is not very bright. He has all the physical attributes to be a stud, but he has never lived up to the hype.

The Cards were never going to re-sign this guy and most fans didn't want him back. He is just not dependable.

Hurts that he's no longer there huh?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understood. I've made it this far without a bong unit so I think I'll last for the duration.

In the 70's we used to make our own "toys".

We had this thing called a Tootsie Toker, a long tube that came full of mini Tootsie rolls and was to be used as a piggy bank afterwards.

We shaped one end to fit the mouth nicely, poked 2 holes in the other end. One for the cup part of a Thistle tube we liberated from a lab at UBC. In the other hole we put a surgical rubber tube.

The drill was first guy takes a huge toke, holds while #2 is getting ready for his, and then as #2 is starting, #1 exhales into the rubber tube and #2 gets the blast of both.

Many a puke started after that as rookies couldn't take the heat so to speak. I remember one guy woofed right into the heater in front of the window. Impossible to clean properly and for the rest of the year his room reeked of pizza puke.....

Now I'm happy with my little clay pipe and a big piece of my special carrot cake......

I tried a vaporizer once or twice. My air bags are in pretty good shape from all my swimming so I'm reluctant to spend any shekels on a vape unit.

A Power hitter is what we called it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are now recreational users.....
Back in the day, we called you guys "potheads"

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We never had all the gadgets they have these days. We had to be creative......
Copy that.
We took a liquor bottle shaped like a lady or something that had this really long neck.
We cut the neck off with a diamond hack saw blade, drilled small hole in the large end big enough for a medium sized joint. The thing was as long as an average mans arm, took a cigarette pack to cover the end.
One deep breath to fill it, the second...WHAM.

A whole joint, 1 hit.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much like this one.

YfBHh.3wD6mYT27jUEk0Wg.jpg

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds more like wishes than opinion.

You realize the Patriots have a history of grabbing guys that are meh elsewhere and turning them into solid talent, right? Now I'mn not saying it will definitely happen with Floyd, but I like the chances.

And dont' forget the Pats get the comp picks if they don't sign him.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I think a lot of his problem in AZ was his partying? Just speculating as he's seem to be doing fine. If I'm not mistaken he hasn't dropped a pass? Caught his first one from Brady but was out of bounds.
His TD yesterday showed he can be abeast. Followed that up with that block on the Edelman TD.
Sometimes a change in venue can change an attitude. Also every QB throws a different ball. Maybe TB and him just click?
I think as long as he continues on the pace he's on he's back on a team friendly deal.

Unfortunately there is more than was/is meets the eye with this kid. Too many other wellrespected players and coaches have come out and said what a good kid he is. Again selfishly I hope he gets sober and adds another threat to this team. But mostly I hope he gets and STAYS clean.
The funny thing is... He never really had a partying problem here. Until the recent DUI, he never had a problem off the field in AZ. He was considered a pretty fan friendly guy and his teammates seemed to like him.

As far as the coaching, I disagree. You have one primary goal as a receiver and that is to catch the ball. He struggles with that. In addition, you couldn't have a better mentor (Fitz) to learn from. They were close friends. We can look for all the reasons he never lived up to the hype and it all leads to his brain. I mean, what kind of a bonehead gets a DUI in a contract year?

The beef I had with him and most of the locals was the way he would completely disappear for weeks. Especially when it counted. He would have a beast game and then you wouldn't hear from him for 3 weeks. Combine that with the drops and it was more frustration than anything.

Like I said, he has the tools, I just don't know if he has it upstairs. The change in scenery may be a good thing. I actually wish him the best. I never really disliked him. He was just kind of "there".

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is... He never really had a partying problem here. Until the recent DUI, he never had a problem off the field in AZ. He was considered a pretty fan friendly guy and his teammates seemed to like him.

As far as the coaching, I disagree. You have one primary goal as a receiver and that is to catch the ball. He struggles with that. In addition, you couldn't have a better mentor (Fitz) to learn from. They were close friends. We can look for all the reasons he never lived up to the hype and it all leads to his brain. I mean, what kind of a bonehead gets a DUI in a contract year?

The beef I had with him and most of the locals was the way he would completely disappear for weeks. Especially when it counted. He would have a beast game and then you wouldn't hear from him for 3 weeks. Combine that with the drops and it was more frustration than anything.

Like I said, he has the tools, I just don't know if he has it upstairs. The change in scenery may be a good thing. I actually wish him the best. I never really disliked him. He was just kind of "there".

I guess we will just have to wait and see. Either he performs or he doesn't.

Much of what you are posting seems more like wishing than opinion.