• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rich Get Richer. Pats Acquire Malcolm Floyd

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds more like wishes than opinion.

You realize the Patriots have a history of grabbing guys that are meh elsewhere and turning them into solid talent, right? Now I'mn not saying it will definitely happen with Floyd, but I like the chances.

And dont' forget the Pats get the comp picks if they don't sign him.
What sounds like wishes?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will just have to wait and see. Either he performs or he doesn't.

Much of what you are posting seems more like wishing than opinion.
I lay down some stats, the local beat, and my own personal observation and suddenly I am wishing something? Long before his DUI, local fans knew he was gone. He never lived up to the hype.

If anybody is wishing it is you thinking he is going to outperform his career statistics.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Floyd had a promising game against the Fish... Fought through 4 DBs to get to the endzone on one catch. Absolutely demolished Lippett on a borderline cutback block - reminiscent of Hines Ward,

So far so good - no complaints thus far, on the field... off the field might be an issue. I think he's worth a incentive laden deal provided he keeps clean.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lay down some stats, the local beat, and my own personal observation and suddenly I am wishing something? Long before his DUI, local fans knew he was gone. He never lived up to the hype.

If anybody is wishing it is you thinking he is going to outperform his career statistics.

I don't think that would be wishing. It is almost a certainty that he will perform better in NE.....

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We'll see what he can do when he settles into this offense.... provided we resign him.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But they really aren't relevant since he isn't in AZ anymore where they were tallied, and with a different QB.

He's in New England now and we'll have to see how he does going forward.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they really aren't relevant since he isn't in AZ anymore where they were tallied, and with a different QB.

He's in New England now and we'll have to see how he does going forward.
Forgive me for assuming 5 years of the exact same production is not relevant.

It was a good move by NE signing him. Rent a player for the playoffs and see how he does. Not much risk there at all. However, when you need a 1st down in the playoffs and perfectly thrown ball bounces off his chest, don't say I didn't tell you so.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was a good move by NE signing him. Rent a player for the playoffs and see how he does. Not much risk there at all. However, when you need a 1st down in the playoffs and perfectly thrown ball bounces off his chest, don't say I didn't tell you so.

He's not the primary receiver for this team, he's insurance against injury.

And he's worth some comp picks at the very least.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watched him play against Miami and he did catch a ball into his chest.
I'll reserve my opinion of him until he gets some good coaching.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just with the two games he's played so far he's shown he can be another target. Something teams will need to add to their game plan. Even if he's a decoy he helps by taking a CB or safety with him down the field opening up lanes for other players. He's shown he'll block and with this offense that is something else BB and Josh will use to open others up.

Worst case he was a rental. Best case he helps by bringing a championship to NE.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Floyd looked like a keeper yesterday.

This just in, he can block too.....

The Miami DB will agree with you .............................................. when he wakes up.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is... He never really had a partying problem here. Until the recent DUI, he never had a problem off the field in AZ. He was considered a pretty fan friendly guy and his teammates seemed to like him.

As far as the coaching, I disagree. You have one primary goal as a receiver and that is to catch the ball. He struggles with that. In addition, you couldn't have a better mentor (Fitz) to learn from. They were close friends. We can look for all the reasons he never lived up to the hype and it all leads to his brain. I mean, what kind of a bonehead gets a DUI in a contract year?

The beef I had with him and most of the locals was the way he would completely disappear for weeks. Especially when it counted. He would have a beast game and then you wouldn't hear from him for 3 weeks. Combine that with the drops and it was more frustration than anything.

Like I said, he has the tools, I just don't know if he has it upstairs. The change in scenery may be a good thing. I actually wish him the best. I never really disliked him. He was just kind of "there".

Fitz is good in my book, but the QB and the coach suck. We shall see what happens with Floyd next year, but the few tough catches he's made already combined with lighting Lippett up yesterday tell me that he has already earned his money here in NE. Anything else going going forward is gravy.