• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rich Get Richer. Pats Acquire Malcolm Floyd

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

33 catches in 14 games

Pop the champagne

Now being inserted into an offense that doesn't throw to wideouts

Lot of hype for a guy that is less productive than the Chiefs 3rd or 4th receiving option in Chris Conley... with Alex Smith as the QB. Totally worth 1.2M.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

33 catches in 14 games

Pop the champagne

Don't worry #hammerdownlite, the real Michael Floyd will reveal himself soon enough.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

33 catches in 14 games

Pop the champagne

You try way too hard. Mitchell and Hogan on one of the most potent offenses in the NFL both have over 30 catches and 4 TDs. NE spreads the ball around. Maybe if fELIne would do the same the Gnats may be able to amass 30 points in at least one game. Floyd in limited action already has a TD.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of hype for a guy that is less productive than the Chiefs 3rd or 4th receiving option in Chris Conley... with Alex Smith as the QB. Totally worth 1.2M.
Your tears are extra salty today. Bitch to your GM. If they brought Floyd in maybe they would have a more productive 3rd?
Are you telling me you wouldn't pay a player 1.3 at the end of the season if he MIGHT improve your team? Guess BB got lucky again with Amendola and Mitchell being out that he had Floyd? Otherwise NE may not be sitting with HFA throughout? Worse case 1.3 likely gets NE a comp pick.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your tears are extra salty today. Bitch to your GM. If they brought Floyd in maybe they would have a more productive 3rd?
Are you telling me you wouldn't pay a player 1.3 at the end of the season if he MIGHT improve your team? Guess BB got lucky again with Amendola and Mitchell being out that he had Floyd? Otherwise NE may not be sitting with HFA throughout? Worse case 1.3 likely gets NE a comp pick.

Someone needs a diaper change it looks like.

And no, I'll keep the 1.3 as rollover space. Floyd ain't an upgrade. Doesn't appear you take your own medicine well at all.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And no, I'll keep the 1.3 as rollover space. Floyd ain't an upgrade. Doesn't appear you take your own medicine well at all.
Ok you keep saying that. With the injuries to Dola and Mitchell this has already paid dividends. NE has bewteen 50 and 60 million in cap space next season. 1.3 does nothing.
Who said anything about an upgrade? Floyd is filling a void. Low risk with high reward potential.

Last edited:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1.3m prorated. It is costing New England a couple hundred grand to see what this kid's skill set is and if he might be able to get his head on straight. Sounds like an easy decision to me.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Floyd is definitely an upgrade over a street free agent or practice squad player.

Keep that 1.3m. Your team can use it to find a QB that can throw the ball 40 yards.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He laid the hammer on the Dolphins too!

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid had a great game vs. the Fish... I'll just leave it at that. Patriots really never had a big physical Anquan Bolden/Hines Ward type receiver before. We'll see how it goes, if we resign him.

Right now he's a cheap rental at this point.

michael-floyd-laid-out-tony-lippett-1.gif

... and obviously it bothers some that the Pats are seeing a bit of an early good return on the transaction.

Last edited:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid had a great game vs. the Fish... I'll just leave it at that. Patriots really never had a big physical Anquan Bolden/Hines Ward type receiver before. We'll see how it goes, if we resign him.

... and obviously it bothers some that the Pats are seeing a bit of an early good return on the transaction.

I could watch this GIF all freakin day! :pound:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anybody check on the defender to see if he has come back to our period in time yet?

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the naysayers here telling us the guy is a bum you would have thought he would never see the field.
Well he did play and played well enough to play another game.
Not the first guy BB picked up with "issues".
OK he may not be the brightest bulb on the tree but he did manage to pickup enough of the difficult NE playbook to get in there.
I'm happy with him and so is the Dark Lord. That's good enough for me.