• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears @ the Pats

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I just realized that no one started a thread for tonite's game. Guess that shows how enthused we are as Bears fans!!

Anyway, even tho it's now a post-game thread, I'm nonetheless thrilled with our overall play tonite. 243 friggin yards rushing!!! Wow. And I thought our D really came up big, especially when Belichick subbed in "Magic" Zappe for the wholly ineffective Jones. The kid comes in and leads the team to back-back TDs and suddenly it's 14-10 Pats. I thought at that point oh shit, here we go again. But it was not to be.

Whatever adjustments, if any, were made by the Bears coaching staff after this sure worked wonders. The Bears played like a dominant team from that point forward. I won't say Fields finally had his "aha!!" game, but I do like how he handled himself. He had the Patriots defense on their toes for much of the game and especially from the point after the Pats scored TD #2. As much as I would love to see him operate more precisely in the pocket - and the OL has to take some responsibility for this - the guy is pretty scary once he breaks out of it. He's deceptively fast and has a better cut than a number of RBs in this league. Plus he's tough as nails.

All in all, a very good game tonite, well played by all phases. Let's see if we can get back to .500 next week against a pretty damn good Cowboys team.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win on the road.
As I stated in my initial post, what really impressed me was after blowing the 10-0 lead in seemingly the snap of a finger, we could have easily called it in from that point forward. But instead, we took over the game and dominated from that point forward. Very un-Bears like but hot damn bro, I'll take it!!

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun game when your team is scoring points. And, that was a total Team win. The Bears were the better Team in Coaching, Defence, Offence and Special Teams. When was the last time we could say that?

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, amazing they did not shit the bed on MNF. Bellidick outcoached himself. If the plan was to play both, then Jones should have gotten back in.

So we got to see Cam Newton in New England, still following up a great drive with a shit drive, a nice throw with a big sack for loss 13 completions 9 incompletions with some horrid ducks being thrown, but a win is a win, dont screw up more than the defense forces the other team to screw up.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys know the Bears were 8.5 u-dogs against the Pats? Shame on me for not paying attention. I would have probably placed a small bet on that. I know the Pats had been playing better ball of late and the Bears just the opposite, hence the spread. But 8.5 points, even at home, is a lot to give when you're not much beyond a .500 team at best.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my only real bitch about the game, (other than a few dumb plays from Fields) is I was a little shocked that they ejected Mike Pernell for that blindside block. I mean, I know it's now illegal, but come on...it's a hype play, where they just intercepted it. Ejection seems a bit much.