• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rey's WR Draft Rankings for the Eagles.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft is a crap shoot ... there will be plenty of busts and plenty of successes. No different from any other time, but there are better prospects at WR this year than in most other years. The Eagles have a bad history of picking more busts at the position than success stories though ... so that worries me.
Or most particularly, Howie has a bad history of drafting in general.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One name that has dropped completely off the radar is Higgins.

I can live with him. When wentz misses he usually misses high and he has the ability to go up and get those.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to see Higgins perform at the Combine more than any other receiver and he bailed out. Not just for the 40, but to see his movement skills in the drills as compared to the rest of the class. Then at his Pro Day some early times were good, but when the dust settled the time ended up being 4.58. Pro Day times are "at least" .05 faster than Combine times as they are performed in ideal conditions with usually faster tracks than Indy. So if you adjust it for the extra .05 you are at 4.63. That doesn't mean that he can't succeed in the pros, but I think the Eagles are desperate for outside speed and explosiveness to open things up and guys like Reagor, Aiyuk and Hamler would give them that. We already have plenty of ball control options in Ertz, Goedert, Greg Ward and JJ Arcega Whiteside ... we need that Vertical threat and even though we get back DeSean Jackson he's 33 years old and unreliable to stay healthy for 16 games. I would be ok with Higgins as long as we double dip and "also" get one of the speed options I mentioned ... somehow.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. Actually, I think Jerry rice ran a 4.71, coming out of college.

Fly Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know the Eagles are jonesing for a WR! So out of the top 10 who will be a pro bowler once or twice in their career and which one(s) are going to be busts?

1. J Jeudy
2. H Ruggs
3. C Lamb
4. J Jefferson
5. B Aiyuk
6. D Mims
7. T Higgins
8. J Reagor
9. L Shenault
10. K. J Hamler

My guess on busts; Ruggs, Mims, Shenault, and Hamler. Maybe not busts but underachievers for where they are drafted. I think T Higgins is going to produce well as a pro. Maybe not all pro but a good WR. Jefferson may be the most predictable and dependable. Just gut feelings nothing more nothing less. In the end not even the pros can get it right half the time. So I'm just throwing it out there for shits and giggles. Thoughts?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which one(s) are going to be busts?

1. J Jeudy - bust
2. H Ruggs
3. C Lamb
4. J Jefferson - bust
5. B Aiyuk
6. D Mims
7. T Higgins - bust
8. J Reagor
9. L Shenault - bust
10. K. J Hamler - bust

Busts above ^

Fly Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Busts above ^

I could see Jeudy being a bust (health) Jefferson as well. What we know (sort of) from past history is not all the top prospects at a position make it. Of the top 4, WR's 50% are liable to not make the cut for the Eagles as a dominant WR. It is a good reason to double-dip at the position and maybe one comes through. If history tells us anything its that someone at WR down in the 3-5 round is going to bust out. The draft is a crapshoot. Thanks for replying Eaglesnut.

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After hours and hours of watching and reading I now have some reservations about Jeudy transitioning to the NFL. He sure looks the part but something tells me that he doesn’t produce like a #1. Ruggs on the other hand is a player that because of his speed will do well but will not be used enough during the game which gives me some pause.
Right now I believe that the best WR available at #21 will be Mims. I also believe Jefferson, Reagor, Higgins and Aiyuk will have good success in the NFL. Digging deeper into the pool of WR’s I am high on several later round players including T. Cleveland, D. Duvernay, J. Reed and L. Bowden Jr.
I do not want Hamler unless he is available in the 4th round. He just looks like so many speed guys that come and go.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After hours and hours of watching and reading I now have some reservations about Jeudy transitioning to the NFL. He sure looks the part but something tells me that he doesn’t produce like a #1. Ruggs on the other hand is a player that because of his speed will do well but will not be used enough during the game which gives me some pause.
Right now I believe that the best WR available at #21 will be Mims. I also believe Jefferson, Reagor, Higgins and Aiyuk will have good success in the NFL. Digging deeper into the pool of WR’s I am high on several later round players including T. Cleveland, D. Duvernay, J. Reed and L. Bowden Jr.
I do not want Hamler unless he is available in the 4th round. He just looks like so many speed guys that come and go.
After I posted my list with Jeudy at 6 all this news of him slipping starts to come out. Hmmm...

And since I didn't post it here for you guys I'll do so now.

1.Brandon Aiyuk
2.Jalen Reagor
3.CeeDee Lamb
4.Henry Ruggs
5.Denzel Mims
6.Jerry Jeudy
7.Devin Duvernay
8.Van Jefferson
9.Gabriel Davis
10.Bryan Edwards

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After I posted my list with Jeudy at 6 all this news of him slipping starts to come out. Hmmm...

And since I didn't post it here for you guys I'll do so now.

1.Brandon Aiyuk
2.Jalen Reagor
3.CeeDee Lamb
4.Henry Ruggs
5.Denzel Mims
6.Jerry Jeudy
7.Devin Duvernay
8.Van Jefferson
9.Gabriel Davis
10.Bryan Edwards
I could see the Eagles trading back a few spots and get Alyuk. I would also love to add Duvernay. Those two would be a solid haul imo. Enjoy the draft @eaglesnut !

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any takers on S Malik Hooker?
Wonder what they're asking. Have to pay him after the year and he's been injured.

Guess they want to move up for a QB.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what they're asking. Have to pay him after the year and he's been injured.

Guess they want to move up for a QB.
My guess would be a mid round? One of our 4ths? I expected more from him at this point. Perhaps a change in scenery and get back to healthy again would help. The dude is a true ballhawk.

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is talk of the Vikings jumping in front of the Eagles to get a WR which would force the Eagles to trade up, settle for less or trade back. So Howie, what is the plan?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is talk of the Vikings jumping in front of the Eagles to get a WR which would force the Eagles to trade up, settle for less or trade back. So Howie, what is the plan?

Everyone knows we need WR, so they will try and play poker with us.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings suck.
Don't do what they do.