• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rich Get Richer. Pats Acquire Malcolm Floyd

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Zig Zag orange guy here. Now that weed is legal I may look into getting a vaporizer.
Funny I had to google it. I didn't know Mass changed the Law. You live in Cape Cod year round?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Zig Zag orange guy here. Now that weed is legal I may look into getting a vaporizer.

Used to like the Whites.

I still like my little one hit pipe though.

And I eat more than I burn these days. I make a great carrot cake.....

And soon up here it is going to be kosher, laying the ground rules as we speak.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny I had to google it. I didn't know Mass changed the Law. You live in Cape Cod year round?
Yup Yippee! Legal now but it will take years to open stores, been waiting for the medical pot shops for 2 years so far.
And yup again, my parents moved to the Cape in 74 and I never left.
I like it well enough but if I hit the lottery I will never spend another winter here, summers only.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...of course he was lucky. He made every bad decision he could possibly make. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

His actions didn't hurt anyone. That's a fact. You shouldn't have disputed that in my original post. Now stop pissing on my leg.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup Yippee! Legal now but it will take years to open stores, been waiting for the medical pot shops for 2 years so far.
And yup again, my parents moved to the Cape in 74 and I never left.
I like it well enough but if I hit the lottery I will never spend another winter here, summers only.

We have stores already... But I don't frequent them and likely never will.

The taxes will be killer... So what I can't grow myself I'll get from my under the counter friend.....

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say got richer.....he's a career under-performing player who was cut by the 5-8 San Diego Chargers.

33 catches, 446 yards, 13.5ypc, 4 TD's, 34ypg.

Those aren't exactly great numbers and it wasn't like he had a scrub throwing him the ball. Philip Rivers is a pretty solid QB and widely considered to be a top 8-10 QB in the league.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His actions didn't hurt anyone. That's a fact. You shouldn't have disputed that in my original post. Now stop pissing on my leg.

What did he do to make sure his actions wouldn't hurt anyone? How did he act responsibly?

Or...was he just freaking lucky nobody got hurt?

I'm not sure what is hard to understand about this.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he do to make sure his actions wouldn't hurt anyone? How did he act responsibly?

Or...was he just freaking lucky nobody got hurt?

I'm not sure what is hard to understand about this.

Let's see, he didn't smash into anything. How is that for starters? Unbelievable.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see, he didn't smash into anything. How is that for starters? Unbelievable.

He drove when you shouldn't have. He was freaking impaired. Anything that happened after he made that horrible decision was luck (good or bad).

You can tell you are from Philly.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He drove when you shouldn't have. He was freaking impaired. Anything that happened after he made that horrible decision was luck (good or bad).

You can tell you are from Philly.

And I can tell that you wish someone was hurt, since you can't accept the simple fact that no one was.:L

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I can tell that you wish someone was hurt, since you can't accept the simple fact that no one was.:L

I don't think that is the case at all. I think Money is getting at just because nothing happened doesn't mean he wasn't an idiot to be driving while impaired. Plenty of people every day make that stupid decision to drive drunk and make it home safe. Doesn't mean it was a good decision just means they got lucky they were not one of those that killed or hurt someone.

I had a friend drive home drunk one night go straight through a red light just barely missing someone. yeah they didn't hit anybody but driving impaired could have cost him and so many others if he was just a fraction faster.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay...one more attempt and then I'm done. You have 2 people (Bob and Bill) Both go out and drink the same amount of alcohol and are equally impaired when leaving. Both make the decision to get into their cars and drive home. A pedestrian walks out in front of Bob's car and Bob does not react quick enough to avoid the pedestrian. The pedestrian is hit and killed. No pedestrian walks out in front of Bill's car.

Bill is not a better person than Bob. Bill is just luckier.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, he drove drunk, bad decision, but maybe he will learn.

Driving drunk is a huge offense these days. Know someone in California that got stopped and it was a nightmare for him. Only had 3 beers, is a family man and senior executive of important company and he got put in jail, fined severely, now has a special breathalizer tag put in car that won't start unless you pass the test; under probation for a long time; the list of penalties is a mile long, and this is a person with no priors of any kind. He told me that the lesson he learned is enormous and it will never happen again. It's quite simple: have your drinks and fun, BUT DO NOT DRIVE, EVEN AFTER ONE BEER. The price to pay is huge, not to mention the possibility of hurting others. There are so many transport options these days, be smart.

Anyway, hope this Floyd guy works for the Pats - receivers that can stretch the field are hard to come by.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay...one more attempt and then I'm done. You have 2 people (Bob and Bill) Both go out and drink the same amount of alcohol and are equally impaired when leaving. Both make the decision to get into their cars and drive home. A pedestrian walks out in front of Bob's car and Bob does not react quick enough to avoid the pedestrian. The pedestrian is hit and killed. No pedestrian walks out in front of Bill's car.

Bill is not a better person than Bob. Bill is just luckier.
I'm anxiously awaiting his response. Guessing it's something along the lines of "but it didn't happen!!!"

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats don't give a shit about character or off the field stuff. Didn't even let him get cold before signing him. They are about winning Football games and only winning Football games and I think this was a good signing for that. Other than Edelman I don't think any of their WRs are really that good. I'm not saying this is going to be a Randy Moss deal obviously, but I think he is better than guys like Amendola and Hogan and will help them and will make them a little bit better. Mitchell seems like he could be a good one, but even if Floyd steps up Mitchell will keep a role.:2cents:
You're right BB will bring him in with a clean slate. He doesn't care what you've done in the past. You can bet BB spoke with Chsrlie Wiess about him. Wiess in an interview today said Floyd is a good kid who's made mistakes. Wiess thinks of him like a son. Wiess went onto say he didn't think Floyd would've made these mistakes if Wiess was still around him. So BB will give that clean slate but also a short leash. Like many other reclamation projects it's up to Loyd. NE will provide him the surroundings he needs to succeed. Otherwise he'll be a has been on a team like Cleveland. Hopefully, for his and NEs sake he gets his head on right.