• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rich Get Richer. Pats Acquire Malcolm Floyd

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't hurt anyone. Good pickup by the Pats for nothing.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as his drinking is concerned......Belichick picked a defensive lineman after he'd gotten drunk and ran his car into a tree and took off. Once on the Patriots he got help and has been a model player and citizen.......ever heard of Alan Branch?

Love Alan Branch. Shared some tacos and a drink with him at the Phoenix airport a few years back. I told him he should have been drafted higher and he told me that all the girls in LA have big fake titties.:D:suds:

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't hurt anyone. Good pickup by the Pats for nothing.

The fact that he was lucky enough not to hurt someone doesn't make him a better person than someone else who makes the same horrible decision and isn't as lucky.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing the point. There have been and always will be dbags on every team. That just needs to be pointed out to NE fans when it's appropriate. You would think that they get it by now given their history, but they don't.

Yeah, if an NFL team never took on a dbag, they would win the PR game but not so much on the football field.

Belichick just yesterday says he's never used the "Patriot Way" term. It's just a bunch of BS concocted by the media. And the fanbase drinks the koolaid.

The Pats will kick you out of the club if you don't follow the tight and narrow as a football player under their system. They have always given players chances where they may have failed elsewhere, for conduct or otherwise. They mostly care if the player can fit in their system.

Apparently they felt taking a flyer on Floyd was a no-brainer. Worst case, he signs elsewhere and you get a comp pick. If he doesn't do enough to stay on the roster, than you are only out a few bucks.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick announced last night that Floyd is making the trip to Denver. He's on the 53 man roster. It'll be interesting to see if he's one of the actives.

As far as his drinking is concerned......Belichick picked a defensive lineman after he'd gotten drunk and ran his car into a tree and took off. Once on the Patriots he got help and has been a model player and citizen.......ever heard of Alan Branch? Another druggie came to NE and has been pretty good and not had a single problem.......ever heard of LaGarrett Blount? And a real piece of shit was picked up by Belichick and became a Super Bowl winner and has been a model citizen.....ever heard of Corey Dillon?

Sometimes all they need is a little encouragement and guidance. 6'3" 221# 4.43 speed. Not a bad addition. If he wants a good contract in 2017, playing catch with Brady can get him a hell of a check. If he doesn't play well with others, he can always greet the Walmart People.

And Larry Fitz has given the move 2 thumbs up. He has know Floyd since Floyd was very young, same town?

And I think Charlie Weiss had him in college? Another "insider" for Little Bill to assist in the decision.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for giving people second chances but to paint NE pats as the model place to do so is hilarious....do you guys honestly believe the shit you type?

Homer's son: Dad how can I be a patriot?

Homer: well son get a DUI and BB will gladly pick you up. Even better be a POS too that will guarantee it...

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think Charlie Weiss had him in college? Another "insider" for Little Bill to assist in the decision.

I would bet its a factor. It means that Floyd may already be familiar with aspects of the offense, or at least the terminology.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if an NFL team never took on a dbag, they would win the PR game but not so much on the football field.

Belichick just yesterday says he's never used the "Patriot Way" term. It's just a bunch of BS concocted by the media. And the fanbase drinks the koolaid.

The Pats will kick you out of the club if you don't follow the tight and narrow as a football player under their system. They have always given players chances where they may have failed elsewhere, for conduct or otherwise. They mostly care if the player can fit in their system.

Apparently they felt taking a flyer on Floyd was a no-brainer. Worst case, he signs elsewhere and you get a comp pick. If he doesn't do enough to stay on the roster, than you are only out a few bucks.

Good post :suds:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he was lucky enough not to hurt someone doesn't make him a better person than someone else who makes the same horrible decision and isn't as lucky.

Lucky? He didn't hurt anyone. Let's stick to facts and keep opinions out of it. I don't know how drunk he was or anything else, but I do know that he didn't hurt anybody. I'm glad no one was harmed, that is the goal after all of these arrests, right? It's not just to penalize people and make money for municipalities right? No one was hurt. Which is clearly better than a DUI in which someone was hurt.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky? He didn't hurt anyone. Let's stick to facts and keep opinions out of it. I don't know how drunk he was or anything else, but I do know that he didn't hurt anybody. I'm glad no one was harmed, that is the goal after all of these arrests, right? It's not just to penalize people and make money for municipalities right? No one was hurt. Which is clearly better than a DUI in which someone was hurt.

Yes...of course he was lucky. He made every bad decision he could possibly make. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last guy they brought in off a DUI did wonders for the Patriots so Floyd should be no exception. Say, how is Donte Stallworth anyways?

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last guy they brought in off a DUI did wonders for the Patriots so Floyd should be no exception. Say, how is Donte Stallworth anyways?
Retired long ago. Was not with the Pat's at the time of the incident. He was with the Browns.
Thanks for asking though.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Low risk move by the Patriots. Maybe turns into something worthwhile. Probably not.

Reactions: DJ

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as Peter Tosh (ex-Wailer) once said, you can't smoke money.....
oh yes you can...
e39a24ee2c78cdda3ffebc6274e641ed.jpg