• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rangers honor two of the greatest this weekend at the Grill, also play games against OAK again

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned how DTC has been expecting good thing from Crim. Here are a few things that he has said about Crim in the past couple of years and when he said it.

Jan. 2020
"Blaine Crim is a guy that isn’t getting talked about a lot but he crushed the ball at Mississippi College and so put pretty good numbers in the NW league after the draft. He was drafted in the 19th round but I bet he goes out and makes a name for himself."

Jan. 2021
"Name 2 prospects not in the top 30 you think will make it to the show within the next 3 years.
I’ll go with

Blaine Crim
And
Jake Latz"

"I like Blaine Crim
I think he will end up being really solid"

Feb. 2021
"as far as my minor leaguer list of players to watch...

Blaine Crim, Tyreque Reed, Keithron Moss, Kellen Strahm, Curtis Terry, Kole Enright, Ryan Garcia, Joshua Javier, Jose Corniell and Zion Bannister"
Well that 10% success rate doesn't inspire

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's Ranger line up only has one player hitting over ,250 and that is IKF. The bottom three are under .200 avg. It is no wonder we are a bad run producing team. I wonder how many games would have been in the win column if one hit at the right time had occurred. We have lost quite a few games by one or two runs while creating a shameful RISP failure.

This team has got to find a way to correct this problem. The good news is help appears to be on the way.
I'm all about guys who put the bat on the ball going forward

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like he's having a blast
We need to field a team of young Rangers who have fun and are skilled. Learn to handle pressure and tone it out

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Free agency

Bit reluctant to dive in there as we do need more assessment
If we get a 100% long term winning piece or a pitcher we can flip then fine. None of these Holt, Culbertson type. Dahl was a miss but we have enough legitimate talent that need to develop and they are at the upper levels now

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting take on Foscue vs Jung

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Free agency

If we get a 100% long term winning piece or a pitcher we can flip then fine. None of these Holt, Culbertson type. Dahl was a miss but we have enough legitimate talent that need to develop and they are at the upper levels now
i agree but i hate the idea of signing any FA based on can we flip them at the trade deadline. that usually means some level 4 or 5 Fa that nobody but a team like us would consider signing in the off-season and praying that he has a decent enough season to bring us a low level or worse prospect. it is just a waste of a 40-man roster spot.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting take on Foscue vs Jung
Part of that may be Tepid thinking Jung will have to move to 2B.
Maybe he is already mentally trying to move away from Foscue since he likes Jung so much and sees Foscue as in the way for Jung to move to 2B. Sometimes our preconceived ideas can make us :logically" come to the wrong conclusions.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Free agency

So, dive in after next season or after 2023?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, dive in after next season or after 2023?
dive in a little this off-season and maybe a little more next off-season. with what we're seeing from our prospects that would fit with their arrivals to the Rangers

but make sure that the moves are solid moves and not rubbish

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree but i hate the idea of signing any FA based on can we flip them at the trade deadline. that usually means some level 4 or 5 Fa that nobody but a team like us would consider signing in the off-season and praying that he has a decent enough season to bring us a low level or worse prospect. it is just a waste of a 40-man roster spot.
If you need to protect pitchers then I get the FA pitcher pickup

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you need to protect pitchers then I get the FA pitcher pickup
For this year, I get protecting (limiting innings). Starting next year that is not needed nearly as much. A better protection might be a couple of long men in the pen.

I will be satisfied with going with all, or at the least 4, young starters in the rotation next year. If they want to bring 3 or 4 non roster starting pitchers to ST, just in case of a rash of injuries, then that would be understandable.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is Adam Morris' report on the Down East offense last night.

"Daniel Mateo had a single, a homer, a walk, and two stolen bases. Jayce Easley had a triple, two walks, and three stolen bases. Keyber Rodriguez had five hits and a stolen base. Thomas Saggese had a pair of hits and a stolen base. Keithron Moss had a double, a walk and a stolen base."

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore is totally tanking