• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Philadelphia Flyers 2024 Off Season Thread

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes those are 2 big reasons, but to me it seems overall we're heading in a better direction throughout all facets of the organization. Hope it isn't just my imagination.
We are certainly heading in a better direction then when we had hired Hextall and Fletcher but that isn't saying much as its almost impossible to be as bad as either of them.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While some of these articles are informative, a lot of them lack substance for their reasoning on things. I think true journalism is now total sensationalism, most of these writers have no objectivity. Me personally as a fan feel better about this organization and what they've done in 2 years compared to the last 25.

I feel a little better about the team now than I did with Fletcher running the show. But to be honest, it's not that drastic. Briere just hasn't totally screwed up yet. I'm happy about him taking the swing on Michkov. I think, all things considered, getting Drysdale back for Gauthier was a pretty good return (they just need to develop him). But aside from that, I think it's more of the same over the last 25 years. Hire the old school hard ass of a coach. Stay as competitive as possible and give guys they like big money. Expect the results to come from miraculous development of medium talent.

But he's basically kicked the can down the road as far as a rebuild goes by pushing everything into the 2025 draft. So he still has all the ammo to fix what has been an underwhelming year+ IMO. He's got his work cut out though. Still needs a 1C and probably a 2C. Still needs a 1D. Goalie is a question mark, though I like Ersson and think Fedotov could be good.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2025 world juniors roster projections: Pronman, Wheeler and Bultman make their picks2025 world juniors roster projections: Predicting lineups for Canada, USA, Sweden and Finland

Sums it up pretty well. Luchanko, Barkey, Powell, Berglund, Ruohonen all make their teams in these projections.

But, 4th line, 4th line, 4th line, 4th line, and 4th line. Obviously world junior roster projections aren’t the end all be all, but the Flyers need to add high end talent so badly. The NHL roster lacks it. And the prospect pool lacks it. Michkov won’t be able to do it himself, even if he maxes out his potential.

At least Bonk is on there as a potential 1st pair guy for Canada

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2025 world juniors roster projections: Pronman, Wheeler and Bultman make their picks2025 world juniors roster projections: Predicting lineups for Canada, USA, Sweden and Finland

Sums it up pretty well. Luchanko, Barkey, Powell, Berglund, Ruohonen all make their teams in these projections.

But, 4th line, 4th line, 4th line, 4th line, and 4th line. Obviously world junior roster projections aren’t the end all be all, but the Flyers need to add high end talent so badly. The NHL roster lacks it. And the prospect pool lacks it. Michkov won’t be able to do it himself, even if he maxes out his potential.

At least Bonk is on there as a potential 1st pair guy for Canada
I have a good feeling that Barkey will be on a higher line when the tourney starts and hoping Berglund can make some strides as he has some size we need in our organization.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any way we can get that banner changed at the top since nobody in that banner is on the team.
That's pretty freaking funny. I thought somebody had to make one? Either way I wouldn't even care if it was just a huge logo banner. Maybe the one with all the past players is what's jinxing us.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll check on it. Who do you want on there to replace the players that are there?
Can we have Michkov hell be on the team for a couple of years.

If that creates a problem for you i dont really care what you put there as long as the players who aren't on the team are not there.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a good feeling that Barkey will be on a higher line when the tourney starts and hoping Berglund can make some strides as he has some size we need in our organization.

I like Barkey. He seems like a really solid late 3rd round pick. I'm hoping he can be a solid middle 6 guy that contributes in a lot of ways.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If possible -My preference in this order to add to the banner :

TK
Tippett
York
Mitchkov
Foerster
Sanheim
Couts

I would have Laughton 4th but i feel he wont be a Flyer that much longer.
All of our hopes are on Michkov. It should probably just be him and a Russian flag.