• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Philadelphia Flyers 2024 Off Season Thread

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only hope, other than waiting 3 more years, is that some team is so far under the cap, they need some bad contracts.
The Sharks are the only team that fits that category and then we have the problem of what we would have to give them to take on that contract.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Clutterbuck wasn't 36, I'd be interested. Even on a 1 year deal, how much does a 36 year old that plays like he does have in the tank?

I would actually be really interested in Cousins though. Cup winner last season, 23 playoff games over the last 2 years (and 17 more with Vegas a few years ago). Plus he's mostly been a positive play driver his whole career. Brings more 'hate to play against them' to Hathaway, Konecny, Deslauries, and Laughton.

That's the kind of 'veteran leadership' that makes sense. You want someone to teach the guys what it takes to win a cup, Cousins knows it now. While he was a healthy scratch at times in the playoffs, he's gone deep a few times now.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Clutterbuck wasn't 36, I'd be interested. Even on a 1 year deal, how much does a 36 year old that plays like he does have in the tank?

I would actually be really interested in Cousins though. Cup winner last season, 23 playoff games over the last 2 years (and 17 more with Vegas a few years ago). Plus he's mostly been a positive play driver his whole career. Brings more 'hate to play against them' to Hathaway, Konecny, Deslauries, and Laughton.

That's the kind of 'veteran leadership' that makes sense. You want someone to teach the guys what it takes to win a cup, Cousins knows it now. While he was a healthy scratch at times in the playoffs, he's gone deep a few times now.
I cant agree that Cousins is a more of a hate to play against player than Hathaway. TK and Laughton are just totally different kinds players who actually contribute offensively and Deslauiers is there for protection and as you saw in the article i sent the other day we were 29-22 with him in the line up.

Plus we had Cousins already i dont want to go backwards. Onwards and upwards.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant agree that Cousins is a more of a hate to play against player than Hathaway. TK and Laughton are just totally different kinds players who actually contribute offensively and Deslauiers is there for protection and as you saw in the article i sent the other day we were 29-22 with him in the line up.

Plus we had Cousins already i dont want to go backwards. Onwards and upwards.

Meant he brings more of that attitude/reputation to the team. Not necessarily that he brings more of it than Hathaway.

But since it came up, Cousins did win The Athletic's anonymous player poll for most hated last year..

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meant he brings more of that attitude/reputation to the team. Not necessarily that he brings more of it than Hathaway.

But since it came up, Cousins did win The Athletic's anonymous player poll for most hated last year..

This is not a measurement of hate really its more of players calling him a little dick and not really having respect for him.

If it was worded players you hate to play against it would be Tkachuk brothers and Marchand and Kadri at the top of the list every year.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm gonna say no to Cousins also. Just because he won a cup doesn't mean he's worth a shit. He brings absolutely nothing we don't already have. He's a big puss and would just be a distraction from where this team is trying to get to.