• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Philadelphia Flyers 2024 Off Season Thread

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great to have a “generational” player on the squad - hopefully he is it.
I personally think he is far to young to live up to our expectations this season and at least a couple more seasons.

Hopefully i am 100%wrong and he comes out with at least 65 points this season.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think he is far to young to live up to our expectations this season and at least a couple more seasons.

Hopefully i am 100%wrong and he comes out with at least 65 points this season.
So, a Konecny season......

See Ya Reaction GIF by Travis

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll summarize...

Skaters: no cutter
Net: no hart
Overall: small

Then i guess it would surprise you to know we have the 11th ranked farm system in the league.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then i guess it would surprise you to know we have the 11th ranked farm system in the league.
Something, Something, piss and moan, management!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah maybe if you count all the goalies. Only one can play. And they are all worse prospects than Carter Hart.

Anyway, I care about the big club.

11th place is a pretty weak finish. That's a first round playoff loss.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

20. Philadelphia Flyers

Last year: 24th

“I’m worried they are conflating building a competitive culture with the team being good, and sacrificing a lot of long-term value by being too good during their rebuilding years. But a huge improvement on talent evaluation/creativity over last few regimes.”

“Briere’s tenure hasn’t been perfect, but all in all it has been drastically better than the days of Chuck Fletcher.”

A few years ago the Flyers were at the very bottom of this list, forcing a new era of orange to take over. Things are starting to get better both in fan and public sentiment, but there’s still a lot of work to be done — work that was made more difficult by Philadelphia’s shocking run to 11th in the East last season.

That run put the Flyers in a tough spot: An obviously rebuilding team at the deadline that was on track to make the playoffs. How the Flyers handled that spoke volumes about their ability to manage both short- and long-term goals simultaneously. They maintained a lot of their winning culture while still keeping an eye on the future with a minor selloff.

Some don’t think the Flyers went far enough in that pursuit and feel vindicated by the late-season plunge that unsurprisingly pushed the Flyers out of the playoffs. In a more pessimistic sense, the Flyers tried to have it both ways and got stuck in no man’s land.

It’s a difficult balance to strike given the position the Flyers were in, and it means the Travis Konecny extension could be seen as the right move for the wrong team.

Aside from that, there were also mixed reactions to the 2024 draft — especially in the face of the euphoria surrounding Matvei Michkov. After hitting that home run, there was some disappointment with the team trading down from Zeev Buium to select Jett Luchanko. That helps explain a draft ranking that’s far lower than how the public views things.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

20. Philadelphia Flyers

Last year: 24th

“I’m worried they are conflating building a competitive culture with the team being good, and sacrificing a lot of long-term value by being too good during their rebuilding years. But a huge improvement on talent evaluation/creativity over last few regimes.”

“Briere’s tenure hasn’t been perfect, but all in all it has been drastically better than the days of Chuck Fletcher.”

A few years ago the Flyers were at the very bottom of this list, forcing a new era of orange to take over. Things are starting to get better both in fan and public sentiment, but there’s still a lot of work to be done — work that was made more difficult by Philadelphia’s shocking run to 11th in the East last season.

That run put the Flyers in a tough spot: An obviously rebuilding team at the deadline that was on track to make the playoffs. How the Flyers handled that spoke volumes about their ability to manage both short- and long-term goals simultaneously. They maintained a lot of their winning culture while still keeping an eye on the future with a minor selloff.

Some don’t think the Flyers went far enough in that pursuit and feel vindicated by the late-season plunge that unsurprisingly pushed the Flyers out of the playoffs. In a more pessimistic sense, the Flyers tried to have it both ways and got stuck in no man’s land.

It’s a difficult balance to strike given the position the Flyers were in, and it means the Travis Konecny extension could be seen as the right move for the wrong team.

Aside from that, there were also mixed reactions to the 2024 draft — especially in the face of the euphoria surrounding Matvei Michkov. After hitting that home run, there was some disappointment with the team trading down from Zeev Buium to select Jett Luchanko. That helps explain a draft ranking that’s far lower than how the public views things.
While some of these articles are informative, a lot of them lack substance for their reasoning on things. I think true journalism is now total sensationalism, most of these writers have no objectivity. Me personally as a fan feel better about this organization and what they've done in 2 years compared to the last 25.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While some of these articles are informative, a lot of them lack substance for their reasoning on things. I think true journalism is now total sensationalism, most of these writers have no objectivity. Me personally as a fan feel better about this organization and what they've done in 2 years compared to the last 25.
The correlation between the last two years which made you feel better are two moves that make the whole difference. Those 2 moves are Gee not on this team anymore and Torts being hired as head coach.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The correlation between the last two years which made you feel better are two moves that make the whole difference. Those 2 moves are Gee not on this team anymore and Torts being hired as head coach.
Yes those are 2 big reasons, but to me it seems overall we're heading in a better direction throughout all facets of the organization. Hope it isn't just my imagination.