• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Philadelphia Flyers 2024 Off Season Thread

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the cap friendly thing goes, I would think if you had good scouts working for you, most of the stuff you'd find you would already know. I'm sure it's got some info here and there but I wouldn't think it'd be enough to build a stronger team.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the cap friendly thing goes, I would think if you had good scouts working for you, most of the stuff you'd find you would already know. I'm sure it's got some info here and there but I wouldn't think it'd be enough to build a stronger team.
According to the Capitals they bought it for that very reason.:

Assistant GM Don Fishman has been an expert in managing the salary cap for several years, helping Washington win the Stanley Cup in 2018 and reach the playoffs 15 times in the past 17 seasons. The Capitals believe this will give them an even bigger boost in navigating the finances of the game.

"This strategic move will provide the Capitals organization with the ability to digest, present and analyze both our internal and league-supplied data," MacLellan said. "We anticipate that this acquisition will significantly enhance and integrate the various branches of our hockey operations department, allowing us to strengthen our management, scouting, analytics and player development, in addition to augmenting our salary cap and contractual applications."

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Capitals they bought it for that very reason.:

Assistant GM Don Fishman has been an expert in managing the salary cap for several years, helping Washington win the Stanley Cup in 2018 and reach the playoffs 15 times in the past 17 seasons. The Capitals believe this will give them an even bigger boost in navigating the finances of the game.

"This strategic move will provide the Capitals organization with the ability to digest, present and analyze both our internal and league-supplied data," MacLellan said. "We anticipate that this acquisition will significantly enhance and integrate the various branches of our hockey operations department, allowing us to strengthen our management, scouting, analytics and player development, in addition to augmenting our salary cap and contractual applications."
I dunno man, 1 cup in 17 tries with one of the arguably best players in the world doesn't sound to successful to me. Just my opinion.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the minimum suspension would be the remainder of the year. You know what minimum means?
Make the league do it. The Flyers did nothing, but screw themselves.

Fans in the US would support the players over the fucked up chinadian government anyway.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make the league do it. The Flyers did nothing, but screw themselves.

Fans in the US would support the players over the fucked up chinadian government anyway.

You think? Is that based on all the times in recent history when athletes have gotten into domestic/sexual violence trouble and everyone's just said "ah, no worries" and the story went away?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think? Is that based on all the times in recent history when athletes have gotten into domestic/sexual violence trouble and everyone's just said "ah, no worries" and the story went away?
I was wondering if he did a quick survey of all the fans in the US to come up with that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
>They already investigated
>She was already paid
>It was over

Are you saying I am giving you too much credit?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering if he did a quick survey of all the fans in the US to come up with that.
You really are clueless and can't read either. There was no downside to supporting their player. Instead they let the worthless canadian government fuck them the most out of any team in the whole league.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really are clueless and can't read either. There was no downside to supporting their player. Instead they let the worthless canadian government fuck them the most out of any team in the whole league.
So let's say we as fans back Carter, so what. Even if the top management said fuck you we ain't surrendering him. The league would have took action and suspended him for who knows how long, we lose him either way. Even if by some weird miracle the league told the Canadian Government fuck you, they would have put a warrant out for him, so no games in Canada, be great if we're playing the Canadians or Leafs in the playoffs. No one here is saying or suggesting the way their Government handled the thing totally fucked and he as a player is suffering and so are we as fans. Blaming the organization for not backing him is ridiculous, because you know full well realistically they had no choice.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what you said "Fans in the US would support the players over the fucked up chinadian government anyway."

I said " I was wondering if he did a quick survey of all the fans in the US to come up with that."

Im guessing you're the one who cant read :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's say we as fans back Carter, so what. Even if the top management said fuck you we ain't surrendering him. The league would have took action and suspended him for who knows how long, we lose him either way. Even if by some weird miracle the league told the Canadian Government fuck you, they would have put a warrant out for him, so no games in Canada, be great if we're playing the Canadians or Leafs in the playoffs. No one here is saying or suggesting the way their Government handled the thing totally fucked and he as a player is suffering and so are we as fans.iz Blaming the organation for not backing him is ridiculous, because you know full well realistically they had no choice.
Best quote of the month: "Blaming the organization for not backing him is ridiculous because you know full well they had no choice"

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's say we as fans back Carter, so what. Even if the top management said fuck you we ain't surrendering him. The league would have took action and suspended him for who knows how long, we lose him either way. Even if by some weird miracle the league told the Canadian Government fuck you, they would have put a warrant out for him, so no games in Canada, be great if we're playing the Canadians or Leafs in the playoffs. No one here is saying or suggesting the way their Government handled the thing totally fucked and he as a player is suffering and so are we as fans. Blaming the organization for not backing him is ridiculous, because you know full well realistically they had no choice.
Make them do it. Get lawyers to engage the league

They did nothing!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is though. You think all the professional sports teams react the same way because they all just happen to be run by hippy libs?

No. It’s because the bad PR that comes with playing a guy under investigation for sexual misconduct hurts them at the gate. And it’s probably not a coincidence that every single team in every single league reacts the exact same way. If a family of 4 decides to spend $400+ going to a Phillies game instead of a Flyers game, that’s bad for business. Doesn’t matter if you think their reason for going to a Phillies game instead is dumb.

There are battles worth fighting man, but this just isn’t one of them. Sorry the world isnt what you’d draw up.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is though. You think all the professional sports teams react the same way because they all just happen to be run by hippy libs?

No. It’s because the bad PR that comes with playing a guy under investigation for sexual misconduct hurts them at the gate. And it’s probably not a coincidence that every single team in every single league reacts the exact same way. If a family of 4 decides to spend $400+ going to a Phillies game instead of a Flyers game, that’s bad for business. Doesn’t matter if you think their reason for going to a Phillies game instead is dumb.

There are battles worth fighting man, but this just isn’t one of them. Sorry the world isnt what you’d draw up.
Flyers could never find a goalie. Finally found one and did nothing to keep him. I'm going to the phillies anyway because they try to be good. I'm even going to the reading phillies because there is a positive buzz in the air. I'm at the jersey shore blue claws game. My flyers hat is in shambles. Do I buy another? Why would I? My new hat is a blue claws hat. I don't want that pathetic hockey franchise on my head because the Flyers do not care about me watching winning hockey. They don't care about it when they let the fucks take the goalie from between their pipes without fighting for him.

I played hockey, have expendable income, Eagles season tickets, I AM the target audience... and I can't support the hockey team in my city because they aren't worth it and they don't do anything to show they are worth it. I went to tons of sixers games when they sucked. It was fun. They had a plan. The Flyers have nothing at all; after 40 fucking seasons they still don't have a god damn goalie.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers gave-up on Sergei Bobrovsky way too early or they would have had a good goalie. Now he has a ring and a Stanley Cup under his belt and the Flyers don't have much else.
Technically they didn't give up on him. They brought in a headcase they thought had more talent then he actually did, Bob didn't want to be a back up and I don't blame him. Had he stayed he would have out performed Bryz and been the starter. Was a huge mismanagement win now mentality that fucked us on Bob. However like we've all been saying, the mismanagement of this team has been front and center for years. So far I haven't been to disappointed in any of moves that have been made since the installation of Briere and Jones. Look at last season, we were definitely not slated as a playoff team but we were on the cusp. I think we have a decent core and some very good talent in the younger players. Right now my main concern is goal tending, as you see that conversation is going well.:L

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically they didn't give up on him. They brought in a headcase they thought had more talent then he actually did, Bob didn't want to be a back up and I don't blame him. Had he stayed he would have out performed Bryz and been the starter. Was a huge mismanagement win now mentality that fucked us on Bob. However like we've all been saying, the mismanagement of this team has been front and center for years. So far I haven't been to disappointed in any of moves that have been made since the installation of Briere and Jones. Look at last season, we were definitely not slated as a playoff team but we were on the cusp. I think we have a decent core and some very good talent in the younger players. Right now my main concern is goal tending, as you see that conversation is going well.:L
This years draft was graded a C minus ,you cant be happy with that. Drafting goalies in both the 2nd and 3rd round last year wasn't the smartest move either with Briere and Jones at the helm.