• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the result was Sat nitw, but I did see that San Diego Stae was giving SJS all they could handle...We beat SDS earlier this year and I for one, don't wanna see this game.

Beavers are going to have to step up to the plate and get the hell out of that projected game.:suds:

Out of those bottom 3 games, the only legit competition is BYU.

A tough win for any PAC team entering that bowl game.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose: Stanford vs Ohio State

Orange: Oregon vs Clemson

Alamo: Oklahoma vs UCLA

Holiday: Arizona State vs Texas

Sun: North Carolina vs Washington

Vegas: Utah State vs Arizona

Kraft Fight Hunger: USC vs BYU

New Mexico: Oregon State vs San Jose State

Nice Zona is sitting in the Purple Lube bowl selection this week...

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Day Pac12ers,

Today is a day or remembrance and reflection. My heart and soul goes out to all of our brave men and women serving in the armed forces, as well as their families. Along with all active duty, national guard and reservists, I wish to send a huge thank you to all that have served and all families that have had men and women who served. This country is what it is because of the sacrifices of all of you.

Many of us have had connections with service men and women who have been killed in action or badly injured. It is a terrible thing to go through as a friend and/or family member and trying to put things into perspective during those incredibly tough times is nearly impossible. Emotional wounds often never heal. Losing a friend or family member in battle is something I never hope to go through again, and never wish upon anyone. It is days like today where an indescribable feeling sweeps though me, asking why, wishing for a different outcome, and questioning fates. As a patriotic American, I often have to look at others, rather than inside myself to answer these questions. I look into my daughter's eyes, I look at my beautiful wife. I talk to my friends, I watch sports, I do whatever I can to feel AMERICAN. We are truly blessed to live in this country, and I am proud to say that.

God bless our armed forces, their families, AND ALL THOSE WHO SUPPORT THEM.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AUburn fan... CrimsonKing. Cool guy. He runs the weekly SportsHoopla polls.

He gave me a choice... Beavs or Huskies avi.

Really wasnt a choice at all.:lol:

Oh, Gene... I saw you mentioned ACC is guaranteed an Orange Bowl bid. Not the case until 2014.

THis year, FSU makes title game... The ACC isnt guaranteed a spot in that game. If Clemson lays an egg down the road they could be bypassed if FSU goes to NATTY

You are correct. I believe I went back and corrected that, though.

It's kind of crazy because in the future all of the major conferences are "guaranteed" major bowl bids in spite of who gets into the playoff. Gonna be some lopsided matchups coming, I think.

Anyway, I am hoping Oregon wins out and plays in the Orange Bowl. I'm looking forward to it and will get tickets to see the Ducks play if I can afford it fer sure.

I wouldn't want to miss Oregon vs. Clemson. What a game! :suds:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Day Pac12ers,

Today is a day or remembrance and reflection. My heart and soul goes out to all of our brave men and women serving in the armed forces, as well as their families. Along with all active duty, national guard and reservists, I wish to send a huge thank you to all that have served and all families that have had men and women who served. This country is what it is because of the sacrifices of all of you.

Many of us have had connections with service men and women who have been killed in action or badly injured. It is a terrible thing to go through as a friend and/or family member and trying to put things into perspective during those incredibly tough times is nearly impossible. Emotional wounds often never heal. Losing a friend or family member in battle is something I never hope to go through again, and never wish upon anyone. It is days like today where an indescribable feeling sweeps though me, asking why, wishing for a different outcome, and questioning fates. As a patriotic American, I often have to look at others, rather than inside myself to answer these questions. I look into my daughter's eyes, I look at my beautiful wife. I talk to my friends, I watch sports, I do whatever I can to feel AMERICAN. We are truly blessed to live in this country, and I am proud to say that.

God bless our armed forces, their families, AND ALL THOSE WHO SUPPORT THEM.

and a big thank you to you Shaver, yeodonie, and Gene for your service to this country.

I raise a toast to you all. Any others I forgot here in the thread... Please let us know so we can recognize
you as well.

We will have to meet up for a beverage before the Utah game.....

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose: Stanford vs Ohio State

Orange: Oregon vs Clemson

Alamo: Oklahoma vs UCLA

Holiday: Arizona State vs Texas

Sun: North Carolina vs Washington

Vegas: Utah State vs Arizona

Kraft Fight Hunger: USC vs BYU

New Mexico: Oregon State vs San Jose State

no utah? wouldnt they be eligible with wins over wsu and colorado?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct. I believe I went back and corrected that, though.

It's kind of crazy because in the future all of the major conferences are "guaranteed" major bowl bids in spite of who gets into the playoff. Gonna be some lopsided matchups coming, I think.

Anyway, I am hoping Oregon wins out and plays in the Orange Bowl. I'm looking forward to it and will get tickets to see the Ducks play if I can afford it fer sure.

I wouldn't want to miss Oregon vs. Clemson. What a game! :suds:

Man what a great consolation it would be for Oregon to get its first Orange Bowl bid.

Hoping like hell for USC to upset Stanford so Oregon can get a crack at that 100th Rose Bowl trophy though.

Either would be awesome.

3 games to win and both are quite possible.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and a big thank you to you Shaver, yeodonie, and Gene for your service to this country.

I raise a toast to you all. Any others I forgot here in the thread... Please let us know so we can recognize
you as well.

We will have to meet up for a beverage before the Utah game.....

Thank you. It wasn't easy by any means but it did make a man out of me. Whether that is good, bad or indifferent I don't know, though. LOL

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no utah? wouldnt they be eligible with wins over wsu and colorado?

ya they would be.

THat is Palm for you. I think I saw Schlabach, Edwards, and Steele all have Utah in a bowl.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man what a great consolation it would be for Oregon to get its first Orange Bowl bid.

Hoping like hell for USC to upset Stanford so Oregon can get a crack at that 100th Rose Bowl trophy though.

Either would be awesome.

Yeah, I didn't think about that. Stanford/Oregon vs. Ohio State would be a great game to see, too, no doubt. Hopefully one of the two of you will hand Mr. Meyer his first Buckeye loss. Hehehehehe.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Either would be awesome.

You gonna go down if they make the Orange Bowl?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Miller's take on the PAC bowl situation and the possibility that one may end up bowl eligible, but not get a bid to play in one.

--Washington and USC gave the Pac-12 eight bowl-eligible teams with only seven contracted bowls.

We're still projecting the Pac-12 to get two BCS bowl teams, despite Stanford knocking Oregon out of the national title game. We're also projecting nine conference teams to become bowl eligible, which means the conference will have a free agent. To be honest, we have no idea where that free agent -- we're projecting Utah -- might end up.

There, in fact, might not be an available spot. There are 35 bowls with 70 spots to fill. At present, there are 57 bowl-eligible teams with 20 needing just one more win.

Rose Bowl Game presented by VIZIO (Jan. 1, 2014): Stanford vs. Big Ten
Discover Orange Bowl, Jan. 3: Oregon vs. ACC
Valero Alamo Bowl (Dec. 30): UCLA vs. Big 12
National University Holiday Bowl (Dec. 30): Arizona State vs. Big 12
Hyundai Sun Bowl (Dec. 31): Oregon State vs. ACC
Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl (Dec. 21): Washington vs. MWC
Fight Hunger Bowl (Dec. 27): USC vs. BYU
Gildan New Mexico Bowl (Dec. 21): Arizona vs. MWC
New Era Pinstripe Bowl (Dec. 28): Utah vs. American

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oregon wins out they should be a shoe-in for the Orange Bowl. But if Stanford ends up with 2 losses it might be Michigan State or Okiedokiehoma. :L

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Steele PAC bowl projections

Rose: Stanford vs Ohio St

Orange: Oregon vs Wisconsin

Alamo: Arizona State vs Oklahoma State

Holiday: UCLA vs Kansas State

Sun: Miami vs Oregon State

Vegas: Boise State vs USC

Kraft Fight Hunger: Washington vs BYU

New Mexico: Arizona vs San Jose State

* No Utah here either.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose: Stanford vs Ohio St

Orange: Oregon vs Wisconsin

Alamo: Arizona State vs Oklahoma State

Holiday: UCLA vs Kansas State

Sun: Miami vs Oregon State

Vegas: Boise State vs USC

Kraft Fight Hunger: Washington vs BYU

New Mexico: Arizona vs San Jose State

* No Utah here either.

You don't think Clemson will get the Orange Bowl bid? Even if they lose to SC they should still get it.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think Clemson will get the Orange Bowl bid? Even if they lose to SC they should still get it.

thats Phil Steele.

I dont see them not taking Clemson unless they get blown out vs SC.

Highly doubt they will. i think CLemson wins out.

Status
Not open for further replies.