• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Standings through week 6

**WhiteMamba 30-13-2
*TrojanFan12 29-14-2
WizardHawk 28-15-2
4down20 27-16-2
OlyDuck 26-17-2
RegentDenali 26-17-2
VitaMike 25-18-2
963BUSC 24-19-2
*DayMan 23-12-1
*Native Webfoot 23-12-1
*yeodonie 22-21-2
NotNeutral 21-17-2
Wallace 17-21-2
ArizonaSting 16-27-2
IronBreaker 10-20-1
UtahUte 7-6-1
GeneH 3-5-1

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to TrojanFan12!! this weeks pickem winner!! He edged out 5 others with a tiebreaker picking Stanford to win but UW to cover (Stanford 28 UW 24)!!

Heck of a job TF12!!

TF12!! 4-1 S 28 W 24

WizardHawk 4-1
4down20 4-1
Regent 4-1
yeodonie 4-1
DayMan 4-1
OlyDuck 3-2
VitaMike 3-2
NotNeutral 3-2
UtahUte 2-3
963BUSC 2-3
ArizonaSting 2-3
WhiteMamba 2-3
NativeWebfoot 2-3

Champs thus far.

Week 1 Mamba Duck
Week 2 yeodonie Duck
Week 3 Mamba Duck
Week 4 DayMan Husky
Week 5 Native Webfoot Beaver
Week 6 TrojanFan12!! Trojan

page bump

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

there ya be TF12!!

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 7 Pickems.

Thursday Night:

Arizona @ Southern California - 6 1/2

Saturday:

Stanford @ Utah + 9 1/2

Colorado @ Arizona State - 25 1/2

California @ UCLA - 24 1/2

Oregon State @ Washington State -1 1/2

Game of Week: Pick Final Score

Oregon @ Washington + 14 1/2

Here we go. All 12 teams are playing. Best part... ALL CONFERENCE GAMES :yahoo:
Good Luck 2 ALL

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Source : Tom Fornelli CBSsports.com

Washington's Steve Sarkisian is the latest coach to accuse an opponent of faking injuries.
After Washington's 31-28 loss to Stanford on Saturday night Sarkisian said Stanford was faking injuries to slow the Huskies offense down.

“Their defensive-line coach (former Washington assistant Randy Hart) was telling them to sit down,” Sarkisian said. “I guess that's how we play here at Stanford, so we'll have to prepare for that next time. At some point, we'll get repaid for it. That never serves a purpose for us, and we'll never do that.”

Weak ass shit. Dont care what Skov n CO were tweeting. Millions saw it with their own eyes. Thought a lot higher of Shaw and his coaching staff. Now they are just like all the other chickenshit schools.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday Night:

Saturday:

Stanford
@ Utah + 9 1/2

Oregon 45 Washington 37

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people seem to think that USC gained by firing Kiffin and doing it on a bye week gives the team time to adjust. Everything that is being reported so far is positive, so I'm not sure that I agree with your assessment.

I think that Thursday night will tell us alot. We have our first Thursday night game in the BCS era vs. a team that should be very beatable (of course, I thought WSU was very beatable) and reports are that the team is very upbeat and excited (Orgeron's influence).

Despite the fact that I have defended Kiffin in the past, it can't be denied that there was alot of media fed negative energy surrounding the program and fair or not, it centered around him. Letting him go seems to have removed much of that negativity.
Addition by subtraction for sure tf12 but it was still subtraction.

Your Trojans may have stopped the bleeding by cutting their losses however a huge wound for any team for sure. I wont argue the timing works in your favor IF this is what had to be done. However since cutting your losses & addition by subtraction are still subtraction they are on the losing side at the moment and time and that's how I got to losing in the bye week. :drum:

Sorry for being a dick about it. :lol:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to TrojanFan12!! this weeks pickem winner!! He edged out 5 others with a tiebreaker picking Stanford to win but UW to cover (Stanford 28 UW 24)!!

Heck of a job TF12!!

TF12!! 4-1 S 28 W 24

WizardHawk 4-1
4down20 4-1
Regent 4-1
yeodonie 4-1
DayMan 4-1
OlyDuck 3-2
VitaMike 3-2
NotNeutral 3-2
UtahUte 2-3
963BUSC 2-3
ArizonaSting 2-3
WhiteMamba 2-3
NativeWebfoot 2-3

Champs thus far.

Week 1 Mamba Duck
Week 2 yeodonie Duck
Week 3 Mamba Duck
Week 4 DayMan Husky
Week 5 Native Webfoot Beaver
Week 6 TrojanFan12!! Trojan
:suds: Good job man, way to represent the South!

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Washington's Steve Sarkisian is the latest coach to accuse an opponent of faking injuries.
After Washington's 31-28 loss to Stanford on Saturday night Sarkisian said Stanford was faking injuries to slow the Huskies offense down.

“Their defensive-line coach (former Washington assistant Randy Hart) was telling them to sit down,” Sarkisian said. “I guess that's how we play here at Stanford, so we'll have to prepare for that next time. At some point, we'll get repaid for it. That never serves a purpose for us, and we'll never do that.”

Weak ass shit. Dont care what Skov n CO were tweeting. Millions saw it with their own eyes. Thought a lot higher of Shaw and his coaching staff. Now they are just like all the other chickenshit schools.

All I have to say to Sark and all the UW fans is get used to it. This is the price you pay for running up tempo, especially vs Stanford. This is not new, just new to UW.

I cant stand it, but I am not surprised. Smash mouth teams and coaches have been complaining about no huddle offenses for years, saying that the rules on defensive subs need to be changed.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday Night:

Saturday:

Stanford @ Utah + 9 1/2

Oregon 55 Washington 21

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I have to say to Sark and all the UW fans is get used to it. This is the price you pay for running up tempo, especially vs Stanford. This is not new, just new to UW.

I cant stand it, but I am not surprised. Smash mouth teams and coaches have been complaining about no huddle offenses for years, saying that the rules on defensive subs need to be changed.

r u back from the Chi? Callin u.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The question is was he telling them to sit down to slow the play or sit down so that they could come get him off the field? remember when DAT tried to hop/hobble all the way off the field?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Addition by subtraction for sure tf12 but it was still subtraction.

Your Trojans may have stopped the bleeding by cutting their losses however a huge wound for any team for sure. I wont argue the timing works in your favor IF this is what had to be done. However since cutting your losses & addition by subtraction are still subtraction they are on the losing side at the moment and time and that's how I got to losing in the bye week. :drum:

Sorry for being a dick about it. :lol:

I didn't think you were a dick about it at all and you have a solid point. I heard that the players were initially shocked when it happened and things could have gone south on them pretty quickly.

The difference and what makes this a potential positive, imo, is Orgeron!! Orgeron is beloved by everyone at USC (not just the players) and word is that his energy is infecting the team. He also made a couple of positive moves right away that I believe will be helpful.

He is allowing desserts at the training table again (not sure why this was ever taken away) and he opened practices up to the media again. I think the opening things up to the media was a good move.

For reasons that we'll likely never know, Kiffin chose to create an adversarial relationship with the media. This created a negative environment because they proceeded to slam everything about Kiffin and the program. No one wants to be dealing with that every day, especially a bunch of 18-21 year olds.

The negativity around the program essentially made Kiffin something of a cancer for the team. When a cancer is removed from the body, it is subtraction, but it's subtraction that makes the overall health better. There is, of course, a healing period that is required and now we find out how long that healing period will take.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N Korea Propoganda.. Funny shit... Cant wait for Tuesday

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eem8FO4uP-c&feature=player_detailpage"]North Korea joking about American poverty???? - YouTube[/ame]

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Utah didn't get their asses kicked by a FCS school.
First of all, EWU won by a field goal which is hardly kicking our ass. Secondly, not all FCS schools are equal. EWU is #2 because they earned their ranking through a playoff system, not VOTED there. There's a huge difference between playing a top (EWU) FCS and a bottom (Nicholls St) FCS team. Where are the FCS teams on your sched ranked? You'll finish your season playing scrimmages with bottom FCS teams and won't be penalized at all for it.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mamba- I will openly admit I have seen the tape of CT against O under Harbaugh and it was weak sauce. Harbaugh has done a ton of stuff that are not Stanford behaviors (such as going for two just to hang 50 on someone).

I have not seen any evidence of Shaw encouraging or allowing people to fake injuries. I have watched the tape and seen the videos. Skov took a helmet to his surgically repaired knee and hyper extended it. He sat out 3 plays in the game, did not practice yesterday and had an MRI, so either he is hurt for real or Shaw is playing the long con really well. Gardner went down with an apparent stinger (which hurts like hell) but had the benefit of a TV timeout to get it worked on.

I am happy to admit Harbaugh did it. But, I just don't see it either in the tape or in the players they chose to do it with in the situation they did it in. It makes no logical sense. If it is found out that they did fake them, then I will openly admit my shame and call coach and bitch him out.

Show me any evidence of a Shaw led team doing that to Oregon in the last 2 years. I only remember 3 injuries on the Stanford side in the last two match-up's.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The shitty part is that it involves Randy Hart, the man was a god up here during the James era, pretty frickn sad when an old ball coach has stoop that low......

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday Night:

Saturday:

Stanford @ Utah + 9 1/2

33-28 Oregon

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba- I will openly admit I have seen the tape of CT against O under Harbaugh and it was weak sauce. Harbaugh has done a ton of stuff that are not Stanford behaviors (such as going for two just to hang 50 on someone).

I have not seen any evidence of Shaw encouraging or allowing people to fake injuries. I have watched the tape and seen the videos. Skov took a helmet to his surgically repaired knee and hyper extended it. He sat out 3 plays in the game, did not practice yesterday and had an MRI, so either he is hurt for real or Shaw is playing the long con really well. Gardner went down with an apparent stinger (which hurts like hell) but had the benefit of a TV timeout to get it worked on.

I am happy to admit Harbaugh did it. But, I just don't see it either in the tape or in the players they chose to do it with in the situation they did it in. It makes no logical sense. If it is found out that they did fake them, then I will openly admit my shame and call coach and bitch him out.

Show me any evidence of a Shaw led team doing that to Oregon in the last 2 years. I only remember 3 injuries on the Stanford side in the last two match-up's.

Watched the game and saw the injuries. Imo, if those players were faking, then Stanford has an excellent drama program and their players are getting A's in the class!!

Status
Not open for further replies.