• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our 2014 class is loaded already... anything else added to it is just a bonus at this point. I think we'll get at least one more 4 star.

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found a bug in my rankings that was causing the crazy's. Some games weren't being credited properly due to a loading bug with the new data. Was hard to notice due to last years data not having the bug, so it camo'd itself into the transition. Fixed it and things make much better sense now.

Pac12 now seen as the 2nd best conference top to bottom - which I think pretty much matches public opinion(and mine).

Stanford now #1
Oregon #5.

Still likes ASU though, has them #11.
Washington comes in #23, which I think is fair, maybe a tad low.

Isn't buying into the UCLA hype the previously bugged result was, going from #5 down to #34

Utah #35
Oregon St #43
USC #46
Why does your program have Utah above OR St? OR St beat them already.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys just blow your scholarships to early now you won't have a chance at some big name players.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona has some good gets in it's class, but they had to strike early with the recruits this year because while RichRod has got the offense going, there is still a tremendous amount of work to be done on the D side, and they are very thin at many positions there, especially D backfield. They are taking 6 CBs this class.

Sark can be pickier this class because we won't be taking 24-25 this year. More like 16 to 18.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona has some good gets in it's class, but they had to strike early with the recruits this year because while RichRod has got the offense going, there is still a tremendous amount of work to be done on the D side, and they are very thin at many positions there, especially D backfield. They are taking 6 CBs this class.

Sark can be pickier this class because we won't be taking 24-25 this year. More like 16 to 18.

Offensive players all want to play for Rich rod they got 3 offensive transfers Connor Brewer, Devonte Neal, and that 5 star wr from Texas. There class is great but defense will always be an issue with Rich Rod. He just doesn't care for it.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big lesson learned from Graham other than Strong and Randall all the JC pick ups have been disappointing. "If we could go out and get the best JC players why wouldn't we?" It doesn't always work that way the 2012 class JC transfers everyone contributed and everyone played well. Harddison had offers every where and he's playing like a scrub. I hope we settle down with all the JC pickups.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Utah didn't get their asses kicked by a FCS school.

4d20, you got time to tally up the pickems?

My head is killing me. Pre birthday drinking last night.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team running out of scholarships this early has a pretty shitty class most likely. The big 'gets' don't come until the end of the year normally. The teams with only a few recruits in the class so far are probably in on a lot of big name talent.

They have a few studs in their class right now but if you look at the offer sheets most of their commits don't have any other BCS offers.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4d20, you got time to tally up the pickems?

My head is killing me. Pre birthday drinking last night.

Not today sorry, maybe later tonight. Got a bunch of errands to run here in less than an hour.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big lesson learned from Graham other than Strong and Randall all the JC pick ups have been disappointing. "If we could go out and get the best JC players why wouldn't we?" It doesn't always work that way the 2012 class JC transfers everyone contributed and everyone played well. Harddison had offers every where and he's playing like a scrub. I hope we settle down with all the JC pickups.

Other than the dropped INT Randall, Strong, and Nelson were the long bright spots last game. All JC guys. Kansas State built their program around JC transfers. We'll start seeing less and less of them as we start building more depth but with how thin Erickson left the team we had to focus on JC players in the last two classes. We'd be a 6-6 team without them.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found a bug in my rankings that was causing the crazy's. Some games weren't being credited properly due to a loading bug with the new data. Was hard to notice due to last years data not having the bug, so it camo'd itself into the transition. Fixed it and things make much better sense now.

Pac12 now seen as the 2nd best conference top to bottom - which I think pretty much matches public opinion(and mine).

Stanford now #1
Oregon #5.

Still likes ASU though, has them #11.
Washington comes in #23, which I think is fair, maybe a tad low.

Isn't buying into the UCLA hype the previously bugged result was, going from #5 down to #34

Utah #35
Oregon St #43
USC #46
While I appreciate all your hard work 4d20 IMO Stanford's too high, Oregon's too low. ASU at No. 11 is absurd! Washington and UCLA rankings are a joke way too low. Utah is about right, Oregon State is too low right now but might end up being about right in the end and sorry tf12, USC is way too high. Man the Trojans lost in a bye week and I'm serious! The only way that happens is when you lose your HC during the season and it's the bye week!

I guess that's the problem with rolling last years numbers into the current year.

When do those stats purge?

Week 7 or something?

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I appreciate all your hard work 4d20 IMO Stanford's too high, Oregon's too low. ASU at No. 11 is absurd! Washington and UCLA rankings are a joke way too low. Utah is about right, Oregon State is too low right now but might end up being about right in the end and sorry tf12, USC is way too high. Man the Trojans lost in a bye week and I'm serious! The only way that happens is when you lose your HC during the season and it's the bye week!

I guess that's the problem with rolling last years numbers into the current year.

Week 7 or something?

Good stuff Mike...and not to mention, looks like his program ways to heavily on my Beavers for losing a nail biter the 1st game of the week to EWU. I always like to see the progression of a team thruout a given year and not so muck on 1 loss to a D2 club. Bad loss, yes...end of a season? No.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Week 7 or something?

Most people seem to think that USC gained by firing Kiffin and doing it on a bye week gives the team time to adjust. Everything that is being reported so far is positive, so I'm not sure that I agree with your assessment.

I think that Thursday night will tell us alot. We have our first Thursday night game in the BCS era vs. a team that should be very beatable (of course, I thought WSU was very beatable) and reports are that the team is very upbeat and excited (Orgeron's influence).

Despite the fact that I have defended Kiffin in the past, it can't be denied that there was alot of media fed negative energy surrounding the program and fair or not, it centered around him. Letting him go seems to have removed much of that negativity.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF12!! is this weeks winner.

Congrats to TrojanFan12!! this weeks pickem winner!! He edged out 5 others with a tiebreaker picking Stanford to win but UW to cover (Stanford 28 UW 24)!!

Heck of a job TF12!!

TF12!! 4-1 S 28 W 24

WizardHawk 4-1
4down20 4-1
Regent 4-1
yeodonie 4-1
DayMan 4-1
OlyDuck 3-2
VitaMike 3-2
NotNeutral 3-2
UtahUte 2-3
963BUSC 2-3
ArizonaSting 2-3
WhiteMamba 2-3
NativeWebfoot 2-3

Champs thus far.

Week 1 Mamba Duck
Week 2 yeodonie Duck
Week 3 Mamba Duck
Week 4 DayMan Husky
Week 5 Native Webfoot Beaver
Week 6 TrojanFan12!! Trojan

Last edited by a moderator:

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to TrojanFan12!! this weeks pickem winner!! He edged out 5 others with a tiebreaker picking Stanford to win but UW to cover (Stanford 28 UW 24)!!

Heck of a job TF12!!

TF12!! 4-1 S 28 W 24

WizardHawk 4-1
4down20 4-1
Regent 4-1
yeodonie 4-1
DayMan 4-1
OlyDuck 3-2
VitaMike 3-2
NotNeutral 3-2
UtahUte 2-3
963BUSC 2-3
ArizonaSting 2-3
WhiteMamba 2-3
NativeWebfoot 2-3

Champs thus far.

Week 1 Mamba Duck
Week 2 yeodonie Duck
Week 3 Mamba Duck
Week 4 DayMan Husky
Week 5 Native Webfoot Beaver
Week 6 TrojanFan12!! Trojan

Congratulations TrojanFan12 - you help even out the embarrassment of my abysmal picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.