• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real question here because my memory isn't what it once was, but when was the last time Oregon put a QB of any starting relevance in the NFL? Wasn't Joey supposed to be the next big NFL QB from there? I honestly can't recall any that have been starters. Can you all help me out?

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba, did you let Wallace out of his cage again? C'mon man....

retard.gif

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real question here because my memory isn't what it once was, but when was the last time Oregon put a QB of any starting relevance in the NFL? Wasn't Joey supposed to be the next big NFL QB from there? I honestly can't recall any that have been starters. Can you all help me out?

Kellen Clemens

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not even google knows the answer to that riddle.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Harrington the following QBs have had at least 1 start in the NFL.

Joey Harrington
Kellen Clemens
Dennis Dixon

The ones following Dixon....

Masoli - Not an NFL style QB obviously

Darron Thomas - Not an NFL style QB

Marcus Mariota - Will be in the NFL and probably for the Eagles next season.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kellen Clemens

Oh, I'm sorry I thought I asked for STARTING relevance. I see he has 1 completion in the last two years.

Has there been a QB since Dan Fouts that had any clout in the NFL at QB?

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, please lets put some perspective. So I will clarify for you. Mariota has more rushing yards than the ENTIRE BEAVERS TEAM......And he has yet to play a full game.

Clear enough for you?

We know that. That's why you schedule the cream puffs you do. And you should have more rushing yards than the entire PAC 12 against that competition. Be poetic justice if the Beavers jumped up and bit you on the rear. You and that mouth would disappear in a hurry. Why don't you pick on a man when he's down?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Harrington the following QBs have had at least 1 start in the NFL.

Joey Harrington
Kellen Clemens
Dennis Dixon

The ones following Dixon....

Masoli - Not an NFL style QB obviously

Darron Thomas - Not an NFL style QB

Marcus Mariota - Will be in the NFL and probably for the Eagles next season.

You forgetting about Akili Smith paved the way for Oregon Busts!

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, please lets put some perspective. So I will clarify for you. Mariota has more rushing yards than the ENTIRE BEAVERS TEAM......And he has yet to play a full game.

Clear enough for you?

Yep clear enuff... MM can ramble thru dogshit defenses, but wait till he plays a disiplined team that knows how to contain...CLEAR ENUFF for you now?:laugh3:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'm sorry I thought I asked for STARTING relevance. I see he has 1 completion in the last two years.

Has there been a QB since Dan Fouts that had any clout in the NFL at QB?

Well since Oregon has changed systems, that system is just NOW getting up to the NFL level. So the recent QBs at UofO haven't been NFL quality. I think that changes with Mariota.

But what about UW? Jake Locker?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is Oregon hasn't been known for it's NFL caliber QB's for decades whether they win or not. Not saying MM has to follow in those footsteps, but I recall other Oregon fans telling us some of your other recent QB's were guaranteed starters in the NFL. Maybe he is your Jake Locker where a kid with lots of talent, but not a high percentage passer can be fixed at the next level, but we will see.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since Oregon has changed systems, that system is just NOW getting up to the NFL level. So the recent QBs at UofO haven't been NFL quality. I think that changes with Mariota.

Locker was playing great until injury.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an honest question though. Is Locker the last top level NFL QB UW has produced in last 20 years?

Tuiasaisopo tried for a couple years with Oakland, but like many Oakland QBs that didn't work out.

Huard didn't do anything in NFL did he?

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep clear enuff... MM can ramble thru dogshit defenses, but wait till he plays a disiplined team that knows how to contain...CLEAR ENUFF for you now?:laugh3:

Do you remember last year when he ran through, around and over just about everybody? Stanford was the only team to really keep him down. At least MM wont have to worry about the Disciplined Team you speak about in the Civil War. Ducks by 50 in that one.

Go kidnap a sheep you Bieber fan

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jake didn't run the pro style either and had to be 'fixed' at the next level. He is just now getting up to where Wilson, RGII, Luck, etc came into the league at and was really playing very well until he got hurt this season.

But go back to when UW was winning as many games as your program did over a 10 year period and UW had 8 QB's in the league at one time including several starters. Brunell? Chandler? Moon? There were a few, but yes they didn't play an option kind of offense.

Does playing the read zone hurt a QB coming into the league given that it seems teams are starting to shy away from it again at the NFL level given the rule changes that now leaves QB's running it wide open to big hits even after handing off the ball? Maybe MM goes and finds some success. I don't claim to know more about it than the experts, but they have been very wrong on QB's many many times.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba, did you let Wallace out of his cage again? C'mon man....

retard.gif

Spare me the "peabro rage syndrom" and put on your "bigboy pants" son..I know being a transplant from the bay area is a far cry now that your living somewhere up in Oregon, but really....asking for a bailout from big bro is a laugher...how them A's doing, just asking cuz I see me Pyratz are rollin up the Cards now in the NL. Terrific basaballa story going on there...knowing your a baseball fan and all.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you speaking of the system Chip Kelly is using? I thought the Eagles would draft DAT first, speed you know.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an honest question though. Is Locker the last top level NFL QB UW has produced in last 20 years?

Tuiasaisopo tried for a couple years with Oakland, but like many Oakland QBs that didn't work out.

Huard didn't do anything in NFL did he?

Not sure it's fair to compare how many QB's UW put in the league while they were down compared to your program while they have been winning 9+ games a year over the last decade plus. Bad teams don't put starters in the league often. Never expected tui to make it in the pros as he was an option QB and there were no running QB's when he came out. If he came out today he would be a starter somewhere, but times change don't they?

Stanback and Pickett were the last two that went to the league before Jake. Isaiah ended up a backup mostly and switched to TE while Pickett played for a few teams and moved to canada where he is still playing I believe.

Brunell had a great career winning a SB and lots of awards. Hasn't been out of the league long enough to be HOF eligible and I have no idea if he qualifies, but it's possible.

We all know Moon's history and his HOF career.

Status
Not open for further replies.