• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake didn't run the pro style either and had to be 'fixed' at the next level. He is just now getting up to where Wilson, RGII, Luck, etc came into the league at and was really playing very well until he got hurt this season.

But go back to when UW was winning as many games as your program did over a 10 year period and UW had 8 QB's in the league at one time including several starters. Brunell? Chandler? Moon? There were a few, but yes they didn't play an option kind of offense.

Does playing the read zone hurt a QB coming into the league given that it seems teams are starting to shy away from it again at the NFL level given the rule changes that now leaves QB's running it wide open to big hits even after handing off the ball? Maybe MM goes and finds some success. I don't claim to know more about it than the experts, but they have been very wrong on QB's many many times.

My opinion is that you may see more of the read option style QBs in the league in the future. But as far as the argument of who has put more QBs in the NFL, I wont really comment much. I know the Ducks track record with that. But after the draft, of course I wish them well, but I am much more of a fan of the entire program, not so much the individuals. Of course I have my favorites, but sometimes those gritty favorites we all love just don't pan out. I was a huge fan of guys like Terrence Whitehead, Matt Smith, Tony Hartley, etc. Look at USC for example lately, not the best teams at all, but they are still an NFL factory. Still putting guys in the league.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you remember last year when he ran through, around and over just about everybody? Stanford was the only team to really keep him down. At least MM wont have to worry about the Disciplined Team you speak about in the Civil War. Ducks by 50 in that one.

Go kidnap a sheep you Bieber fan

Can't...We @ State rent the sheep out to all those parties going on down in Eugene...have been for years, pays better than shearing them for wool, you probably have bedded down with several since arriving up here. "What happens in Eugene, stays in Eugene"...cept for the bills that have to be paid up in Corvallis of course. Don't worry, your secrets are safe.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spare me the "peabro rage syndrom" and put on your "bigboy pants" son..I know being a transplant from the bay area is a far cry now that your living somewhere up in Oregon, but really....asking for a bailout from big bro is a laugher...how them A's doing, just asking cuz I see me Pyratz are rollin up the Cards now in the NL. Terrific basaballa story going on there...knowing your a baseball fan and all.

Go Oakland......I would love a Pittsburg Oakland World Series.

And Im not asking for help, I am making a joke at your expense.

:suds:

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK Pac 12ers, I am off to bed. I will be in Chicago for an important meeting until Tuesday night. Wish me luck, this could be a "game changer" for me.

Take care everyone, peace be with you and all of that shit...

LETS GO OAKLAND!!!!!!!

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK Pac 12ers, I am off to bed. I will be in Chicago for an important meeting until Tuesday night. Wish me luck, this could be a "game changer" for me.

Take care everyone, peace be with you and all of that shit...

LETS GO OAKLAND!!!!!!!

Don't miss the chance to walk around the south side at night. Its a thrill.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep clear enuff... MM can ramble thru dogshit defenses, but wait till he plays a disiplined team that knows how to contain...CLEAR ENUFF for you now?:laugh3:

mrwallace, you're wasting your breath on Mr. Shaver... knows how to contain, knows how to make them pay and the rules will allow it. Can't wait.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Feeley?

Well he did have a few starts as he backed up some guys who were injury prone, but didn't he fail to ever win a starting role and ended his career with more INT's than TD's?

Just looked it up and he finished with a QB rating of 69. Ouch.

Still, he did make the league and stayed around as a backup for a while so I guess you can count him. Not sure that's really a starter of relevance, but close enough. :noidea:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know that. That's why you schedule the cream puffs you do. And you should have more rushing yards than the entire PAC 12 against that competition. Be poetic justice if the Beavers jumped up and bit you on the rear. You and that mouth would disappear in a hurry. Why don't you pick on a man when he's down?
Please everyone schedules this way
ASU had Sac State this season
Northern Arizona, Missouri and Illinois last year
UC Davis Missouri and Illinois the year before
Portland State, Northern Arizona in 2010? at least oregon never had 2 FCS schools in 1 season.
Idaho and ULM in 09
Northern Arizona and UNLV in 08 and they lost to UNLV?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland State, Northern Arizona in 2010? at least oregon never had 2 FCS schools in 1 season.
Idaho and ULM in 09

Yea but your a top notch program, you shouldn't be scheduling cup cake teams on your schedule.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the worry over ASU, Mike? If we lose to Washington (and we will if they play like they did last night) and both games on the road, not likely, that'll give us four losses. You're about to go against Washington, Stanford and Oregon. Doesn't matter where you play them, that will give you three losses. You must believe your appearance in the CCG the last two years was due to superior play? So the winner in the South will have more than one loss for sure. So where do you need to improve? What that does mean is if we do improve at all, we'll be playing you for the South title and the CCG. And if we don't improve, anyone can get lucky. Just look at your comeback in Lincoln after going down 21. ASU leaves the boasting to the Ducks and Dawgs and I guess now we'll hear it from top ten (for now) UCLA. But somebody, everybody maybe, has to fall. Notre Dame was the best team we've played this year, likely better than anyone we've yet to play and they were ready. Maybe they exploited some of our weaknesses that others won't or can't. Out first goal was to win at least three of our first five. We did that. Now we're after the South title. If we don't make it, we still appreciate your concern and advice. If we do, we'll owe you one. So your concern about us might be misplaced.
Worries?
lol2.gif

Hey, just backed the kid some after you felt the need to dump on him after he stated Washington was better than ASU and you know, I think he's probably right.

Anyway, I thought I'd have some fun and take this one on in bits...

If we lose to Washington (and we will if they play like they did last night) and both games on the road, not likely, that'll give us four losses.
You totally missed the point.

I gave a scenario that backs up Jahii Carson's comment even if you beat em in a couple of weeks, IMO. You guys are truly making a push in the South/PAC12 however as I pointed out, Washington can win on the road and this has been your team's achilles’ heel so far this year and has been the same problem for you guys in years past.

You're about to go against Washington, Stanford and Oregon. Doesn't matter where you play them, that will give you three losses.
Three losses?

I think we get at minimum 1 of 3. I'm not sure which one of the three is our best chance, probably Washington at home but who knows we could do better we have yet to play our best game. It would be really cool if we go to Autzen undefeated! It would make for an epic PAC12 game but for now the focus is on big brother at home.
You must believe your appearance in the CCG the last two years was due to superior play?
giggle.gif

So the winner in the South will have more than one loss for sure.
Until we lose one, I wont concede that!
yahoo.gif

The way things are set up right now, if we somehow run the table and beat No. 5 and No. 2, there is no reason to think a CCG win puts us in the NTG!

That alone is more than I had to hang my hat on on in a real, real, real long time as a Bruins fan! So I'm not gonna let your comments change that!
So where do you need to improve?
Penalties, Run Defense and Defensive 3rd down conversions.
What that does mean is if we do improve at all, we'll be playing you for the South title and the CCG. And if we don't improve, anyone can get lucky. Just look at your comeback in Lincoln after going down 21.
So you're really saying that our win in Lincoln was luck?
giggle.gif

You really must of not watched that game. It was an emotional game for us and we had a hard time getting out of our own way early, once we settled in, we played our game and dominated even after being down 21.
ASU leaves the boasting to the Ducks and Dawgs and I guess now we'll hear it from top ten (for now) UCLA.
NN you're the one who started bashing one of your fellow fans for making a realistic statement and I haven't boasted at all on this thread, I've certainly kept my hopes high and think we have a good enough team and coaching staff to make this an interesting season and until we lose one I'll dream of a NT just like any fan of any undefeated AQ team.
But somebody, everybody maybe, has to fall. Notre Dame was the best team we've played this year, likely better than anyone we've yet to play and they were ready. Maybe they exploited some of our weaknesses that others won't or can't. Out first goal was to win at least three of our first five. We did that. Now we're after the South title. If we don't make it, we still appreciate your concern and advice. If we do, we'll owe you one.So your concern about us might be misplaced.
lol2.gif
Again it was simply an observation and response to you calling one of yours a midget mind.

Cheers!

~ Vita

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but your a top notch program, you shouldn't be scheduling cup cake teams on your schedule.

please, they will tell you that they did schedule a real team that backed out so they were 'forced' to take nicholls state (wink wink). Kind of like they used 'recruiting' services to just be introduced to players (wink wink). Don't you know the company line by now? :rollseyes:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is?

Mariota has zero Turnovers.

His numbers are better than all the other contenders.

Johnny Football has 4 picks.

Would you rather your QB have a 65% with 4 picks, or 57% with zero picks?
Um let me think about this one, is his 65% completion rate a little higher because he completed 4 passes to the other teams? :laugh3:

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idaho and ULM in 09

In 2010 we didn't have Portland State scheduled but someone bailed on us I forget who and they were the only team available at the last minute. It cost us a bowl game that year....well B1G refs cost us a bowl game but don't tell Wisconsin fans that :whistle:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For asu_08
I got this in an email.

Sun Devil Football As a season ticket holder, we want you to be among the first to know about important information impacting Sun Devil Athletics. Later this evening we will be announcing that the north end zone upper deck of Sun Devil Stadium will be removed at the conclusion of the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl this December. The upper concourse, loge and lower bowl seating will not be impacted at this time. Your season tickets WILL NOT BE impacted in any way.
The removal of the north end zone upper deck seating is the first step in the improvement process of Sun Devil Stadium and gives us additional flexibility for future planning. Although the north end zone removal was part of the full scale renovation project, this is a solo project not tied to that renovation plan. However, the renovation of Sun Devil Stadium is still in our future plans.
The removal of the north end zone opens the stadium up, furthers the development of Rio Salado, better integrates with the athletics district, and the louder, more intimate atmosphere will enhance the game day experience.
The full press release will be available on thesundevils.com later this evening. For more information, please visit the Frequently Asked Questionspage on our website.

Copyright 2013, Sun Devil Athletics. The team names, logos, and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the team indicated. No logos, photographs or graphics may be reproduced without written permission. All rights reserved. Sun Devil Athletics PO Box 872505 Tempe, Arizona 85287-2505.
Please do not reply to this email. Questions or comments may be sent to: [email protected].

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got that too. It makes sense. Should hopefully speed up renovations whenever they decide to do them.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got that too. It makes sense. Should hopefully speed up renovations whenever they decide to do them.

They are doing a horrible job of telling the season ticket holders/ fans of what time the renovations will happen and what the stadium will look like during and after the renovations. Truly a poor job. What do you expect though? Its Michael Crow.

Status
Not open for further replies.