• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official Hold On To Your Asses, It's Draft Day, Thread

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a preferred walk-on offensive lineman at Michigan, Glasgow didn’t consider an NFL future until this past season until Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh and offensive line coach/offensive coordinator Tim Drevno began pounding it into his head.
“It was something that they were not really putting on me but I felt like it was a stamp of approval of sorts and that meant a lot to me,” Glasgow said.

Drevno’s first year at Michigan changed everything for Glasgow, having a coach who worked three years in the NFL and knew what was necessary to get there.

“What helped me out a lot with him was just the type of stuff that he made me learn that I hadn’t ever had to know with coach (Brady) Hoke and the other guys,” Glasgow said of his first four years, playing under offensive line coach Darrell Funk. “Which was identifying the nickel and learning some formations in some instances and knowing what that means for front you can see and linebackers alignments. ... A lot of teams are very impressed with what I know about the game and a lot of that just came this past year with the new coaches

BB_72; gives you some insight into how little these kids are being taught at the college level. right coach at right time to give him proper tutelage
NFL draft: U-M OL Graham Glasgow selling self to teams

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reiff, Tomlinson, and Decker are first rounders. Warford, Glasgow, and Swanson are 3rd rounders. We should have no excuses for our skill players.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lineman, MI a kid, Harbaugh kid. I'll take it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I feel he can replace Swanson? Yes! Just thought there was better on the board. Two glaring needs for offense have been addressed.

Is Quinn looking to run the rock? Scary part is Swanson will likely be a interior backup.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm impressed with BQ so far. I really like what he has done for the trenches.

adding Decker should be huge for the OL, imo. many in here aren't so thrilled with that pick being what is now considered as only a RT but I think that changes come 2017

If A'Sawn gets his act together he could become a very young Ngata or possibly better.

Glasgow surprised me some as he needs some technique issues cleaned up and to get stronger but I still like the pick overall.

TRENCHES, TRENCHES, TRENCHES

never would have seen this from Mayhew. He would have drafted Treadwell at #16

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a preferred walk-on offensive lineman at Michigan, Glasgow didn’t consider an NFL future until this past season until Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh and offensive line coach/offensive coordinator Tim Drevno began pounding it into his head.
“It was something that they were not really putting on me but I felt like it was a stamp of approval of sorts and that meant a lot to me,” Glasgow said.

Drevno’s first year at Michigan changed everything for Glasgow, having a coach who worked three years in the NFL and knew what was necessary to get there.

“What helped me out a lot with him was just the type of stuff that he made me learn that I hadn’t ever had to know with coach (Brady) Hoke and the other guys,” Glasgow said of his first four years, playing under offensive line coach Darrell Funk. “Which was identifying the nickel and learning some formations in some instances and knowing what that means for front you can see and linebackers alignments. ... A lot of teams are very impressed with what I know about the game and a lot of that just came this past year with the new coaches

BB_72; gives you some insight into how little these kids are being taught at the college level. right coach at right time to give him proper tutelage
NFL draft: U-M OL Graham Glasgow selling self to teams

To add to that BB... Shows his high IQ to soak all that in from one season of solid coaching. Now see what else he soak in at OTAs.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been telling ya that would be the best $309,736.00 dead money I ever saw.

yes, you have. it's been weeks of you stating this. I concur that it should happen but probably won't until after pre-season.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reiff, Tomlinson, and Decker are first rounders. Warford, Glasgow, and Swanson are 3rd rounders. We should have no excuses for our skill players.

I really like what JBC did adjusting to his OL guys mid season. I know every one hates Reiff, but he was much better after dick nuts got fired. That scheme change made Swanson look serviceable and he fucking blows.

Yes you're correct, no excuses now.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to that BB... Shows his high IQ to soak all that in from one season of solid coaching. Now see what else he soak in at OTAs.

I've been saving this article just to prove a point that ALL CFB COACHES ARE NOT EXCELLENT. You can clearly see what is in print by Glasgow that the right coach can make a huge difference. He threw Daryl Funk under the bus but I had been saying for years that something wasn't right when UofM had been getting 4-5 star recruits and their OL failed miserably. It never made sense to me that it was all shitty over-rated recruits. It was the OL coach

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know every one hates Reiff

not everyone.
He's serviceable and better than what the majority are willing to believe. Scheme to players strenghts is huge advantage for players. use the wrong scheme and it backfires.

I've stated Reiff not being here next year for the sole purpose he's been told repeatedly that he's a RT/RG and this orginaztion has wanted to move him there if the opportunity provided itself. Why not test FA in 2017 and get the most $$$ that you can and play for another team that wants him at LT. It could and probably will happen. I sure as hell wouldn't stay some place listening to all that chatter for 4 years and now coming up on 5 years.

Any talks of extensions won't come up until after draft, min-camps and June OTA's. If the Lions are even remotely interested in keeping him then that will come to fruition quickly. If not then you'll know what to expect for next year.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not liking no LBs as of yet. I do not want to see Tully in a Lions uni this spring.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Reiff he needs to be extended we aren't going to do any better without it being a high pick. decker is better suited to the right side

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jason Peters was a UDFA. Matt Birk was a 6th rounder. The lions aren't the only team in the NFL that have spent early mutiple picks on their OL that haven't worked as well as the FO/Coaches or fans wanted. Might want to check out Pittsburgh. Rothlisberger makes them look better at times and at other times worse than what they are. He'll hold onto the ball far longer than many QB's.

people naturally expect more out of 1st rounders and almost but not quite the same from 3rd round prospects. Players not living up to their expections can be part of scouting, GM, coaches getting wrong.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not liking no LBs as of yet. I do not want to see Tully in a Lions uni this spring.

I guess he's my trade waiting to happen.

how many 6th round picks do we have to give up to another team to take him ?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
decker is better suited to the right side

that's exactly what they side about Reiff and look what he's been able to do for 3 years. no sarcasm here on my part.

Don't put it past your belief that Decker can't be a LT.