• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Easy to Hate/Blame/Clickbate Article: Jay Cutler

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 practices is a start... and I gotta ask- would it be meaningless if he was throwing 3 picks a day? OR would the vultures and asshats be commenting on that each and every day? Hmmm double standard?
Ha... love it.

*he'll probably throw at least one on Thursday night and the vultures and asshats will get their chance to throw their stones and "I told you so's"- and when he doesn't and plays well I'll be right there with my own.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I wouldn't care if he was throwing 0 or 3 picks a day. You can be forgiven for not knowing this about me, but as I say every single year, it's virtually impossible to draw any meaningful conclusions whatsoever from the preseason for most of us fans. My only hope for any preseason is no one gets hurt, the coaches figure out what their plan is, and, I guess now I need to add, no one socks one of our starters in the jaw over $600. My needs are simple.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Here, this is easy for me, I'll make you this promise Joey. Cutler can even throw two interceptions on his only two drives Thursday. I won't say a peep about it. Among other things, I'm not even going to watch the game, because I consider watching preseason games as nothing more than an exercise into fans deluding themselves into thinking they are gaining some insight into the future of the team. I totally get it that we are all excited and football starved, but there's nothing more meaningless than watching a preseason game as anything other than itch scratching.

Cue the annual "are preseason games important" argument in 3...2...1...

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Itch scratching is not meaningless...at all. It serves a purpose

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 practices is a start... and I gotta ask- would it be meaningless if he was throwing 3 picks a day? OR would the vultures and asshats be commenting on that each and every day? Hmmm double standard?
Ha... love it.

*he'll probably throw at least one on Thursday night and the vultures and asshats will get their chance to throw their stones and "I told you so's"- and when he doesn't and plays well I'll be right there with my own.

That would probably be pretty bad, since he might play two series.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here, this is easy for me, I'll make you this promise Joey. Cutler can even throw two interceptions on his only two drives Thursday. I won't say a peep about it. Among other things, I'm not even going to watch the game, because I consider watching preseason games as nothing more than an exercise into fans deluding themselves into thinking they are gaining some insight into the future of the team. I totally get it that we are all excited and football starved, but there's nothing more meaningless than watching a preseason game as anything other than itch scratching.

Cue the annual "are preseason games important" argument in 3...2...1...

I used to really like preseason games. I remember years ago when a running back that did not even make the team was referred to by mike ditka as stopping on a dime and leaving 9 cents change. Last year we saw Zach Miller simply dominate when he played. It was more fun for me watching these players that will be in Arena football doing better than said starters. Of course the armchair quarterbacks put out the playing against their arena team too, but sometimes you watch and a veteran is the one being made look stupid out there. At least this year, I think we can expect more starters playing offensively in the later preseason games, no more of the bullshit of gotta hide what we are really going to be doing. Well, at least that was the case with Pay-a-ton in Denver. He played late in to some of the games. I guess we see if that follows Fox from Denver or that was Mannings call of running the offense.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay-Cutler-pick-6-590x341.jpg

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, at this point everybody who follows NFL football knows who Jay Cutler is and has formed some sort of opinion on him. The general feeling among the masses is he’s a highly talented thrower of the football but comes up shorts as an actual quarterback, being too reckless at times that leads to constant turnover problems (lead league in 2014 with 24).

There are also those who hate him because he just rubs them the wrong way. He’s always scowling during games and is always seen either yelling at teammates or sulking on the bench. They feel the guy just doesn’t know how to have fun, and that’s not who they want leading the Chicago Bears.

CBS Sports writer Pete Prisco believes this preconception is not only wrong, but also has led the 32-year to taking way too much of the blame for teams’ recent struggles.

When I asked Cutler about all the negative talk, and his status as the most-persecuted quarterback in the league, he laughed loudly.

“I think I used to (let it bother me),” he said. “Now I am at a point where I really like the coaches I am with. I like the players in the locker room. That’s where my concentration is each and every day, just trying to get better with those guys. That’s all I can worry about.”

Cutler is once again learning a new system, now on his fifth coordinator in seven years in Adam Gase. The Cutler rippers will say he’s the reason, that he’s a coach killer.

The truth is that while he’s been benched for Jimmy Clausen (last year) and had a city craving Josh McCown as a long-term solution when he replaced Cutler in 2013, Cutler is far from the only reason for the coaching turnstile.

The defense was woeful last season, which forced the Bears to play from behind a lot. Cutler threw 256 passes trailing and 106 when trailing by nine or more points. For reference, Russell Wilson of Seattle threw 54 passes while trailing by nine or more points — counting the postseason. Then there’s this notion that Cutler threw a lot of first-quarter picks to put the Bears in a hole. He threw three last season. Three.

Jay is not free from guilt for what happened last season. Despite his 3,800 passing yards and 30 touchdowns he was still too careless with the football. If he is ever going to get people off his back he has to find a way to curb that problem. After all, it will be much more manageable for the Bears to cut him in 2016 if they wish, gaining them $4 million in salary cap space rather than the $13 million penalty they would’ve incurred had they done it this year.

The key to that is how he meshes with new offensive coordinator Adam Gase. He was with the Denver Broncos back in 2008 when Jay went to his first and only Pro Bowl and feels the way they can bring that form back is through communication but also something that seemed to vanished the last few year. Actually enjoy playing the game.

“He’s heading in that direction,” Gase said. “I can already tell. We have open communication. He’s not afraid to come talk to me. That’s what you want.”

Gase gave Cutler an important message earlier this year during one of their first talks.

“Let’s have some fun,” Gase told him before the season. “Enjoy playing football again.”

That seems to be the case. Cutler appeared to be having fun.

“I remember at Denver he was a third-year player when he was really enjoying the game,” Gase said. “I don’t know if he lost that somewhere, but that’s one of our goals, to enjoy playing the game, to enjoy playing quarterback, enjoy playing with your teammates and enjoy the game-planning and playing games. It’s fun. He should enjoy it more.”

Jay Cutler has earned some of the criticism he receives daily, but the rampant hate machine that has been built and upgraded around his body language and personality have gone a little too over the top. This season should just be about judging what he does on the field because that is what will decide the ultimate fate of the Chicago Bears in 2015........

Copyright......someone someone

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just about to post this same article. Thanks. It's exactly how I feel.

C

cubzzzfanincali

"I love you man"??? haha, wow, ok. Journalism can be very arousing, no doubt. Not as much as leomaz's old leather costume (hey dude, why did you ditch that avatar?), but stimulating nonetheless. Free love, people!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldn't resist.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I love you man"??? haha, wow, ok. Journalism can be very arousing, no doubt. Not as much as leomaz's old leather costume (hey dude, why did you ditch that avatar?), but stimulating nonetheless. Free love, people!
It is what it is Cubbzz......take it for what its worth and move on. I think I'll keep the avatar a bit longer now. Thanks. ......on to Cincinnati for the 3rd preseason game.

What, are some kind of freaking fairy?**

**Frank Barone......Everybody Loves Raymond

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler and the Offense as a whole HAVE to do better. Period. Slow starts, pre-snap penalties, down and distance failures, turnovers, 3 and outs and just stale-looking offense in general. Has to improve DRAMATICALLY. No longer are the dominant defenses of 05' en sech, around. The O has to do better and that starts and ends with Cutler.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watching the preseason game against the colts and Cutler actually put himself in danger and went for a TD.

It's a preseason game, so in a way it was kind of like wtf are you doing, but on the other hand maybe he actually wants to win this year.

Of course, called back for a damn holding.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watching the preseason game against the colts and Cutler actually put himself in danger and went for a TD.

It's a preseason game, so in a way it was kind of like wtf are you doing, but on the other hand maybe he actually wants to win this year.

Of course, called back for a damn holding.

Had a great throw outside containment that was called back too.