• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way we could afford Hall and Schenn. Would have had to have been on or the other. Risky business when known chemistry exists with Schenn and G/Couts. Also, Schenn will be cheaper and provide more flexibility moving forward.
We give up Read and Delzotto and its a wash money wise.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys stole him nice trade. Wish we were more involved in those talks.
I thought the Yakapov for a third rumor was a joke. The Hall trade blindsided me yesterday. The old Atlantic division teams are shaping up great. Theres going to be a lot of exciting hockey in our futures imo

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We give up Read and Delzotto and its a wash money wise.
Yeah, but Del Zotto on final year of deal coming off season ending injury. Larrson still has 5 years left. Read + Del Zotto is less attractive then Larrson in my opinion and it is a consensus that NJ won this trade. Like it or not, Read is dead weight right now. All Flyers fans want to unload him in every deal. That to me says he is not sought after as a commodity for other teams.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of had to do with Hall's cap hit and Edmonton needing to move it before Friday, while also finding someone that had the space and wasn't enamored with the FA market.
I may never get Edmonton all that talent and it seems like they sputter their tires every year. I expected them to make a move for cap. I didn't expect it to be hall. And I think they could have gotten more. Larsson is a great young defensemen with upside. But he's not on Halls level. I may also be concerned with the trade if i was an oilers fan. Larsson was awful when Deboer didn't handle his development well and gets discouraged. He sounded misarable in his interview yesterday. Between that ,going to a massive hockey market and having expectations of him so high. It could go either way. I felt awful for him listening to the interview. I wish him the best but Ive got a bad feeling with his heart not seeming to be into Edmonton

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way we could afford Hall and Schenn. Would have had to have been on or the other. Risky business when known chemistry exists with Schenn and G/Couts. Also, Schenn will be cheaper and provide more flexibility moving forward.
Thats part of what I really liked about the hall trade. Some people forget Henrique and hall were line mates you cant teach chemistry. Also hearing rumblings the devils are looking at Schenn to fill A defensive hole. Not sure how I feel about that. Any Flyers free agency rumors I haven't caught up yet. Loved your draft tho

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats part of what I really liked about the hall trade. Some people forget Henrique and hall were line mates you cant teach chemistry. Also hearing rumblings the devils are looking at Schenn to fill A defensive hole. Not sure how I feel about that. Any Flyers free agency rumors I haven't caught up yet. Loved your draft tho
hmmmm...for clarity, i was referencing B. Schenn

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but Del Zotto on final year of deal coming off season ending injury. Larrson still has 5 years left. Read + Del Zotto is less attractive then Larrson in my opinion and it is a consensus that NJ won this trade. Like it or not, Read is dead weight right now. All Flyers fans want to unload him in every deal. That to me says he is not sought after as a commodity for other teams.
This is true and I guess if I were Edmonton I wouldn't take that trade either but IMO Read is not dead weight he plays a fine defensive game and he hits when he needs to its just he is getting paid a little to much for what he is giving offensively. A change of scenery might help him but if he can get back to 17 or 18 goals and 40 points id be real happy with him.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they made 5 qualifying offers this week...Schenn, Cousins, Straka, Weal and Manning
The Rangers still have 8 spots to fill. And only have around 15k of cap space not including qualifying offers. Not A lot of space and there and their roster still doesn't impress me. I think their window may be closing. The Pens are solid, Isles and Flyers are right in the mix and the Devils are finally making strides. We could be seeing some great hockey but I think the rangers are in for some fall off

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers still have 8 spots to fill. And only have around 15k of cap space not including qualifying offers. Not A lot of space and there and their roster still doesn't impress me. I think their window may be closing. The Pens are solid, Isles and Flyers are right in the mix and the Devils are finally making strides. We could be seeing some great hockey but I think the rangers are in for some fall off
Ummm, the Pens are far from fine right now. They are already 1.5 million over the cap with only 6 defensemen signed and still needing to clear an additional 3.75 million by opening night until they can move Dupuis to LTIR. Not to mention, Malkin, Crosby, Kessel, Letang and Fleury all have no movement clauses.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, the Pens are far from fine right now. They are already 1.5 million over the cap with only 6 defensemen signed and still needing to clear an additional 3.75 million by opening night until they can move Dupuis to LTIR. Not to mention, Malkin, Crosby, Kessel, Letang and Fleury all have no movement clauses.
They have a solid core and a lot of speed. They also have some very solid talent in their farm.Rust and Sheary are bargains and fill out their forwards. They do have 6 defensemen locked up and the money to resign lovejoy or go another route. I don't see them having issues

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a solid core and a lot of speed. They also have some very solid talent in their farm.Rust and Sheary are bargains and fill out their forwards. They do have 6 defensemen locked up and the money to resign lovejoy or go another route. I don't see them having issues
I don't know if you get what I'm saying, they need to lose over 5 million in salary and add at least 1 defenseman.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you get what I'm saying, they need to lose over 5 million in salary and add at least 1 defenseman.
They still have a solid core and basically the 3 lines they ran in tact. I don't see 4th line being an issue. They have youth they can run with. And bury some cap in the minors and through LTIRThe defense the played on their cup run is still in tact aside from Lovejoy. Even if you Plug in Rust,Sheary and Murray. I see them either resigning lovejoy or a replacement. Their concerns are more geared toward the following season. And they do have time.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-30%20at%203.47.23%20PM_zpsavk864wf.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-30%20at%203.47.51%20PM_zpsriudehe6.png

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I'm taking Hall over Schenn every time. At 6 mil/season through 2019-20, Hall is a pretty good deal. He's almost a point per game player for his career.

Schenn is probably going to get over 5 and hopefully only to 2019-20. Hopefully we find this out soon.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rangers could take at least a slight step back. They're likely losing E. Staal, Stalberg, Moore and Boyle. They also still need to re-sign Kreider, Miller and Hayes, plus bring up or sign 3-4 other forwards. Lundqvist isn't getting any younger...Lol

The Pens would probably trade Fleury for nothing today if they could because they are right up against the cap and have zero wiggle room. Murray has pretty much stolen the starting job for good I would think. They appear to have all of the players they need though, unfortunately.

You have to expect the Islanders to maybe fall out of the playoff picture. They are losing two of their top three scorers. Other than Tavares, who is going to score for them next season?

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what kind of contract Eric Staal is going to get. He could be an interesting add for the Flyers if you can get him for 1 or 2 years around 3 mil.

I'd be looking at:
Staal
Vanek
Wisniewski (RHD)
Brouwer
Grabner
Raymond
LSchenn (RHD)

I think those guys, aside from maybe Brouwer, could be had on some bargain contracts. I wouldn't go more than a year or two on any of them, but they could help the team be more competitive in the short term, without sacrificing the future cap.