• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would approach this cautiously. As much as we've struggled offensively, we have 144 goals this season. Colorado has 103 goals (even with 9 in their last two games)...Lol They're also by far the worst defensive team in the Nhl. I believe it was over 3.4 goals against per game or almost half a goal more than us.Now that's not all the fault of Landeskog or Duchene, but it is definitely concerning as they are probably two of their top three players.

Idk if I'm ready to give up on Couturier or Ghost yet either. They are 24 and 23 respectively and right now we would be selling low instead of high.

They are both the same minus as our top 4

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you please share where you got this information from or is this your personal opinion?

I have a magic crystal ball:D Actually if you look at footage of Landeskog in his first years he was a wrecking ball. I'm pretty sure two years ago he got hurt,(never got disclosed except lower body) when he came back it took him a long time to get back up to speed. Has been utterly bad this season and then the same injury(lower body) kept him out again, there are times he looks very slow. I'm lucky enough to live in an area where I see a lot of Central team games. Minny is killing it this year.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Schenn for the 1st goal this evening.......

But more importantly,

i-cant-keep-calm-i-want-to-win--1.png

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SIDE NOTE:

Not that I don't understand this new defense first thing from Hakstol, because I do....
What I don't understand is when do you tell the guys, "Ok enough, we need some points on the board!"

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1486514774909.jpg
    FB_IMG_1486514774909.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 4

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SIDE NOTE:

Not that I don't understand this new defense first thing from Hakstol, because I do....
What I don't understand is when do you tell the guys, "Ok enough, we need some points on the board!"

Well you want a good transition game from Defense to Offense, but you got to be able to score, if not you lose games 1-0 or 2-0 etc. That;s us because we are weak on defense.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you want a good transition game from Defense to Offense, but you got to be able to score, if not you lose games 1-0 or 2-0 etc. That;s us because we are weak on defense.

I understand this.......
And the D has been a lot better the last couple of games.
What I am saying is all the D in the world isn't going to amount to a pinch of shit if you don't put up points to back up the D. :L

So when does Hakstol say, ok guys put up a goal or two then back to the D bullshit.
Because they haven't put one up in how many periods now??????

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand this.......
And the D has been a lot better the last couple of games.
What I am saying is all the D in the world isn't going to amount to a pinch of shit if you don't put up points to back up the D. :L

So when does Hakstol say, ok guys put up a goal or two then back to the D bullshit.
Because they haven't put one up in how many periods now??????

Well the biggest problem is that most teams have a transition game and balanced lines. WE don't have that. As you said if we don't get lucky and score we don't have the type of offense right now to push the play like top tier teams do. It sucks and Hakstol can't seem to find a combination to fix it. It's hard to rope a dope in hockey.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the biggest problem is that most teams have a transition game and balanced lines. WE don't have that. As you said if we don't get lucky and score we don't have the type of offense right now to push the play like top tier teams do. It sucks and Hakstol can't seem to find a combination to fix it. It's hard to rope a dope in hockey.

He isn't going to find combinations to fix lines with some of the combinations he is using.
The last two games, at least that I have noticed, he has had Simmer and Schenn on the same line....
Simmer has made his living off of being close on net to get deflections and such. As of recent Schenn has been doing this, so why put two guys with similar plying styles on the same line???
And as for Simmer, Vorecak, and G, I have never seen 3 guys that run hot and cold like these 3 do. IMO put these three on the same line, and when the 3 of them start to heat up, then split them up and spread the wealth around.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Ghost is back in on the 2nd pairing. He is playing with Streit tonight.

Provorov - A Mac
Streit - Ghost
Manning - Gudas

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As terrible as the offense has been lately, this game tonight is an opportunity to beat a team that is right on our heels and really move toward solidifying a playoff spot. One good 60 minute effort here on home ice gets us rolling and starts to make everything better again.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ Therien talking about Nick Leddy and Johnny Boychuk and accidentally saying Nick Boynton.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice opening period
16-6 shots in favor 1-1 score(and of course both on PP)
For what it's worth they should chop someones' head off and play shorthanded,they play harder.