• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rolled in the 2nd after having dominated the 1st and leaving tied.

I've seen this show before.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if the Flyers enter the offensive zone 3 on 2 and one of the forwards is Weise, does that still count as a odd man rush?

I'm thinking no.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to wonder if you have to fire a head coach to win games and Cups in the Nhl. Four coaches fired this season and I believe all four teams are surging afterwards. Multiple teams have won Cups recently after having fired a head coach during the season. The Pens did it twice...

I'm not asking for Hakstol to be fired, but we have to be better than this or you might as well trade away all of the vets and bring up the Phantoms, like you say. On the job training is what we call that. Hak is supposed to be good with young players, clearly, so give him our young players.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe how everything and everyone just pretty much collapsed after the second goal......

:L

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, it's dead in here today........

972b5f3962c5d3dc68a7b5896491299c.jpg

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely dominated that game yesterday aside from a few brief lapses in the second period and after we scored in the third. This is one of those times where you have to wonder if we'll ever close out a game properly ever again. The Wayne Train saves us by making Brent Burns (of all people) look really bad on two glorious scoring chances, cashing in on the second one in OT.

With the Isles, Canes and Leafs all losing in regulation, that's an enormous two points.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just mean that the goal by Provorov should've been the game winner. We can't afford to let games go to OT or even a shootout at this time of year when we had plenty of opportunities to end them earlier. The lines all had their moments and looked good. Maybe Weal will stick with the big club this time around. He was definitely a spark offensively and not at all a liability defensively.

I still think Mase is hurt and/or crumbling under the pressure that Neuvy is now putting on him for the starting job.

That and how much more dangerous does Couturier look with Voracek flanking him?

The top line didn't suffer either because Schenn and Simmonds often do work and Giroux can set them up for goals or clean up the garbage.

Cousins, Raffl and Read was also a solid line all game long.

Maybe just bench Weise in favor of Lyubimov. The guy has a damn breakaway and can't even get a shot on net.

Last edited:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just mean that the goal by Provorov should've been the game winner. We can't afford to let games go to OT or even a shootout at this time of year when we had plenty of opportunities to end them earlier. The lines all had their moments and looked good. Maybe Weal will stick with the big club this time around. He was definitely a spark offensively and not at all a liability defensively.

I still think Mase is hurt and/or crumbling under the pressure that Neuvy is now putting on him for the starting job.

That and how much more dangerous does Couturier look with Voracek flanking him?

The top line didn't suffer either because Schenn and Simmonds often do work and Giroux can set them up for goals or clean up the garbage.

Cousins, Raffl and Read was also a solid line all game long.

Maybe just bench Weise in favor of Lyubimov. The guy has a damn breakaway and can't even get a shot on net.

Totally on board with this.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK im back. i agree with everything said on the last two pages.

If we could only play a west coast team in an early afternoon game every game.