• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting last few paragraphs there. Does Hakstol really think MacDonald is a top 3 or 4 defenseman? One of the best on the team? Are we just trying to sell that thought so Vegas takes him off of our hands?

I absolutely agree with him that we can compete with anyone in the Nhl, the problem is that we can't do it consistently or even close. And the way we're playing at this very moment, we could struggle to score against our own minor league teams. It's getting truly embarrassing. I prefer actually scoring a few goals and losing it close to getting shut out repeatedly 2-0 and 1-0.
It seemed like the questions about AMac he took personally. Me IMO i think that aMac is a top 4 on this team and are there really 3 dmen on this team that much better than him? I could see where he is coming from on that.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed like the questions about AMac he took personally. Me IMO i think that aMac is a top 4 on this team and are there really 3 dmen on this team that much better than him? I could see where he is coming from on that.

I think you could make the argument that Gudas, MDZ and Streit are all better...

Even Manning was probably better earlier in the season before we started scratching him.

To say he is top 3 or 4 on any team is probably a huge stretch.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you could make the argument that Gudas, MDZ and Streit are all better...

Even Manning was probably better earlier in the season before we started scratching him.

To say he is top 3 or 4 on any team is probably a huge stretch.
Other teams he is probably a 6/7 at best but on this team he is a top 4. The three you named if they are better its by a very slim margin and that is sad for us as fans.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So not breaking this team up means Hexy thinks we have a shot to win the cup with this group going forward. I just dont see it even if all the young Dman come in and play great which is hoping for a lot.

Well, I think it's fair to say that we could be competitive for a Cup within the new three to four seasons...and yes, with this group. That's a long time for the fans to wait, but that's the way it is drafting your own players and building from within.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think it's fair to say that we could be competitive for a Cup within the new three to four seasons...and yes, with this group. That's a long time for the fans to wait, but that's the way it is drafting your own players and building from within.
Keep the faith i have faith that with this group of forwards three four years down the road we will be an 8th place finisher just like we are now I truly hope you are right on this i would love a cup.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep the faith i have faith that with this group of forwards three four years down the road we will be an 8th place finisher just like we are now I truly hope you are right on this i would love a cup.

Well, by then, we will have an influx of youth and talent from our minor league teams to replace guys like Weise, Read and so on, plus our defense should be rather dominant. The goaltending situation could also be a lot better with Stolarz and Lyon, among others.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, by then, we will have an influx of youth and talent from our minor league teams to replace guys like Weise, Read and so on, plus our defense should be rather dominant.
We would also need a star player to replace a 32-33 year old Giroux

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would also need a star player to replace a 32-33 year old Giroux

Well, that is the time in which we would pull off a big trade and/or make a big splash in free agency. Now really isn't the time for that. We're not close enough and still have too much money wrapped up in older or ineffective players.

I still hate to already say that we'll never win a Cup with Giroux. Have a little faith on that, please. He only just turned 29. It's not THAT bad.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that is the time in which we would pull off a big trade and/or make a big splash in free agency. Now really isn't the time for that. We're not close enough and still have too much money wrapped up in older or ineffective players.

I still hate to already say that we'll never win a Cup with Giroux. Have a little faith on that, please. He only just turned 29. It's not THAT bad.
As much as i love Gee he looks like hes 29 going on 39.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season we were in a similar position and Ghost came up and we had a great final 20 games and made the playoffs. Since we are a team of patterns ie playing poorly after a layoff maybe we do it again this season.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming the young D gels, a stud goalie emerges from the plethora of prospects and a few current forward prospects become legit bottom 2 line guys as projected, they really might just be a 2C away from being a true contender.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming the young D gels, a stud goalie emerges from the plethora of prospects and a few current forward prospects become legit bottom 2 line guys as projected, they really might just be a 2C away from being a true contender.
We really could use a first line center and that would make Gee the 2nd line center assuming all that other stuff works out.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really could use a first line center and that would make Gee the 2nd line center assuming all that other stuff works out.

Yeah, I hear you. My hope is that a legit 2nd line would help take some of the defensive pressure off of him, but acquiring a 1A/1B center would be even better. I'm just pointing out that between the current roster and current prospects, it's the one spot that doesn't really have a potential answer at this point, as I think it's time to admit that neither Schenn nor Couturier appear to be the answer as a top 2 line C. Couturier is a very good 3C and Schenn is a top 2 line LW.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I hear you. My hope is that a legit 2nd line would help take some of the defensive pressure off of him, but acquiring a 1A/1B center would be even better. I'm just pointing out that between the current roster and current prospects, it's the one spot that doesn't really have a potential answer at this point, as I think it's time to admit that neither Schenn nor Couturier appear to be the answer as a top 2 line C. Couturier is a very good 3C and Schenn is a top 2 line LW.
I agree with this 100% it would be nice if Rubstov would turn into that number 1 scoring center we need but i think that would be asking to much.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this 100% it would be nice if Rubstov would turn into that number 1 scoring center we need but i think that would be asking to much.

Yeah, he's not projected to be a #1/2. Yet. But, if he can be... :yes:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most surprising thing to me there was they were looking at protecting Stolarz. Even to the point of signing someone to sacrifice. That's more belief in him than I thought they had. That's great news. Even so, there's going to be so many goalies for Vegas to choose from I would be shocked if they picked Stolarz if he went unprotected. Still though, if you're not sold on Neuvy or Mason, which they apparently are not, might as well protect Stolarz.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree with this 100%. The defense/goaltending of the future looks great. Forwards is maybe a little thin, but Lindblom looks like a top 6 quality pick and G/Simmonds/Jake are obviously top 6 quality. Konecny should be. So, like JBM said, a top 6 C is really what's missing. Coots, Leier, Cousins, Laughton, Rubstov, Vorobyov, Allison, Laberge, Fazleev, and Aube-Kubel make a pretty solid pool to pick from on the bottom 6.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most surprising thing to me there was they were looking at protecting Stolarz. Even to the point of signing someone to sacrifice. That's more belief in him than I thought they had. That's great news. Even so, there's going to be so many goalies for Vegas to choose from I would be shocked if they picked Stolarz if he went unprotected. Still though, if you're not sold on Neuvy or Mason, which they apparently are not, might as well protect Stolarz.

If that's the case, then I hope they give him a few more NHL starts this season.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other teams he is probably a 6/7 at best but on this team he is a top 4. The three you named if they are better its by a very slim margin and that is sad for us as fans.

I'm with las on this one. Provorov and Gudas are really the only 2 i'd put solidly above AMac on this team. Streit is a turnover machine this year. MDZ from last year would certainly be above him, but he's not played anywhere close to that caliber this year. Ghost I'd say is arguable, they're just completely different players so it's tough to compare them. Schultz, no, obviously. Manning had a really good month or so, but hasn't been great since then.