• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Untouchables in the organization come trade deadline everyone else should be gone for the right offer IMO:
Jake
Simmer
Prov
TK
Ghost
Stolarz
Morin
Meyers
Sanheim
Lebarge
Hart
Lyon
Lindblom

If i missed anyone in the minors feel free to add but the big club is only guys listed IMO.

Pretty solid list IMO. I probably would add Coots, but I definitely don't love him. His lack of offensive punch is infuriating.

Also would probably add Rubstov. He's been pretty solid in the Q since he came over i think.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the folks on fb page orange and black cave are discussing wether or not to trade for Matt Duchene with a resounding no lol. I would give up 5 forwards right now for him or anybody with his scoring ability.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the folks on fb page orange and black cave are discussing wether or not to trade for Matt Duchene with a resounding no lol. I would give up 5 forwards right now for him or anybody with his scoring ability.
The rumor I heard was Coots, Ghost and a 2nd.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumor I heard was Coots, Ghost and a 2nd.

I wouldn't hang up the phone if that was the starting point. Not sure I'd do it, but I would consider it. Duchene would bring a completely different dynamic to the top 6.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty solid list IMO. I probably would add Coots, but I definitely don't love him. His lack of offensive punch is infuriating.

Also would probably add Rubstov. He's been pretty solid in the Q since he came over i think.
I will agree with Rubstov but Coots lack of offensive and IMO he is way overrated defensive player which would bring us a real good return since everyone thinks he is a great defensive player.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As i have stated on here before i would take Landeskog before i would Duschene. I would love to get them both though especially if it meant cleaning house.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As i have stated on here before i would take Landeskog before i would Duschene. I would love to get them both though especially if it meant cleaning house.

Landescog hasn't been the same player for the last 2 years. Injuries seem to have caught up with him quickly. Duchene has improved his defensive game and has become very well rounded. Not sure it would even happen though.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't put me in with those assclowns,lol

Coots,and a 1st(bad draft year IMO) or 2nd,(and Amac,Streit,Read,Weiss,etc...all the dead weight)

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't put me in with those assclowns,lol

Coots,and a 1st(bad draft year IMO) or 2nd,(and Amac,Streit,Read,Weiss,etc...all the dead weight)

Lol have you read some of the drivel? I swear those people only watch Flyers hockey they have no clue about other players in the league.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would approach this cautiously. As much as we've struggled offensively, we have 144 goals this season. Colorado has 103 goals (even with 9 in their last two games)...Lol They're also by far the worst defensive team in the Nhl. I believe it was over 3.4 goals against per game or almost half a goal more than us. Now that's not all the fault of Landeskog or Duchene, but it is definitely concerning as they are probably two of their top three players.

Idk if I'm ready to give up on Couturier or Ghost yet either. They are 24 and 23 respectively and right now we would be selling low instead of high.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would approach this cautiously. As much as we've struggled offensively, we have 144 goals this season. Colorado has 103 goals (even with 9 in their last two games)...Lol They're also by far the worst defensive team in the Nhl. I believe it was over 3.4 goals against per game or almost half a goal more than us. Now that's not all the fault of Landeskog or Duchene, but it is definitely concerning as they are probably two of their top three players.

Idk if I'm ready to give up on Couturier or Ghost yet either. They are 24 and 23 respectively and right now we would be selling low instead of high.
I dont want to give up on Ghost but Coots i think we have seen all he has to offer and he would bring a high value back as we wouldn't really be trading him while his value is low

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landescog hasn't been the same player for the last 2 years. Injuries seem to have caught up with him quickly. Duchene has improved his defensive game and has become very well rounded. Not sure it would even happen though.
Could you please share where you got this information from or is this your personal opinion?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very interesting last few paragraphs there. Does Hakstol really think MacDonald is a top 3 or 4 defenseman? One of the best on the team? Are we just trying to sell that thought so Vegas takes him off of our hands?

I absolutely agree with him that we can compete with anyone in the Nhl, the problem is that we can't do it consistently or even close. And the way we're playing at this very moment, we could struggle to score against our own minor league teams. It's getting truly embarrassing. I prefer actually scoring a few goals and losing it close to getting shut out repeatedly 2-0 and 1-0.