• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to point out that it's also pretty damn ironic when you keep benching Konency for no reason and you finally play him, he gets injured...

I guess now he won't be playing again, this time due to injury. That's what you get for pulling this shit repeatedly.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really -hard to believe we were 1 of the top scoring teams at the beginning of the season,(as well as giving up a shitload of goals though).

I have absolutely no god damn idea,as to who in the hell is going to show up anymore from game to game.

These guys need a major wakeup call-unfortunately I think the only thing that would get through to them is to trade a so-called untouchable.

Trade deadline is fast approaching-will be anxious to see

Also our top 4 scorers are all -16 0r -14 and Ghost is -19 yet he's the only one getting benched. Another side note is after our top 4 guys the drop off is pretty extreme. I think most of the goals scored by other players was during the 10 game win streak. I really hope some other players can come up and get time, it can't be any worse then what's out there now.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just a very fragile team right now. A stiff breeze could blow us over. We carried the play in the 1st, didn't score, got one bad break in the 2nd and completely folded from then on throughout the rest of the game.

Where is the resiliency that I love from this team?

And also, if we can't score at all, I'm thinking we need Ghost back asap to assist in that area. The power play looks completely useless without him too.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just a very fragile team right now. A stiff breeze could blow us over. We carried the play in the 1st, didn't score, got one bad break in the 2nd and completely folded from then on throughout the rest of the game.

Where is the resiliency that I love from this team?

And also, if we can't score at all, I'm thinking we need Ghost back asap to assist in that area. The power play looks completely useless without him too.

Just out of curiosity, who would you like to see other than Ghost get called up and why?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just out of curiosity, who would you like to see other than Ghost get called up and why?

Trade away two of our defensemen and one of our goalies, then call up Stolarz and Morin (if he's ready).

At this stage, an infusion of youth couldn't exactly hurt. We're not going anywhere playing like this.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade away two of our defensemen and one of our goalies, then call up Stolarz and Morin (if he's ready).

I can definitely get behind that but I think you're being generous to just get rid of only 2 defensemen lol. Which goalie do you go with. I myself would keep Mason. I would also like to see some dead weight at forward be traded away and hope for a couple good free agents.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, I hate being in this position, because I know we're a good enough team to be safely in the playoff picture right now with room to spare.

Trading away guys like Streit and MDZ doesn't exactly tell your fans and team that you're gunning to make the playoffs, but it still may be necessary.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to point out that it's also pretty damn ironic when you keep benching Konency for no reason and you finally play him, he gets injured...

I guess now he won't be playing again, this time due to injury. That's what you get for pulling this shit repeatedly.

What's the extent of his injury?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't quite understand it. Konecny is 19 and Ghost is still only 23. These guys have to play as often as possible if they are 100% healthy. It can only help them in the long run, the way I see it.

And yes, why bench Read? He's got clear chemistry with Couturier and has really been one of our more underrated two-way forwards, even when he's not scoring.

Not sure what Hakstol is doing here, but I hope he has something logical in mind.

I am thinking they are playing MacDonald just to make him eligible for the expansion draft. Maybe Read is sitting because he's going to be traded. It's tough to say right now.

he was always eligible, the '40 game' thing came from making him eligible to count as a 'veteran'. and he reached that already too. unforutunately there's no ulterior motive to playing AMac. Either Hak thinks he's one of the best 6 (likely, since he's playing on the top pair to boot), or they're trying to showcase him for a trade.

i think AMac plays because he's a LHD willing to play the right side and not completely tank his game. my theory on that is because there's nothing to tank, he sucks on the left side so putting him on the right side doesn't hurt you.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only are we sucking out there but its just boring hockey to watch.

Shake it up Hexy put some major stars on the block see what you can get.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Konecny out 4-6 weeks with a knee/ankle.

With the offense sputtering and Leier/McDonald injured..

It's Jordan Weal time Hexy. Make the move!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Untouchables in the organization come trade deadline everyone else should be gone for the right offer IMO:
Jake
Simmer
Prov
TK
Ghost
Stolarz
Morin
Meyers
Sanheim
Lebarge
Hart
Lyon
Lindblom

If i missed anyone in the minors feel free to add but the big club is only guys listed IMO.