• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man nothing hockey wise is happening its getting boring at least football is right around the corner.
Rams 1st preseason game tonight. Foles playing 1 series. I think the rookie OL should see a little more time than usual.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely won't be more of a disappointment than Bradford.
This is the part where I see Rams fan go psychotic. Everything I read from reporters, fans, coaches, etc. have said that Bradford looks like a stud through camp thus far. His velocity and accuracy has been pinpoint. Now he has playmakers and an OL to protect him. I have him on my fantasy league bc in Chip's system, he's going to kill it. I think he stays healthy as well.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the part where I see Rams fan go psychotic. Everything I read from reporters, fans, coaches, etc. have said that Bradford looks like a stud through camp thus far. His velocity and accuracy has been pinpoint. Now he has playmakers and an OL to protect him. I have him on my fantasy league bc in Chip's system, he's going to kill it. I think he stays healthy as well.
I really do hope he is recovered and gets his career back on track but he wore out his welcome on the Rams. I remember watching his last preseason and he looked like a stud. Preseason game 3 he goes down without being hit. The one thing that few are writing about is that he is taking the snap, maybe taking 2 steps and throwing. He has not had to scramble or run during his drills. This will be the real test when he actually has to move.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do hope he is recovered and gets his career back on track but he wore out his welcome on the Rams. I remember watching his last preseason and he looked like a stud. Preseason game 3 he goes down without being hit. The one thing that few are writing about is that he is taking the snap, maybe taking 2 steps and throwing. He has not had to scramble or run during his drills. This will be the real test when he actually has to move.

I think having a more consistent running game might help him with the Eagles - might not have to win them as many games, although at some point he probably will have to and I think with his talent level, he can - offensive line needs to be healthy and consistent and some of the receivers need to make the next step

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think having a more consistent running game might help him with the Eagles - might not have to win them as many games, although at some point he probably will have to and I think with his talent level, he can - offensive line needs to be healthy and consistent and some of the receivers need to make the next step
At some point he will have to extend a play with his legs. He wasn't real good at that in his last full season 2 years ago. By hurting his knee he was able to build arm strength. If he plays 50% of the snaps the Rams get another 2nd round pick in 2016.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point he will have to extend a play with his legs. He wasn't real good at that in his last full season 2 years ago. By hurting his knee he was able to build arm strength. If he plays 50% of the snaps the Rams get another 2nd round pick in 2016.

Nick Foles wasn't the fleetest of foot but he could extend a few plays with his legs - I'm not that concerned about that specifically - for Sam Bradford, he needs to play a consistent game and not make mistakes - that was what cost the Eagles late in the season, key turnovers and interceptions hurt

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man nothing hockey wise is happening its getting boring at least football is right around the corner.

Was wondering who started this chatter. lol

Pop in to catch up on Flyer gossip,and I'm reading football talk.

Back to hockey

I'll do my flyers predictions for this year on a few players

Mason- 35 wins
Raffl- 20 goals
B.Schenn- 27 goals
Coutirier- 25 goals

Realistic??

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Back to hockey

Mason- 35 wins
Raffl- 20 goals
B.Schenn- 27 goals
Coutirier- 25 goals

Realistic??

The first two definitely can happen, the third and fourth ones we'll have to wait and see

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Back to hockey

Mason- 35 wins
Raffl- 20 goals
B.Schenn- 27 goals
Coutirier- 25 goals

Realistic??
1. As long as Mason stays healthy, 35 wins is not a long shot;
2. Raffl had 21 in 67 games. I think he finds his way to the 1st line and has at least 25;
3. If Schenn stays on the top PP unit, then he should have at least 25. Most likely to be about 20-25; and
4. Couts has the talent for 25 but most likely will be about 20.

Read and Vinny are the 2 that have to rebound. Read has gone 24, 22, 8. We heard about injuries but he played 80 games. Vinny has gone 22, 20, 8. Throw in Umberger at 20, 18, 9. Thats 35 fewer goals for this trio. The bad news is that all 3 have declined in production in the last 3 years. The good news is that the bar is set real low to show improvement. I think the use and production of these 3 will play a big role in the season.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
asassists

Back to hockey

Mason- 35 wins
Raffl- 20 goals
B.Schenn- 27 goals
Coutirier- 25 goals

Realistic??
Mase 30-35 wins it depends on our defense this season with the young kids in the future 35-40 wins
Rafl 30 goals this season he needs to pick up more assists
B Schenn if he ever gets that one timer from the slot down he could score 30 more realistically 23-25
Couts I pray has 25 and 30 assists or he is not the second line center we had hoped for when we signed him to the long term contract.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. As long as Mason stays healthy, 35 wins is not a long shot;
2. Raffl had 21 in 67 games. I think he finds his way to the 1st line and has at least 25;
3. If Schenn stays on the top PP unit, then he should have at least 25. Most likely to be about 20-25; and
4. Couts has the talent for 25 but most likely will be about 20.

Read and Vinny are the 2 that have to rebound. Read has gone 24, 22, 8. We heard about injuries but he played 80 games. Vinny has gone 22, 20, 8. Throw in Umberger at 20, 18, 9. Thats 35 fewer goals for this trio. The bad news is that all 3 have declined in production in the last 3 years. The good news is that the bar is set real low to show improvement. I think the use and production of these 3 will play a big role in the season.
I agree 100% about Read Vinny and Umberger hopefully the new coach lights a fire under their asses. Not so much Read because a high ankle sprain sucks for hockey players but he came on very strong the last 10 -15 games