• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official: 10,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup! (.. eventually)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Combined with the Rangers losing in regulation and the Blue Jackets losing in overtime, that was a HUGE win last night. I think we have the inside track on the second seed as the NYR are at Pittsburgh and the CBJ are at San Jose tonight.

Then we have Calgary at home with the potential for a win there to give us the second spot. Let's not look past them either as they've won 6 of their last 7 over some very good teams.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Combined with the Rangers losing in regulation and the Blue Jackets losing in overtime, that was a HUGE win last night. I think we have the inside track on the second seed as the NYR are at Pittsburgh and the CBJ are at San Jose tonight.

Then we have Calgary at home with the potential for a win there to give us the second spot. Let's not look past them either as they've won 6 of their last 7 over some very good teams.

Cmon boys we got this!!!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to know going into this break that we're ahead of everyone minus Pittsburgh. That's a nice boost and something to build off of going into the stretch run.

To me, March is going to be pivotal for us. 10 of our 14 games that month will be on home ice and half of those 14 games are against division rivals. We need to take advantage of that and be in a position of strength come April or it's over. We play too many road games against top teams to close out the season.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically, we're going to find out whether we have a contender or a pretender here in the first half of March. 6 of those first 7 games are against division rivals, including two back to back matchups with Washington and Pittsburgh.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like talks with the oilers are heating up.. Just in time for the trade freeze?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we have yet another reason to hate Pittsburgh. They were 23-4 at home entering the night, but got dominated by the NYR, somehow managed to force overtime and then a shootout. I believe they had won nine straight shootouts and Fleury had yet to give up a goal to a shooter this season. He gives up two and they hand the Rags two more points.

So, fuck the Penguins and I'm glad there's no shootout in the playoffs.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we have yet another reason to hate Pittsburgh. They were 23-4 at home entering the night, but got dominated by the NYR, somehow managed to force overtime and then a shootout. I believe they had won nine straight shootouts and Fleury had yet to give up a goal to a shooter this season. He gives up two and they hand the Rags two more points.

So, fuck the Penguins and I'm glad there's no shootout in the playoffs.

Flyers just need to take care of business tomorrow and they'll be fine - the standings are going to go back and forth a lot because a lot of teams are so close, so as long as the Flyers take care of business they'll be fine

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOMETIMES THE MATH IS SO GROSS, MAN - Flyers Inside Out - Anthony SanFilippo

not sure where we were discussing grossmann in terms of a potential trade, so i'll just put this here.. maybe it will spark some more conversation as we traverse 17 days without a flyers game.

My feeling is that you play your absolute best six guys, Nicklas Grossmann has not played like one of the best six and that's my problem, that people think it's okay for him to be in the lineup just because he plays a different role than Gus/Mesz - I don't like that one bit

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feeling is that you play your absolute best six guys, Nicklas Grossmann has not played like one of the best six and that's my problem, that people think it's okay for him to be in the lineup just because he plays a different role than Gus/Mesz - I don't like that one bit

as we discussed before, i like keeping grossmann in the lineup because of the PK. if he's out of the lineup, timonen, coburn, and schenn are the only guys sound enough defensively for me to be comfortable with them on the PK. and both schenn and coburn have their scary moments.

obviously you can make the argument that they should just take less penalties, but if there's one thing i've learned in following the flyers all these years, the phrase 'just take less penalties' falls on deaf ears. they showed a stat in one of the recent games, the flyers have led the league in PIMs like 8 out of the last 9 seasons or something ridiculous like that. the year they didnt, they were 2nd. you have to be ready to kill penalties if you're the flyers. and this season, there's nobody on the flyers roster i want killing penalties more than nick grossmann.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gunna let a full day go by without a post!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taveras out for the year .Things like this makes me glad gee stayed home.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taveras out for the year .Things like this makes me glad gee stayed home.

Yeah, I never understood the anger over the fact that he didn't make it. That was actually beneficial for the Flyers. It was just an ego thing, and we need to focus on the only goal that matters - winning the freaking Cup.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I never understood the anger over the fact that he didn't make it. That was actually beneficial for the Flyers. It was just an ego thing, and we need to focus on the only goal that matters - winning the freaking Cup.

:agree::agree::agree:

I hope the rest he got will accomplish his/our goal of winning the cup. Especially since we have a tough schedule coming up.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep.. agreed.

i felt bad for G that he didn't make it, but i was happy on both a flyers and a USA front.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok i now know that women's hockey is way better than the wnba. this game is pretty good. GO USA

Status
Not open for further replies.