• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official: 10,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup! (.. eventually)

Status
Not open for further replies.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

these kind of contracts are what's making it so hard to build through FA and trades in the NHL these days. and what makes lockouts happen every time the CBA ends.

callahan's best season, 11-12, he scored at a pass that would give him 58 points on the year. on what planet is that worth 6 million a year? and the sad thing is, he's gunna get it in FA because some team feeling like they need to make a splash, will do so by giving him that monster contract. i'd give him 2 years tops at a rate like that, to see if he could prove himself. the owners/gms need to stand firm and give money or years, not both.

that's why drafting is SO important now. you have to get guys on their ELCs because anybody else you have is going to be overpaid.

IMO, callahan is in the mike richards mold. just an extremely talented grinder with a big heart. he's no super star. he might not even be a star.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these kind of contracts are what's making it so hard to build through FA and trades in the NHL these days. and what makes lockouts happen every time the CBA ends.

callahan's best season, 11-12, he scored at a pass that would give him 58 points on the year. on what planet is that worth 6 million a year? and the sad thing is, he's gunna get it in FA because some team feeling like they need to make a splash, will do so by giving him that monster contract. i'd give him 2 years tops at a rate like that, to see if he could prove himself. the owners/gms need to stand firm and give money or years, not both.

that's why drafting is SO important now. you have to get guys on their ELCs because anybody else you have is going to be overpaid.

IMO, callahan is in the mike richards mold. just an extremely talented grinder with a big heart. he's no super star. he might not even be a star.

I could see Florida trying to get a guy like him, they want to spend obviously, and it could turn out to be a good move for them in terms of needing a leader - but I agree with the premise, guys who hit FA get overpaid so badly it's not right

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree 100%. You need cheap, quality players steadily coming up through the ranks.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up boys! I hope we can get some tough wins on this road trip.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0 with Timmo on the sidelines with 2 goals given up. Is this a sign of we are good without him or just that players are stepping up filling his production?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0 with Timmo on the sidelines with 2 goals given up. Is this a sign of we are good without him or just that players are stepping up filling his production?

Both - guys are finally getting key opportunities on defense(Mesz & Gus) and they're playing well like they're capable of - when Kimmo gets back, I hope someone like Nicklas Grossmann gets benched - they need to find every way to keep Mesz and Gus both in the lineup

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both - guys are finally getting key opportunities on defense(Mesz & Gus) and they're playing well like they're capable of - when Kimmo gets back, I hope someone like Nicklas Grossmann gets benched - they need to find every way to keep Mesz and Gus both in the lineup

I like the fact that guys are stepping into that role and are playing well. I dont like the fact that it may be that timmo is hurting us back there. I dont think it would happen but if we keep playing well defensively who knows maybe timmo gets to watch a litle longer.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
timonen has definitely taken a step back this season, but i wouldn't attribute the change to his injury.. the forwards played so much better in california in the defensive zone.. it's making the defenders look better and the team defense as a whole look better

gus needs to stay in the lineup at all costs though. really like what he's brought this season. wouldn't hate giving grossmann some time off, of all the dmen, he's probably playing the worst right now from my perspective.. but i don't think they will, they need him on the PK.. coburn, timonen, schenn, and grossmann are all probably safe for that reason.. i dont want mesz or streit pk-ing, and i dont really want gus pking either, though i'd prefer him over the other 2

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
timonen has definitely taken a step back this season, but i wouldn't attribute the change to his injury.. the forwards played so much better in california in the defensive zone.. it's making the defenders look better and the team defense as a whole look better

gus needs to stay in the lineup at all costs though. really like what he's brought this season. wouldn't hate giving grossmann some time off, of all the dmen, he's probably playing the worst right now from my perspective.. but i don't think they will, they need him on the PK.. coburn, timonen, schenn, and grossmann are all probably safe for that reason.. i dont want mesz or streit pk-ing, and i dont really want gus pking either, though i'd prefer him over the other 2

Quit taking penalties and you won't have to need him on the PK

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit taking penalties and you won't have to need him on the PK

getting him out of the lineup would probably help that too wouldn't it?

i feel like he takes the majority of the penalties the flyers take these days, which would render the PK point pretty useless

flyers in general though were pretty good in california i think, penalty wise

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i feel like he takes the majority of the penalties the flyers take these days, which would render the PK point pretty useless

Yep - he's too slow, like Kimmo, they have to take penalties because they get beat and they have to haul guys down

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - he's too slow, like Kimmo, they have to take penalties because they get beat and they have to haul guys down

agreed.. the penalty he took last night was a perfect example

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5 penalties in SJ 3 by our defensemen 1 by grossman
3 penalties in LA 2 by defenseman 0 by grossman
1 in Anehein by Downie

yearly stats
Coburn 57 PM
Grossman 51 PM
Schenn 47 PM

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed.. the penalty he took last night was a perfect example

I've probably said this on here already but I'd like to see them swap Nicklas Grossmann for a guy like Trevor Daley - I heard the Stars might want a more defensive defenseman in their lineup, that might be an interesting swap

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've probably said this on here already but I'd like to see them swap Nicklas Grossmann for a guy like Trevor Daley - I heard the Stars might want a more defensive defenseman in their lineup, that might be an interesting swap

ya you have.. i'm ok with that, i just worry that the flyers would miss grossmann in a defensive role.. he leads the team in blocked shots with 138, coburn is second with... 76.. that's a big loss that i would be worried about.. he's also 3rd in hits (LSchenn, Rinaldo)

while i was stat perusing.. anybody realize gus leads the team at +11? hartnell is second at +5.. thats a pretty big disparity considering gus has only played half the games

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dallas just traded Gross to us why would they want him back.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya you have.. i'm ok with that, i just worry that the flyers would miss grossmann in a defensive role.. he leads the team in blocked shots with 138, coburn is second with... 76.. that's a big loss that i would be worried about.. he's also 3rd in hits (LSchenn, Rinaldo)

while i was stat perusing.. anybody realize gus leads the team at +11? hartnell is second at +5.. thats a pretty big disparity considering gus has only played half the games

We have a really good winning Pct with Gust back on d also. Thats a lot of shots blocked by Gross that would get through to the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.