• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official: 10,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup! (.. eventually)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas just traded Gross to us why would they want him back.

You never know, there have been teams who have traded guys and have brought them back - like how the Flyers traded Steve Downie and got him back a few years later - you never know

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya you have.. i'm ok with that, i just worry that the flyers would miss grossmann in a defensive role.. he leads the team in blocked shots with 138, coburn is second with... 76.. that's a big loss that i would be worried about.. he's also 3rd in hits (LSchenn, Rinaldo)

while i was stat perusing.. anybody realize gus leads the team at +11? hartnell is second at +5.. thats a pretty big disparity considering gus has only played half the games

The issue is, there's a reason why Gross leads the team in blocks - he doesn't get the puck out of the zone enough and his inability to make good first passes and be mobile enough causes them to be in their own zone too much - blocks are a deceiving stat

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 penalties in SJ 3 by our defensemen 1 by grossman
3 penalties in LA 2 by defenseman 0 by grossman
1 in Anehein by Downie

yearly stats
Coburn 57 PM
Grossman 51 PM
Schenn 47 PM

not as prominant for grossmann as i would've thought.. and also not as good as i thought.. guess i didn't realize they took 5 penalties last night.. weak.

simmonds' penalty last night was retarded. first time i've had something negative to say about him a while haha

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is, there's a reason why Gross leads the team in blocks - he doesn't get the puck out of the zone enough and his inability to make good first passes and be mobile enough causes them to be in their own zone too much - blocks are a deceiving stat

heh, i think it's a little bit of a stretch to say he has lots of blocks because he doesn't clear the zone.. he's one of 5 guys out there that could get the puck out..

i think it's more likely that he has lots of blocks because he's a good defender, good at getting in shooting lanes, and plays a lot of PK minutes (3rd amongst dmen)

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heh, i think it's a little bit of a stretch to say he has lots of blocks because he doesn't clear the zone.. he's one of 5 guys out there that could get the puck out..

i think it's more likely that he has lots of blocks because he's a good defender, good at getting in shooting lanes, and plays a lot of PK minutes (3rd amongst dmen)

I guess I'm on the side that I feel like you shouldn't have to block a lot of shots, otherwise you are in your own zone too much

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm on the side that I feel like you shouldn't have to block a lot of shots, otherwise you are in your own zone too much

i guess what i'm saying is that may be the case, and you could probably show that with all the fancy stats and stuff, but given the defender he is, and the trouble the flyers, as a whole, have clearing the puck, i'm glad he blocks so many shots. and no matter how good your breakouts and stuff are, you need to have guys that block a lot of shots

if you swap grossmann for a puck-mover, do the flyers (as a team) improve their breakouts enough to make up for that loss of shot blocking. stating the obvious i guess haha.. but that's my concern

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we keep playing like we did on this trip and get good solid back checking from our forwards and shot blocking, defensive zone clear outs and solid goaltending by Mase i think we will be a solid playoff team and fair well. We seam to have lulls where we stand and watch and that what kills us and leads to losses.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we keep playing like we did on this trip and get good solid back checking from our forwards and shot blocking, defensive zone clear outs and solid goaltending by Mase i think we will be a solid playoff team and fair well. We seam to have lulls where we stand and watch and that what kills us and leads to losses.

:agree:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like no stamkos for the olympics (twitter)

who replaces him?

last i saw neal and st louis seemed to be the top 2

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like no stamkos for the olympics (twitter)

who replaces him?

last i saw neal and st louis seemed to be the top 2

I want Gee in but I think he could use the rest I could see St Louis but not Neal over Gee

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Giroux gets passed on again. He seems to use it as motivation. Plus the rest would be good for him.

And it would be best for the US if Canada left him off :) :usa2:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Giroux gets passed on again. He seems to use it as motivation. Plus the rest would be good for him.

And it would be best for the US if Canada left him off :) :usa2:

That's true. I'd like him on the team because I know he deserves it, but it's probably in the best interest of the Flyers and Team USA if he's left off.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. I'd like him on the team because I know he deserves it, but it's probably in the best interest of the Flyers and Team USA if he's left off.

yup yup.. what's good for the flyers and what's good for USA is more important than G's feelings :)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this however if they take neal over gee i will be pissed.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couts is answering ?'s on the Flyers twitter and I asked him which beard is better: His or Jake's and he said his, of course

Pretty cool

Status
Not open for further replies.